Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22

Author Topic: Delegation: A fief management suggestion Game  (Read 24652 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Delegation: A fief management suggestion Game
« Reply #300 on: November 06, 2015, 07:41:10 pm »

"Very well. You may take a night of rest within our village and enjoy our hospitality. Tomorrow morning you may take your leave along with however much bread from our stores that you desire to carry, a set of leathers, and whatever traveling equipment you lack. I respect your journey, wanderer, even if I lament your unwillingness to join my ranks. You can trust that your people will be treated right here. I intend to tame this land, much unlike my predecessor. You are welcome here any time that you wish and I hope our paths cross again, under more blissful circumstances, of course. Take care, wanderer."

Let's see if we can't spare this guy a horse too. I want to see him again.
+1
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 06, 2015, 08:26:02 pm »

"Very well. You may take a night of rest within our village and enjoy our hospitality. Tomorrow morning you may take your leave along with however much bread from our stores that you desire to carry, a set of leathers, and whatever traveling equipment you lack. I respect your journey, wanderer, even if I lament your unwillingness to join my ranks. You can trust that your people will be treated right here. I intend to tame this land, much unlike my predecessor. You are welcome here any time that you wish and I hope our paths cross again, under more blissful circumstances, of course. Take care, wanderer."

+1

And another +1.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 06, 2015, 10:49:10 pm »

+1

And another +1.
+1

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 07, 2015, 01:29:54 am »

Well that's pretty unanimous. Any preparations you want to make before you assemble the troops and head out? Anything you want to do on the trip there? Any other last minute decisions?

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 07, 2015, 01:42:42 am »

Nothing beyond the routine preperations.

Perhaps a rousing speech of the GMs choosing? I would like to possibly psych them up a bit. I mean, this is probably the first time any of our guys have seen real combet beyond a bar fight or highwaymen. It's probably going to be a mix of terror and excitement, even if the bandits simply crumble.

Can we ask Veera if he could send his archers ahead to scout and find good hides. I suggest a torch signal when we would like them to fire flaming arrows on the fort when the pitch is placed as well, but I doubt we will be able to place it without being spotted. Maybe two torches held high for flames and one to begin regular volleys. The extinguishing of said torches should represent our troops passing the final line of approach and the archers should cease firing. This may be a little complex, so if we use them simply for reconnoitering the hold, then fair. Run it by Veera all the same.

Oh! Additionally, could I have more info on rune warriors. I think it should be a goal of ours to pen a letter in the coming months to offer the terry to a charter of theirs to begin Looking for selectees among our troops. If it goes to our liking we should consider the full building of a runic monestary. It would be so nice to pull our lieutenants from there.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 02:08:09 am by Gotdamnmiracle »
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 07, 2015, 10:45:26 am »

Oh! Additionally, could I have more info on rune warriors. I think it should be a goal of ours to pen a letter in the coming months to offer the terry to a charter of theirs to begin Looking for selectees among our troops. If it goes to our liking we should consider the full building of a runic monestary. It would be so nice to pull our lieutenants from there.

From what you understand Rune Warriors are essentially sorcerers, channelling magic through their bodies, albeit in very limited ways. You're not exactly an expert on the subject, but something about the runes branded on to them absorbs or negates the corruption that makes sorcerers such feared figures, ensuring that they endanger neither themselves or others with the use of their magic. You are also given to understand that the more skilled and respected a rune warrior becomes, the more runes are branded upon them. It is relatively common to find novices wandering the land seeking challenges to face, and more or less serve as respected mercanaries operating with the blessing of their respective chapter. This habit, as well as their abilities often leads to them being employed by lords as monster slayers and witch hunters, and their skills are honed to complement this tendancy.
Chapters themselves differ ideologically from one another, sometimes because of regionalism and sometimes because of the history of a particular chapter, but they all have a few things in common. For example, they see themselves as a counterpart to sorcerers, a natural opposite meant to counter their wild power. They don't hate sorcerers precisely, but they do seek to minimize their influence, being known in some countries to indenture them, or to intentionally cripple the magical abilities of the particularly powerful or unpredictable. Each chapter is centered around a specific fortress, and generally attempts to secure a certain amount of political independance and autonomy, rather than vassalizing itself to any particular dynasty.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 07, 2015, 11:20:26 am »

Before you leave, instruct your scribe to grill the refugees and their leader on their travels, in hopes of further updating our maps.

---

Send the horsemen ahead so that they may pick off any scouts and stop any warning of our arrival. Approach the fortress with a small advance force under cover of darkness, to access the viability of starting a fire, and get any input the engineer might share on the attack.

If setting a fire is viable, do so, and have the ranged soldiers pick them off as they try to fight it.

If the fire creates a brech in the defenses, send for the rest of the forces and assualt at once. Attack the breach with Madagor's armored men, and once we control the breach, send in the Wasirri Guard to mop up. If we assault, send the cavalry and your garrison to the front gates to prevent them from fleeing that way. Keep all the other men back as the reserve, ready to be called on if needed if needed.

If we fail to start a fire, or create a breach with it, leave the choice of if we besiege or harass the fort to Madagor.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 07, 2015, 04:06:52 pm »

I like the above for a plan of attack. Let's add  it or perform it instead.

It occurs to me that besieging them may be the best thing for our coffers. I'm nearly certain they will have some interesting objects inside. Probably crowns, weapons, horses, maybe some other interesting things.

Food for thought...

Regardless, go with above. I'm anxious to begin the march.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 07:03:27 pm by Gotdamnmiracle »

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 07, 2015, 07:00:57 pm »

Disregard.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 07, 2015, 07:08:50 pm »

I like the above for a plan of attack. Let's add  it or perform it instead.

It occurs to me that besieging them may be the best thing for our coffers. I'm nearly certain they will have some interesting objects inside. Probably crowns, weapons, horses, maybe some other interesting things.

Food for thought...

Regardless, go with above. I'm anxious to begin the march.

And as I understand it only a few parts of the outer wall are made of wood. The only thing a fire should damage is the structure.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 07, 2015, 09:40:03 pm »

Ah. I was under the impression it was primarily wooden. All the better. I see no issues with continuing.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 09, 2015, 04:59:51 am »

Dead?

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 09, 2015, 05:32:37 am »

Not at all! Just been a little busy this week.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 10, 2015, 11:50:28 am »

3821, the fifth month of the year, and the last month of spring.

Adeeb Wasirri, Lord Governor of Dhum-Blud
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Commanders and Agents
Forces

Before gathering your forces to leave you meet with Siubhail to offer him a few boons. You offer him a horse, travel-gear, and enough food to see him on his way, and extend an open invitation for him to return and partake in your hospitality any time. He accepts these with reserved gratitude and little ceremony, and you spend a little time speaking with him. You explain that you plan on taming the land, and that he can be assured that the people he has brought to safety will be treated well under your care. Somewhat ominously he replies that he will hold you to that latter promise, though largely he says nothing as you speak, remaining terse and cold.
While he remains around, you have your scribe gather information about the surrounding land from Siubhail and the refugees, since they've been wandering about it. With this you not only gain a better grasp of the nearby hill-lands, but also the exact locations of a few of the hamlets known to these people. One of those of course being nearly entirely abandoned and charred to ruin.

The enigmatic warrior leaves at about the same time you gather your own forces to depart. Desan made the arrangements for the food and supplies you need, and you take a pair of your carts to help you transport it.  The trip itself is a rather uneventful slog, and it's your first experience organizing travel for such a large number of people. There's often a light drizzle, but it's not enough to turn the roads to muck, even poorly kept as they are. You suppose it's your fortune that nothing of note happens, but that doesn't make the trip any less mind numbing for either yourself or the troops under your command. Neither of your vassals prove particularly skilled at diversion during the trip, Veera attempts to engage you in conversation from time to time, but both seem to put a lot of effort into avoiding one another. Balpher seems particularly drained by the march, and takes to grumbling incessantly. The march, all told, takes a little longer than you would have hoped, due largely to the poor state of the roads and the remoteness of the location, but in a little over two weeks you're finally within spitting distance.

You had Desan and Madagor send ahead their cavalry as an advance force to pick off any enemy scouts, and in reuniting with the cavalry you find they were a little less than successful. They did manage to harry enemy forces, but their presence was discovered, and they lost a few riders in an ensuing skirmish. The enemy did get the worst of that fight, and the riders managed to pick off a group of foragers in the meantime. However, they have at least learned that if the outlaws possess any horsemen they are few indeed, as they have been unable to give any sort of chase.

It's early afternoon, and you're only an hour or two away from where your scouts believe the ruined castle to be. How will you proceed?

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 10, 2015, 12:41:39 pm »

Well.. we've been discovered, so I feel we should give up on the night engagement, and give chase to them soon-ish.

Have the men get a light meal, and rest for an hour, then we get sieging'
Well, or there-abouts. At least I wouldn't want them to fight after walking non-stop for half a day, nor on an empty - or full - stomach.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22