Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Roll to Convert Mk. III  (Read 16863 times)

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Convert Mk. III
« Reply #120 on: July 18, 2015, 09:52:54 pm »

((Is there space for one more player?))

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 18, 2015, 09:53:08 pm »

determine local opinion of mysterious substance.
determine local exports  and imports.
locate nearby  places where the ingredients could  be easily gathered from the wild.
determine influence of the local town/village/ect...
determine the amount of people loacally who are polythiests. determine how common magic is in the local area. determine  the most powerful magic users in the local area. determine the average level of education in the local area. determine the level of technology in the local area.
Start from top go to bottom if it can not be completed in one turn start where I left off on the old turn.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 18, 2015, 10:08:35 pm »

(+1 influence). Prophet: Minor Noble (+1 Rabble Rouser, +1 Absolute Faith, -1 Organized Religion)

AND SO SEEING THE TROUBLE BREWING FROM THE MOB, THE COMMUNIST GOD SAIDETH "STOP THIS YOU IGNORANT PEOPLE! THE TEMPLE THAT YOU WORSHIP AT CONTAINS EITHER A FALSE GOD, OR JUST A MINOR SPIRIT PRETENDING TO BE A GOD!

FOR I AM THE ONLY GOD, AS I CARE FOR ALL THE PEOPLE, AND SO THEY MUST BE EQUAL IN CLASS, STATE, AND MAYBE EVEN ABILITY!

THEN THE PROPHET PREPARED TO ROUSE A COUNTER MOB TO RISE UP IN REVOLUTION AGAINST THE NON-EXISTANT GOD IN THE TEMPLE!, AND THEN EITHER BURN IT DOWN, OR JUST ALL THE FALSE SYMBOLS!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 18, 2015, 10:25:00 pm »

((Is there space for one more player?))
sure. name your god and give one quality or aspect you want your prophet to have.

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 18, 2015, 10:29:44 pm »

Name:Nyxta
Potential Prophet Trait:Highly manipulative skills.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 18, 2015, 10:38:06 pm »

((The communist god's post reminded me of this. (Hope I did that right) And what does that lead to This! (Warning, that link is to Tv Tropes, open if you want to be awake all night.)

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 18, 2015, 11:03:15 pm »

Farf, God of diseases.

Scared of germs(+1), Clean and tidy(+1), Diseased (+1), Psychic overload (2)

"AH COME ON FIREBOY! YOU KINDA NEEDED THAT JOB VERY MUCH! WAKE ME UP WHEN YOU'RE 'SANE' AGAIN (AND BY SANE I MEAN NOT RUNNING AROUND SCREAMING LIKE A GOAT (DID YOU KNOW GOATS SCREAMED REALLY FUNNY BY THE WAY? YOU SHOULD WATCH A SCREAMING GOAT VIDEO(OH WAIT, DO YOU GUYS EVEN HAVE COMPUTERS?(AND HOW MANY PARENTHESIS DO YOU BET I CAN PUT INSIDE EACH OTHER?(A LOT ACTUALLY(WAIT, IS THAT THE KIND OF STUFF THAT DRIVE PEOPLE CRAZY? MAYBE I SHOULD STOP(GEE, ITS NOT THAT MUCH, HOPE THAT DOESN'T DRIVE YOU MAD. I'LL NEED TO BE MORE CAREFUL WITH YOU))))), THAT SHOULD CHEER YOU UP), MKAY?)."
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 19, 2015, 10:43:38 am »

Everything
+1 Roguish Charm. -1 Plays Well With Others. +1 Lay of the Land
[75, 153]

Order my prophet to get to work converting others. Tell my followers to do whatever they normally do and see what it is.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 24, 2015, 07:21:09 am »

((sory guys, I didn't realize I had this many actions waiting. I thought it was like, five, and wanted to give others a chance to post. then the week happened. I'll make a turn this evening or late tonight. until then, I'll answer a question or two.

((Do I have the ability to talk directly to anyone other than my prophetess? Also, how much Influence do I have?))
As a miracle you can appear/communicate with someone other than your prophet. you get your prophet communication free, but every action otherwise that affects the world in some way counts as a miracle. You could eaily enough communicate with your current followers, but that would essentially count for their turn. you could instead make one miracle communication elsewhere, but it risks confusion on the part o the recipient, as with the colors and lights you did so far.

As for influence ... hmm, I forget what i said about influence previously (I'll have to check on that later.
). You have influence over your followers, and a rising level of influence due to the size of your cult, and the respect in which your prophetess is held.

locate nearby  places where the ingredients could  be easily gathered from the wild.
determine the amount of people loacally who are polythiests. determine how common magic is in the local area. determine  the most powerful magic users in the local area. determine the average level of education in the local area. determine the level of technology in the local area.
Start from top go to bottom if it can not be completed in one turn start where I left off on the old turn.
I'll give you a couple for free, because they are general knowledge you should gather naturally. During the turn I'll check for the others.
Tech level is Roman Era Barbarian Tribal. Your village has little influence and is located in a generally very cold area. Main sustenance is seals and mammoth and the like. They don't import much, being fairly isolated and lacking a real economy. Average education is trade-based. literacy is rare, though extant.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 25, 2015, 06:06:16 am »

Well, fine. Go hire some other thug, dont want your friend to be alone.
(5)Your prophetess gets a dark gleam in her eyes, seeing the money start to come in. She goes to hire another thug (6) and gets the last large, burly, mean looking fellow in the village. You now have two thugs skimming the take! Ding!

Vashna shall speak to his prophet "Damn Mystical lights 'R Us, cheap crap. Hello my prophet, you shall do great things, for I am your god, Vashna lord of justice, and comic books but the comic book thing is more of a hobby. You shall become a great hero against crime, but first you need to follow my 5 or more step plan.
Step one: make your origin story. You have already done this so lets move on to the next step.
Step two: Learn how to free run, how to be a great detective, and at least three unarmed fighting styles one of which must be ether fallen czar style or doombunny style.
Step three:Come up with a secret identity, this shall be the name you take when you fight crime.
Step four:Get a intimidating costume based on your name.
Step five: Fight crime!"

(5)you make a rousing speech. Your prophet is compelled to learn the mystical martial arts. (1) Failing to find a mentor, he begins to train on his own, trying to lift heavy boulders, outrun bulls, climb mighty oaks. Several broken bones and crushed kidneys later, he is in little condition to fight anything at all.

((Do I have the ability to talk directly to anyone other than my prophetess? Also, how much Influence do I have?))

Ryleus Aluin.

+1 Power Politics -1 Eye to Eye with the Divine [Light themed miracles level 2]
1 Disgraced minor prophet (opponent) (1 Prophetess. 10 Commoner followers. 2 Noble followers.) [26, 61]

Have the Commoners merely continue their daily life for the time being and send one of my Noble followers off to gather up all information regarding the village gods Bah and Olm with their connections within society.
(2) Your commoners are too revved up for the new faith and go around town starting arguments and painting fruit in your honor instead. (2) Aaaaaand your nobles refuse to set foot near a temple, preferring to search for methods of making lights in the sky, in your honor. (4) they discover the fine science of fireworks, and set about gathering ingredients, blowing up drawing rooms, reeking of suler and saltpeter, and in general having a rip-roaring good time.

local opinion of mystery substance seems quite high. The locals view the stuff with careful reverence. Finding ingredients proves challenging though. Maybe it's a closely guarded secret? As for polytheism, well, you can't' really gauge the religious faith of the people. You struggle to get into anyone's head - they are dark and murky places, filled with confusing images and sounds. (1) your prophet becomes quite still. His lips are quite blue. Looks very cold in that gutter.

(+1 influence). Prophet: Minor Noble (+1 Rabble Rouser, +1 Absolute Faith, -1 Organized Religion)

AND SO SEEING THE TROUBLE BREWING FROM THE MOB, THE COMMUNIST GOD SAIDETH "STOP THIS YOU IGNORANT PEOPLE! THE TEMPLE THAT YOU WORSHIP AT CONTAINS EITHER A FALSE GOD, OR JUST A MINOR SPIRIT PRETENDING TO BE A GOD!

FOR I AM THE ONLY GOD, AS I CARE FOR ALL THE PEOPLE, AND SO THEY MUST BE EQUAL IN CLASS, STATE, AND MAYBE EVEN ABILITY!

THEN THE PROPHET PREPARED TO ROUSE A COUNTER MOB TO RISE UP IN REVOLUTION AGAINST THE NON-EXISTANT GOD IN THE TEMPLE!, AND THEN EITHER BURN IT DOWN, OR JUST ALL THE FALSE SYMBOLS!
(4) You make a rousing speech shout. One or two o the crowd blink in uncertainty. (3) your prophet calls out weakly to anyone he can find: "Help me? I don't want to die ... guards? priests? Mommy?" (1) this has the expected result, and the mob is upon him. They beat him for a while, and shouts and curses grow more intense. After a while, your prophet gets up, let mostly alone, and sees the mob breaking windows, ighting amongst themselves, and doing generic rioting stuff. Your bruised, limping prophet staggers homeward.

Name:Nyxta
Potential Prophet Trait:Highly manipulative skills.
(1)Nyxta is attracted strongly to a soul who looks to be able to toy with the emotions of others with ease. it is not until they are bonded that Nyxta discovers that this person is simply too blunt and honest, and any emotional disturbances were the reult of ignorance, rather than control. Oops

Farf, God of diseases.

Scared of germs(+1), Clean and tidy(+1), Diseased (+1), Psychic overload (2)

"AH COME ON FIREBOY! YOU KINDA NEEDED THAT JOB VERY MUCH! WAKE ME UP WHEN YOU'RE 'SANE' AGAIN (AND BY SANE I MEAN NOT RUNNING AROUND SCREAMING LIKE A GOAT (DID YOU KNOW GOATS SCREAMED REALLY FUNNY BY THE WAY? YOU SHOULD WATCH A SCREAMING GOAT VIDEO(OH WAIT, DO YOU GUYS EVEN HAVE COMPUTERS?(AND HOW MANY PARENTHESIS DO YOU BET I CAN PUT INSIDE EACH OTHER?(A LOT ACTUALLY(WAIT, IS THAT THE KIND OF STUFF THAT DRIVE PEOPLE CRAZY? MAYBE I SHOULD STOP(GEE, ITS NOT THAT MUCH, HOPE THAT DOESN'T DRIVE YOU MAD. I'LL NEED TO BE MORE CAREFUL WITH YOU))))), THAT SHOULD CHEER YOU UP), MKAY?)."
(4)You rousingly screech into Fireboy's mind as she flees, piling up that psychic stress pretty handily (overload[||||.] She seems all to willing to leave you alone until she is no longer running around screaming like a goat. (3) She gets away from the village, out in the countryside, and finds a barn to sleep in. it's itchy and she tosses and turns, screaming about disease and madness for half the night, and in general upsetting the horses and chickens.

Everything
+1 Roguish Charm. -1 Plays Well With Others. +1 Lay of the Land
[75, 153]

Order my prophet to get to work converting others. Tell my followers to do whatever they normally do and see what it is.
(4)YOur prophet heads out to make more converts, while your two drunks shrug and proceed to get drunk again. (5) Your prophet convinces a few local members o the underworld that riches and profit will be theirs under your watchful eye! Three criminals join the cause!

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 25, 2015, 11:15:29 am »

Farf, God of diseases.

Scared of germs(+1), Clean and tidy(+1), Diseased (+1), Psychic overload (4)

Wait for FIREBOY to lower her psychic overload level.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 25, 2015, 11:24:39 am »

Thugdoblat, EVIL god.

+1 DARK SOUL -1 INFLUENCE

Tell the thugs about me. The god.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 03:20:54 pm by conein »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 25, 2015, 11:33:44 am »

((I missed a turn! Damn!))

Omin, God of Pleasant Scents

+1 Fresh Bread and Strawberries. -1 Adventurous Spirit. +1 All Nature Sings. +1 Why Do Fools Suddenly Appear, Whenever You are Near?, +1 Gender Diversity, 5 Hygienic Disciples (incl. tavern keeper, midwife).

[334, 54]

Keep working on that bath house, people!

Oh, and the prophetess should look into finding more disciples. The more, the merrier!

Nosaneinme

• Bay Watcher
  • It time to play
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 27, 2015, 03:20:11 pm »

Now ask what My master original want i going do

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 27, 2015, 04:23:46 pm »

"You can't just go and train with no master, go find the healer or medicine man of your village, and get healed. Try to convert him to our cause well you are at it, I know you will need a medic."
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]