Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 346494 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Mobile Home
« Reply #1125 on: October 04, 2015, 05:01:42 pm »

((Goddamn that's awesome!))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: October 04, 2015, 05:03:08 pm »

((That's some of the nicest forum game fanart I've seen, certainly.))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: October 04, 2015, 05:06:42 pm »

((Let's put that on the fridge wiki page!))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: October 04, 2015, 05:09:34 pm »

((Glad you like it, and feel free to wiki it.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: October 04, 2015, 05:11:53 pm »

((Even the swirly straw made it in. Noice. I love it))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: October 04, 2015, 05:14:23 pm »

((Damn editor won't work on my computer, so for now I left a link to Imgur gallery, I'll put up viewable pictures later.))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: October 05, 2015, 05:28:20 am »

((Do I need to post my app to get wait listed, or just ask for a place on it?))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: October 05, 2015, 06:21:50 am »

((Right now it looks like you have plenty of time to compose a character sheet while being on the waitlist. So just be sure you have one when people start dying.))
Sigs

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1133 on: October 05, 2015, 01:46:32 pm »

"So with more engine spirits, we could have a fully controlled war machine? Can you sense other engine spirits if we get near them?"

More asking of things.
"I'd have to touch them to know."

"I've a way to fix that particular issue of if it exists or not. But that'll have to wait until we encounter another group of people.
How would you rate our chances as of now of defeating this realm's god? Also, how powerful are gods typically? Do they have abilities of any sort, or do they vary?"

"I don't know. I haven't met it."

John gets to the driver's seat of the Warbeast, where he finds Tarmac and Xankarvo having a conversation with engine spirit.

- So you were having a good time, I see. Now let me try out a thing - be careful.

Take the drivers seat. Figure out the controls. If there are means to control Warbeasts actions beyond walking directions, try ripping some dead tree from the ground and seeing if I can put large objects on the back of the beast and back on the ground. Be extra careful to not damage the buildings while doing that.
You can do that, though it's easier to just have the engine spirit do it for you. Admittedly, he can't walk and move the arms at the same time, but you don't need to for this.

See if any of our remaining armor would fit me.
As it is, no. You might be able to take a few pieces and string them together into something though. Armoring a sphere isn't easy. I guess you could balance a helmet on top of your head and hope the enemy laughs instead of attacking.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: October 05, 2015, 01:57:40 pm »

- Why, ain't that a treat? We're almost ready to go.

Put the Jeep on Warbeast's back. Secure it with some rope or cloth straps or whatnot, put it on hand brake. See if beast can walk alright with Jeep on it's back. If so, ask Engine Spirit to take us to the nearest  Great Conquering King's Empire outpost he is aware of. Be sure everyone is aboard when we depart. While he's at it, draw this on red cloth with some machine oil or greasy dirt. Hoist that up instead one of the old banners, so there would be new one and old one alongside.
Sigs

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: October 05, 2015, 01:59:47 pm »

Keep watching the skies.

And if that's not thrilling enough, do some recon. Check our lovely Warby for parasites or something.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: October 05, 2015, 02:05:45 pm »

((I'm not a sphere, I'm a hyena. Were you thinking of Tarmac?))

Assist John

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1137 on: October 05, 2015, 02:13:57 pm »

((I'm not a sphere, I'm a hyena. Were you thinking of Tarmac?))

Assist John
AH right. I remember the characters but for some reason the players controlling them get mixed up in my head sometimes. In that case yes, the armor would fit you. Not very well, your back has much more of a thoracic curve to it then the others, but it fits.
Keep watching the skies.

And if that's not thrilling enough, do some recon. Check our lovely Warby for parasites or something.

The skies are gray and uninteresting for the moment. The only thing you can see while flying around is that strange collection of things that you passed by in the jeep yesterday evening. From the sky, it looks like a weirdly bumpy and uneven area of grass. Probably grown over something.

- Why, ain't that a treat? We're almost ready to go.

Put the Jeep on Warbeast's back. Secure it with some rope or cloth straps or whatnot, put it on hand brake. See if beast can walk alright with Jeep on it's back. If so, ask Engine Spirit to take us to the nearest  Great Conquering King's Empire outpost he is aware of. Be sure everyone is aboard when we depart. While he's at it, draw this on red cloth with some machine oil or greasy dirt. Hoist that up instead one of the old banners, so there would be new one and old one alongside.

We can do all of that: putting the jeep there and securing it, and yes the thing can walk. And you can create your new banner and hoist it proudly up on the remaining poles. However, the Engine Spirit doesn't know where the nearest outpost is because it has no bearings for here it is in relation to anything. You'd need to find a landmark it remembers. 

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: October 05, 2015, 02:19:09 pm »

Ask the Engine Spirit if it remembers the Field of Faces Getting Punched. Or whatever that place is called.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: October 05, 2015, 02:23:12 pm »

Fly closer! Investigate this odd formation of vegetation while circling it several times in the air, making sure to get good angles. Attempt to ascertain its motives.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 241