Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: PSA: Arkham Knight Pulled From Steam  (Read 3187 times)

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PSA: Do Not Buy Arkham Knight On PC
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2015, 01:17:22 pm »

Such a thread could be also a fix for common problem thread, or make that thread parallel to the bad game release thread.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2015, 02:05:36 pm »

I think a thread for each game is more visible to people hyped up and intending to purchase. And if the problem gets fixed, people stop posting, or start a new thread with a new topic, and the old one sinks to the bottom of the ocean, as usual.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2015, 02:39:16 pm »

Nice that steam gives out refunds now, eh?  I bet that is biting them in the ass.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2015, 02:55:23 pm »

Such a thread could be also a fix for common problem thread, or make that thread parallel to the bad game release thread.
This was part of the original idea, because for example Vampire: Bloodlines didn't work for me at all till I downloaded that mod that puts all the cut content back in.
Also the idea was that to increase "visibility" we would avoid mentioning games that didn't have such problems, that way a person about to buy a game could search that game in the thread and if it didn't pop up it was golden.
Course that would be excruciating to moderate.

Was actually thinking about making a "Buyer Beware: Steam Games to Avoid" thread after Fable Anniversary was totally unplayable due to lag.
But I don't have the tenacity to moderate such a thing.

Anyone interested?

Also Steam Refund how do?
What part in Fable Anniversary lags for you? I just bought the game and getting to the Hobbe Cave quest.

You can initialize steam refunds by searching for the game in Steam Support and there would be options to refund depending on your issue for the game.
Literally every part. Started the game up and walking around Oakvale as a kid is stuttery and laggy enough that I know damn well I couldn't possibly try combat in this bullshit.
Any idea how to turn the "HD" graphics off? I get the feeling that might help, but all my ideas to switch off the butt ugly reskins have failed.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2015, 03:30:02 pm »

This was part of the original idea, because for example Vampire: Bloodlines didn't work for me at all till I downloaded that mod that puts all the cut content back in.

VtM:B is awesome, though. You just have to install that mod to fix all the things, and possibly copy/move it out of the steam folder so steam doesn't screw it up. "Steam doesn't include the free mod that everyone knows you need to make it work, and make it awesome" isn't a reason to tell people not to buy it. (Besides, that mod is still being updated, or at least it was updated in between my first attempted playthrough and my second, successful one.)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2015, 03:35:58 pm »

I actually never had real problems with VtM:B even at release. Sure it had crashes, crappy performance, what have you. But it never failed to "work" for me, even on release day. So this is chipping in another comment that a thread for game lemons might end up turning into a tech support thread, which does kind of diminish its usefulness. It may not be a good idea to run out declaim games with a rocky release.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2015, 03:52:36 pm »

Also the idea was that to increase "visibility" we would avoid mentioning games that didn't have such problems, that way a person about to buy a game could search that game in the thread and if it didn't pop up it was golden.
Course that would be excruciating to moderate.

Was actually thinking about making a "Buyer Beware: Steam Games to Avoid" thread after Fable Anniversary was totally unplayable due to lag.
But I don't have the tenacity to moderate such a thing.

Anyone interested?

Also Steam Refund how do?
What part in Fable Anniversary lags for you? I just bought the game and getting to the Hobbe Cave quest.

You can initialize steam refunds by searching for the game in Steam Support and there would be options to refund depending on your issue for the game.
Literally every part. Started the game up and walking around Oakvale as a kid is stuttery and laggy enough that I know damn well I couldn't possibly try combat in this bullshit.
Any idea how to turn the "HD" graphics off? I get the feeling that might help, but all my ideas to switch off the butt ugly reskins have failed.
I didn't remember seeing much what you can change graphics wise. Other than resolution and vsync. whats your gpu?

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2015, 06:24:35 pm »

Er...no idea? I forget how to look up my specs.

But yeah, Fable Anniversary gives the same performance for me as a HEAVILY-modded-with-resource-intensive-things-and-not-well-optimized Skyrim, which is kinda ridiculous for an Xbox era game.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2015, 01:40:40 am »

Is there some graphics processor company I'm not aware of? Intel doesn't really count.
Wait, what the fuck happened to ATI? Don't tell me AMD bought them out.......
Fakeedit: oh, that's exactly what happened.....
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2015, 02:56:06 am »

Sales of Batman: Arkham Knight have been temporarily suspended while Warner Brothers works to address performance issues.
I suppose the message has been sent.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2015, 09:00:53 am »

I'd call that progress.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2015, 09:33:22 am »

At least the company is owning up to it. 
Someone done fucked up there.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: PSA: Arkham Knight Pulled From Steam
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2015, 11:12:46 am »

The fuckup essentially belongs to two parties: Iron Galaxy for making a shitty port, but it isn't all their fault, because Warner Brothers gave them far too little time to make that port in. However, Iron Galaxy also fucked up Arkham Origins to a lesser degree, and had a grand total of twelve people assigned to making this port.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2015, 11:15:45 am »

Is there some graphics processor company I'm not aware of? Intel doesn't really count.
At a guess?  Maybe it secretly runs great on the Voodoo3 2000. :P

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PSA: Arkham Knight Pulled From Steam
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2015, 11:16:54 am »

The fuckup essentially belongs to two parties: Iron Galaxy for making a shitty port, but it isn't all their fault, because Warner Brothers gave them far too little time to make that port in. However, Iron Galaxy also fucked up Arkham Origins to a lesser degree, and had a grand total of twelve people assigned to making this port.
Considering that those 12 people need a paycheck, it might have more to do with the budget allotted them for whatever time frame they had to port it.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 [2] 3