Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Also, feedback on the pace, content, and other stuff would be appreciated!
- 2 (100%)
Character sheets! Don't forget to keep these up to date!
- 0 (0%)
Map!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 189

Author Topic: Forumites RPG - Round 2: Elimination! (Wheel of misfortune)  (Read 112153 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Forumites RPG - We Won the Checkers War
« Reply #2235 on: August 13, 2015, 07:32:46 pm »

"I'm still thinking that if we have a shot left, we should use it on Arc. He's a cat. Not the best thing to be, in terms of survival chances."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: August 13, 2015, 07:59:12 pm »

"Oh yeah, good point. Where is the last one anyway? Or is that the one we used to fix Tea?"
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: August 13, 2015, 08:00:59 pm »

"I remember running out, but I wasn't really keeping track."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: August 13, 2015, 09:48:19 pm »

(Adragis has the last one, but I'd probably loose track IC)

"So, how is everyone doing?"

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: August 13, 2015, 09:50:13 pm »

"I'm alive and unwounded. For the moment."
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: August 13, 2015, 09:51:07 pm »

"No serious injuries here. Might want to give Aoshima one of the healing potions, I think he got burnt a bit."
Sigtext!

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: August 13, 2015, 10:07:03 pm »

***Meow.***
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: August 13, 2015, 10:29:09 pm »

***Meow.***
Tiruin sneaks up and picks up Arc-cat and then plops him on her armored shoulder (which is just her chest guard strapped over her shoulder).
Also bop his nose.

After reading back She remembers something.

"I'd like to check that computer thingy someone mentioned. If its anything like a hangman-...something, then I'd at least hope it has some kind of connection to 'TheLivingStationOfDoom' we've all stumbled in. This reminds me of all the stories I've read in the Goosebumps book series. Lighthearted, but sometimes (...rarely) psychologically horrifying."

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: August 13, 2015, 10:33:21 pm »

He turns to hugo and flexes his arms but seems slightly disapointed and relaxes his arms. "Honestly, I'm not at my strongest, but I'm still pretty strong. I could build myself back up rather quickly by using that large sword though." He looks down at his wrist-computer and noticed he leveled up. "Oh hey, I could pick an ability to help me with that too." He browses his wrist-computer for a bit.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: August 13, 2015, 11:03:36 pm »

Fallacy swings his mace in the manner suggested, although clumsily.
Tea maneuvers the bone to block the strike fully instead of parrying, catching the mace's shaft between the hip joint's split. The momentum dead, he releases it instead of going for any twisty disarm.
"Not bad, but you need to not hesitate. Technique is important, but if you daren't use it, it's pointless. A mace doesn't have much defensive capability, so one needs to strike first."

(Wielding a femur from the knee end is probably best: take a look at the hip joint, then take a look at historical war clubs. Bone is also fairly hard, and has a decent amount of weight, though it will chip on hard surfaces.)
((Counterpoint: look at a hip joint, then look at a modern fencer's pistol grip. They can be wielded similarly. Holding the bone horizontally by the hip allows for a greater variety of defensive techniques, though one won't actually hurt anyone with it from that stance, unless the knee end is sharpened. For that exact reason, I'd still wield it by the knee in an actual combat scenario, so there's really not very much point in arguing.))
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: August 13, 2015, 11:08:45 pm »

***Meow.***
Tiruin sneaks up and picks up Arc-cat and then plops him on her armored shoulder (which is just her chest guard strapped over her shoulder).
Also bop his nose.

Arcvasti deigns to be picked up, although they do the best disapproving facial expression they can manage on a cat face at having their nose bopped.
Spooky Signature

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: August 13, 2015, 11:13:29 pm »

Arcatvasti deigns to be picked up, although they do the best disapproving facial expression they can manage on a cat face at having their nose bopped.
"Ah-hah. Sorry there Arc. It's just that I've never seen or played with a cat before (well other than the cat...before I was born and...anyway). You sure you don't need a ride and all? Your paws may get grime on them considering the state of the cleanliness of this place."

She held out her arms as if to offer a lift!

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: August 13, 2015, 11:19:28 pm »

Arcatvasti deigns to be picked up, although they do the best disapproving facial expression they can manage on a cat face at having their nose bopped.
"Ah-hah. Sorry there Arc. It's just that I've never seen or played with a cat before (well other than the cat...before I was born and...anyway). You sure you don't need a ride and all? Your paws may get grime on them considering the state of the cleanliness of this place."

She held out her arms as if to offer a lift!

Arcvasti accepts the lift and starts purring.

[[For the record, Arcatsi weighs about 3.25 kilograms. Your arms might get tired after a while]]
Spooky Signature

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: August 13, 2015, 11:28:08 pm »

[[For the record, Arcatsi weighs about 3.25 kilograms. Your arms might get tired after a while]]
Tiruin strokes the Arc-kitty, relishing the feel of soft fur which she had never felt before in her life because Arc is a cat. She placed him securely on her shoulder--ensuring no fatigue to her arms as she carried the rest of a spear and her bow.

She wondered if she could create straps to carry the weapons--it reminded her of how soldiers did it: They had to carry their weapons 99% of their time, which explained the benefit of light weight over other aspects. Hefting the balsa spear in her hand--it would work great as a utility tool instead of a weapon, though no less able in that regard (just not for durability).

"Plans, guys, girls? I like that we're in no immediate danger. Anyone up for exploring the railroad?"

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: August 13, 2015, 11:57:24 pm »

Fallacy swings his mace in the manner suggested, although clumsily.
Tea maneuvers the bone to block the strike fully instead of parrying, catching the mace's shaft between the hip joint's split. The momentum dead, he releases it instead of going for any twisty disarm.
"Not bad, but you need to not hesitate. Technique is important, but if you daren't use it, it's pointless. A mace doesn't have much defensive capability, so one needs to strike first."
"And don't forget your footwork! Put one foot forward, move your weight around. Lean into your strikes."

Tiruin strokes the Arc-kitty, relishing the feel of soft fur which she had never felt before in her life because Arc is a cat. She placed him securely on her shoulder--ensuring no fatigue to her arms as she carried the rest of a spear and her bow.

She wondered if she could create straps to carry the weapons--it reminded her of how soldiers did it: They had to carry their weapons 99% of their time, which explained the benefit of light weight over other aspects. Hefting the balsa spear in her hand--it would work great as a utility tool instead of a weapon, though no less able in that regard (just not for durability).

"Plans, guys, girls? I like that we're in no immediate danger. Anyone up for exploring the railroad?"
"Well, I suppose. Anyone got a light?"
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 189