Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: [SG] Prophet of Cim: Prologue: Who are you?  (Read 10922 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [SG] Prophet of Cim: Prologue: Who are you?
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2015, 03:41:02 am »

This looks very nice. A few nitpicks, though. First up, Malakath was female. Second, both the planets Keshan and Slytha had a moon and neither was named. Muna was the name of the moon closest to the gas giant in the Keshan system. Third, you forgot the constellations which had a mechanical effect in Ye Gods.

Lol'd at the descriptions of Humans. I'm not actually sure who I'd rather play as - Human or Mountwyrm. On the one hand, Mountwyrms can fly. On the other hand, I created a crap-ton of living weapons and artifacts as Yaos. A horde of controllable zombies and pilotable giants which can easily be controlled by a Human with Order. Also, giant wolf cavalry..... I think I'll pick Human.

Name: Coras
Race: Human
Appearance: ?
Former occupation: A veteran soldier of the Human-Gruen war
Unique gift: Can impose order on creatures' minds, effectively turning them into blank slates that serve Order and the Prophet

I so wish I could tell you half the cool sh*t I was doing with Malakath. She dwarfed Yaos in terms of raw military power. She could've curb-stomped Tykki assuming she put an ounce of preparation into the assault.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 03:55:11 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2015, 03:54:42 am »

This looks very nice. A few nitpicks, though. First up, Malakath was female. Second, both the planets Keshan and Slytha had a moon and neither was named. Muna was the name of the moon closest to the gas giant in the Keshan system. Third, you forgot the constellations which had a mechanical effect in Ye Gods.

Lol'd at the descriptions of Humans. I'm not actually sure who I'd rather play as - Human or Mountwyrm. On the one hand, Mountwyrms can fly. On the other hand, I created a crap-ton of living weapons and artifacts as Yaos. A horde of controllable zombies and pilotable giants which can easily be controlled by a Human with Order. Also, giant wolf cavalry..... I think I'll pick Human.

Name: Coras
Race: Human Mountwyrm
Appearance: ?
Former occupation: A veteran soldier mercenary of the Human-Gruen war
Unique gift: Can impose order on creatures' minds, effectively turning them into blank slates that serve Order and the Prophet
Fixed.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2015, 04:25:04 am »

I so wish I could tell you half the cool sh*t I was doing with Malakath. She dwarfed Yaos in terms of raw military power. She could've curb-stomped Tykki assuming she put an ounce of preparation into the assault.

Hahahaha. Yeah right.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2015, 05:03:40 am »

Hahahaha. Yeah right.
Unless she had at least 800 Essence to boost her combat ability, she wouldn't have stood a chance. The best part is that I didn't even involve or deal with the Void at all. I wouldn't worry, though. Stirk's system entirely prevents me from getting anywhere near that amount of power.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 05:06:55 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2015, 05:46:53 am »

Hahahaha. Yeah right.
Unless she had at least 800 Essence to boost her combat ability, she wouldn't have stood a chance. The best part is that I didn't even involve or deal with the Void at all. I wouldn't worry, though. Stirk's system entirely prevents me from getting anywhere near that amount of power.

I seriously wonder how you think you had managed that. Couldn't be more assumptions, could it?
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2015, 05:55:07 am »

It would be nice of y'all to talk more about the character's design and try to reach a consensus. The suggestions are a bit too divided at the moment for me to choose fairly. Of course, I might just arbitrarily pick the one I like the most if this takes too long.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2015, 06:19:24 am »

@DreamerGhost: I discovered something so powerful I asked the GM about it which he confirmed in no uncertain way. I'll finish by saying the number was based on that something and knowledge gained over ~30 Ticks of research.

It would be nice of y'all to talk more about the character's design and try to reach a consensus. The suggestions are a bit too divided at the moment for me to choose fairly. Of course, I might just arbitrarily pick the one I like the most if this takes too long.
Give it another 8 or so hours. Some people might be asleep during this time, after all. Kevak is should be, for instance.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 06:30:46 am by Andres »

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2015, 06:28:57 am »

Shame the game ended before we got to see it then. I was just geting into magic too.

We could go with Vgrays option.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2015, 08:38:59 am »

Appearance: A tall humanoid who wears a silver-like mask on his face that resembles a skull. He has an appearance similar to that of the reaper.
Unique gift: Voice of Order. A silent roar escapes from the mask that encomapses a wide area around Yzereth. Any entities of chaos are trapped and cannot move for three days. They are completely frozen in time and are at the mercy of Yzereth will to Cis.
I don't remember any race as this from YG. Did you make that up? That would not be very good, as there is already a complete world the character should be inserted to. That gift is also a bit too powerful, as it would cost Essence by YG rules, and our character has none. 3 minutes of stasis would be more appropriate than 3 days.
A tall humanoid with a mask could be a Flagellant, because masks were just as common as veils.

I just realized Lilith's got a copper veil, which is pretty Melyssan, instead of a silver one. Editing it now.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 09:15:21 am by Lord_lemonpie »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2015, 11:31:09 am »

I suggest we play a Seraphim(I know they didn't do a great deal outside my stuff but you don't even bother mentioning them(yet you mention Merfolk?)? For shame.)

Unless they weren't made by this point.

In any case. Unique Gift is ability to Enforce the local Laws. As, make them Laws in the Physics sense for a certain while, that Cannot be Broken. Former occupation?

Magistrate.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2015, 01:12:57 pm »

they didn't do a great deal outside my stuff
Exactly. The races I included to start with had a hand in some particularly memorable moments that affected the game as a whole, and/or were of particular interest to Cim. But yes, playing a Seraph works if others agree.
Unless they weren't made by this point.
I'll continue where the canon left off. Everything made before the end is included.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2015, 01:17:28 pm »

Fairly certain Divine Library was Cims' creation.
I re-checked, and apparently it was Artisanii's. Fixed.

((Seriously, you didn't include the mysterious Light?))
I seriously considered it, but as the Light was pretty much gone by the end of the game, I decided not to include it unless requested.

Appearance: A tall humanoid who wears a silver-like mask on his face that resembles a skull. He has an appearance similar to that of the reaper.
Unique gift: Voice of Order. A silent roar escapes from the mask that encomapses a wide area around Yzereth. Any entities of chaos are trapped and cannot move for three days. They are completely frozen in time and are at the mercy of Yzereth will to Cis.
I don't remember any race as this from YG. Did you make that up? That would not be very good, as there is already a complete world the character should be inserted to. That gift is also a bit too powerful, as it would cost Essence by YG rules, and our character has none. 3 minutes of stasis would be more appropriate than 3 days.

I would tally the votes, but that would get too complicated for something anyone interested can count from the posts.

Humans=humanoid. I just wanted to make it sound cooler.

Or are you talking about the power?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2015, 01:34:24 pm »

A humanoid is not just a cooler human. A human is a humanoid, but the term's broadness causes confusion. It's any being similar to a human, with bipedal stance, 4 limbs and a head, and so on. I was talking about the power/gift as well as the race.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2015, 03:20:36 pm »

A humanoid is not just a cooler human. A human is a humanoid, but the term's broadness causes confusion. It's any being similar to a human, with bipedal stance, 4 limbs and a head, and so on. I was talking about the power/gift as well as the race.

It seemed since one power was to just shout and make everything orderly in a chaotic world then their should be a similar one with a nerfed ability. It'd be kinda OP to just fix things by just powering up an attack like that.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2015, 05:57:48 pm »

*Sigh* And the obviose problems of making a SG based off of a game where the participants created everything begin to show themselves. Anyway, if you want me to answer any Fusily questions about what Fusil did, would do, or whatever feel free to ask.

Tykki had over a hundred essence put into her raw military power, armor that made it impossible for Malakath to do anything directly to her, and a laundry list of abilities that would let her assassinate Malakath as easily as she loop killed Yaos ::). I had some secrety stuff done too...

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6