Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Yet another Yugioh game (7/8) (New Questions...)  (Read 12481 times)

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
Re: Yet another Yugioh game (Better name pending) (6/8)
« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2015, 02:33:00 pm »

The problem is if I have the players duel each other then they will be stuck around doing nothing for the rest of the tournament and there isn't much I can do with them. What I mean by endgame is that most of the decks are already at their full potential and with some of them being meta decks it means the only way I can give them a challenge is by also using meta decks and the few ones that exist means I would run out very quickly.

For example without Pendulumns the Tellarknights are going to be one of the most powerful decks in the game, the only ones that could match them would be  Shadolls, Burning Abyss, Nekroz and maybe Yang Zing. Any other deck is just going to be destroyed because there is no way they can keep up. It would be ok if it wasn't fully developed but as I messed up the rarities it is at full power right from the beginning.

I might start up another game but it would be different. Probably using the rarity system you are doing now as I really like the one you have come up with.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 02:44:48 pm by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2015, 07:53:25 pm »

I might start up another game but it would be different. Probably using the rarity system you are doing now as I really like the one you have come up with.

Having it be the rarity of when it first came out?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2015, 07:56:05 pm »

Having it be the rarity of when it first came out?

I mean having the packs be the cards the players get, it takes more work but it actually gets people to use cards that aren't just staples and be more creative with their decks.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2015, 11:44:25 pm »

Going on trip to Florida for around a week.  May have a bit of trouble being able to get the IC started.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2015, 11:57:31 pm »

Name: Dan G
Appearance: Black semi-formal hair, medium length. He holds himself in a rather awkward fashion but appears kind deep down, he wears modest glasses and dresses in long sleeved and form hiding clothing such as thick sweaters and jeans.
Backstory: A Kind but awkward person his entire life he tried hard to make friends but without such luck. His father and mother both work all day leaving him with a lot of time on his own, to do nothing but waste time at home. One day he received a bunch of cards from his parents and soon studied the rules, he looked at the cards in awe but something didn't seem right. He saw the cards in front of him but felt unfulfilled, like there was something missing. If he couldn't have friends maybe these cards could be his friend?
Money: 0
Desired Boosters: x2 Pharonic Ruler, x2 Pharohs Servant, x2 Magic Ruler
If I cannot double up: Pharoh's Servant, Pharonic Guardian, Spell of Mask, Magic Ruler, Struggle of Chaos, and Labyrinth of Chaos

This is going to be a tough game. Since my favorite decks don't come out for a few generations. I feel I should also have a more fleshed out story.

Though hilariously that story is more fleshed out then the vast majority of the characters in the dang show.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 12:48:52 pm by Neonivek »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 08, 2015, 01:37:47 pm »

well I got one of my favorite cards in the series. Though I am noticing quite hard how lopsided my deck is going to be.

As well I can see the buds of a few good deck ideas too. Though a few of them don't exist for a while.

Hmm I can eliminate 14 cards
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 03:17:15 pm by Neonivek »

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 08, 2015, 07:16:42 pm »

you know. its  to me that someone should make a form game were we can bring in any actual cards we may own to use.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2015, 02:52:22 pm »

I think it's ok to have multiples, here are the Pharonic Guardian Packs. I'll do the servant ones in a bit.

I'd rather have only one double of a single pack.  A single double gives a bit of direction, but more than that makes decks fall into a bit of a pattern as a person gets a greater deal of cards from a single archetype and that causes a tendency towards meta decks rather than fully custom.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2015, 07:52:13 am »

Neon, if you manage to get your packs modified and someone else rolls them up, then when I get home in...roughly 5-7 hours (depending on traffic when we go past cities), I can start the game.  I managed to get the initial post written up over my trip and just need to get it into the electronic format from my home computer.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2015, 10:06:10 am »

I can probably roll the cards if they are changed.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2015, 12:47:33 pm »

Ok changed in exactly 1 minute from now

Unless by "Single double of one pack" means only one double... then hmm...

Pharonic Guardian x2, Pharohs Servant, Magic Ruler, Spell of Mask, Curse of Anubis
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 12:58:12 pm by Neonivek »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2015, 08:06:40 pm »

UGH early Yugioh had so much "buy more packs" fodder... >_< drowning in useless cards.

Ohh well I'll have to make due.

Ok... 30 cards that I sparingly can find SOME use for... Now I need to include 10 totally useless and detrimental cards.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 12:22:16 am by Neonivek »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 15, 2015, 03:40:35 pm »

Unless by "Single double of one pack" means only one double... then hmm...

I meant only one double, however, as Kansa showed, I messed up with how many I have, I'm just going to say a second double can be used.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9