Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Regime (SG)  (Read 2601 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Regime (SG)
« on: June 14, 2015, 04:23:01 pm »

Regime

-Coalition Rifleman Watches as Presidents' Statue Falls-

The Coalition declared war on you for some trumped up reason. In less then a month, tanks were outside your palace, and enemy soldiers were marching through the city. Everything you built was turned to dust as they marched through your streets, destroying statues and "liberating" prisoners. They would've killed you if they had captured you, but some random loyalist citizen found you in the street, and quickly stuffed you in the trunk of his car, before driving out of the city to the desert. Your proud military had disintegrated when faced with a real threat, and it took you more than a month to put together the remnants. Now, however, you're ready to destroy the invaders, and reclaim your country.

How did you treat your people when you ruled?
A: You ruled with an iron-fist, keeping your people in line. You lavished gifts on the military to prevent a coup, but the rest of your people were mostly ignored.
B: You were a liberal ruler, keeping great care of your people. All of your people loved you, but you didn't care too much about keeping the military on your side.
C: You focused on keeping the loyalists in your party happy, lavishing gifts on them and choosing them for the most important jobs.

When the enemy first invaded the country, what did your military do?
A: Fight fiercely at the border, taking heavy casualties but dealing out heavy casualties to the enemy as well.
B: Pull back from the border, skirmishing with the enemy and attempting to avoid casualties.
C: Retreat entirely, melting into the desert and mountains.

What did you order your loyalists to do when the Coalition took over the country?
A: Attack the Coalition forces wherever they could be found, causing heavy casualties and a drop in Coalition morale, but also heavily reducing the number of loyalists left alive.
B: Follow the military into the desert, bringing supplies and weapons. Join up with the military to increase your numbers.
C: Stay in the country, continuing to live their lives, and amass weapons and explosives. Form sleeper cells and wait for an opportunity to attack Coalition targets.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 04:26:00 pm by Playergamer »
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
Re: Regime (SG)
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 04:51:11 pm »

A, A, B. I'm not doing a character sheet.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 06:29:20 pm »

B
B
C

Name: President Urist?
Appearance: A jolly, bearded fellow, short of stature.
Biography: Sweeping into power following a populist revolution against the former military junta. ___ set about pulling his country into the 21st century. Diverting the countries great oil wealth from what used to go to the (largely corrupt) military and their salaries and placing it into education and healthcare. While popular with his people, many former junta members saw opportunities to retake what was once theirs when they realized the new military's lack of manpower, and experience. They contacted sympathetic parties and countries nearby and aboard and a coalition was formed to return the country to the status quo.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 08:13:34 pm »

B
B
C

Biography: Sweeping into power following a populist revolution against the former military junta. ___ set about pulling his country into the 21st century. Diverting the countries great oil wealth from what used to go to the (largely corrupt) military and their salaries and placing it into education and healthcare. While popular with his people, many former junta members saw opportunities to retake what was once theirs when they realized the new military's lack of manpower, and experience. They contacted sympathetic parties and countries nearby and aboard and a coalition was formed to return the country to the status quo.
¡Viva El Presidente!
Max avatar size is 80x80

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2015, 09:59:50 pm »

A
A
C

President Rolan Lamarque

Known as the greatest general of the era, the old war hero won many over during the elections. Although credited with cutting government waste and ending poverty in the country the leader led a strong armed regime. Military folk and patriots love him to death and form the backbone of his support. The average citizen however..well he did lower taxes and eliminate poverty right? That build up of the army to strengthen national defense was a...misplaced investment.

He is also an avid tennis fan.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2015, 02:10:37 am »

B
B
C

+1

Nunzillor

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2015, 03:07:46 am »

B
B
C

+1
+1

variablenonsense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2015, 04:13:01 am »

B
B
C

+1
+1
+1
Call me Vari. It's easier to type.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2015, 10:51:35 am »

B
B
C

+1
+1
+1
+1 cuz I like being kind

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2015, 11:06:16 am »

B
B
C

+1
+1
+1
+1 cuz I like being kind

+1

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2015, 02:34:38 pm »

A
A
C

President Rolan Lamarque

Known as the greatest general of the era, the old war hero won many over during the elections. Although credited with cutting government waste and ending poverty in the country the leader led a strong armed regime. Military folk and patriots love him to death and form the backbone of his support. The average citizen however..well he did lower taxes and eliminate poverty right? That build up of the army to strengthen national defense was a...misplaced investment.

He is also an avid tennis fan.
+1

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2015, 06:33:54 pm »

B
B
C

You know we could actually have a name..

How about President James Rafield.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2015, 10:08:58 pm »

B
B
C

You know we could actually have a name..

How about President James Rafield.
Names don't really matter that much to me, but maybe a different name could jump start this game.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2015, 10:13:53 pm »

Presidente Dominica Patricia Hernandez y Cortes, daughter of Eduardo Rolando Cortes.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2015, 10:18:23 pm »

Presidente Dominica Patricia Hernandez y Cortes, daughter of Eduardo Rolando Cortes.

A little more serious please. Just a tad.

How about President Humphrey (last name?)?

Humprhey sounds like a gentle dwarven name. One thats not urist.
Pages: [1] 2