Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29

Author Topic: Towers of Ragona [OOC]  (Read 15888 times)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Re: Towers of Ragona [OOC]
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2015, 09:47:48 pm »

Darn! I was going sorta out there, so I understand. Can you tell me more about allying with a faction?
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2015, 03:58:00 am »

Name: Abdul
Family Name: Alhazred
Family Trait(s): Popular and Sneaky
Affiliation: Alhazred
Primary Holdings: Farming
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 12:01:26 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2015, 10:12:04 am »

Darn! I was going sorta out there, so I understand. Can you tell me more about allying with a faction?

Of course.  Being affiliated with a faction puts you on good terms with them from the get go; they will expect a certain consideration from you during council sittings, but you expect a certain degree of consideration and assistance from them as well.  When allied with a faction, sometimes they will make requests of you, particularly to argue for or vote on a matter which serves their interests in some way.  So long as you are in good steading with them you can ask them for help as well, particularly during the Night phase when you are performing actions.  For instance, if you are allied with the Guild of Root and Powder and there are problems with difficult merchants who owe you money or you need a favour from, you can ask them to provide a bit of leverage against that figure - particularly if he is a guild member.  In return, if there is an issue being presented to the Council to lower tarriffs on goods exports, they will ask you not only for your vote but to be vocal in support for it - and they will of course be happier with you if the vote actually passes.

Gipetti, Stonetree and Goldbloom are good (pending Goldbloom's affiliation decision), will wait for 4-5 Towers before starting, though.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2015, 12:01:53 pm »

Name: Abdul
Family Name: Alhazred
Family Trait(s): Popular and Sneaky
Affiliation: Alhazred
Primary Holdings: Farming

Done?

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2015, 04:26:30 pm »

Name: Lewis Goldbloom
Family Name: Goldbloom
Family Trait(s): Popular and more popular rich
Affiliation: Goldbloom House
Primary Holdings: Banking Finance

The Goldbloom house has be around for longer than any living person can remember. Over the courses of countless generations, the Goldblooms have taken root here in Ragona. Until recently they had very little to do with the politics of Ragona, but in the last generation they have opened the first bank of Ragona. Now with their hands in everyone's pockets they are moving up into the political life. They come from the people, even if they don't look it now. They are are very charismatic and thoughtful when discussing issues, and kind when it comes to the people of Ragona. A Goldbloom could as easily sit at a council table as they could around a peasants table, and no one would think that they are out of place.

I deeply considered allying with a faction, but I think i need the extra $$$ at the beginning since I'm the banker. I will likely fall into line with one or two of them early on anyways. So, I'm taking the safe pick of popular and rich.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2015, 06:45:01 pm »

Name:Avery
Family Name:Windborn (changed from shadowborn a few decades ago).
Family Trait(s):sneaky, rich.
Affiliation: House Windborn.
Primary Holdings: Finished goods.

For as long as anyone can remember the Shadowborns have been in Ragona, their history starting in founding of the city-state, (assuming it's a city-state) where legend States that when the council was first formed, they were the chief spies of the council, however since then they fell to thievery to sustain their wealth and after a scandal, were disenfranchised. After nearly 50 years a young Shadowborn lady turned the family around, renaming the family the Windborns and starting a legitimate business 100 years ago. However they still have many times to the underworld of Ragona, recently they have been returned to their status as a tower.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 07:30:14 pm by Hiddenleafguy »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2015, 06:49:09 pm »

Nearly ready to start.  Do you want to take an affiliation as well?  Cult of the Black Sun is known to do quiet favours for influential patrons...
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2015, 07:04:39 pm »

Nearly ready to start.  Do you want to take an affiliation as well?  Cult of the Black Sun is known to do quiet favours for influential patrons...
Quite pumped for this. Are you expecting to start the first round tonight, or when?

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2015, 07:07:50 pm »

Nah but I might eventually but I like the idea of rebuilding the other towers faith in me better. Also this is my first political Rp thing, so do you think I did good on my NS (or TS as the case may be)?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2015, 07:14:33 pm »

Quite pumped for this. Are you expecting to start the first round tonight, or when?

Tomorrow, I'm headed bedward soon enough and I have a full day, but I might be able to get some of the pre-game messages out first.

Nah but I might eventually but I like the idea of rebuilding the other towers faith in me better. Also this is my first political Rp thing, so do you think I did good on my NS (or TS as the case may be)?

Not sure what you mean by NS.  If you don't care for an affiliation, you can pick a second family trait (Popular, Rich or Powerful) instead.  If you still have powerful underworld ties Powerful could work as ties to thugs, or Rich if your legit business is successful.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2015, 07:29:39 pm »

Oh while then I will probably go with um I'll just flip a coin. As for NS it stands for nation sheet.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 07:32:46 pm by Hiddenleafguy »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2015, 01:18:37 pm »

First Council Session is almost identical to Haspen's.  This is deliberate.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2015, 01:27:43 pm »

Can I still join this, or did I get here too late?
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2015, 03:17:52 pm »

Sure, post an app.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2015, 03:30:47 pm »

Can we get a link to the IC in the OP?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29