Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: EvE Online:Wagon Company(Bay12 Corp Action!)  (Read 1065 times)

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
EvE Online:Wagon Company(Bay12 Corp Action!)
« on: June 06, 2015, 05:51:43 pm »

Hey guys! werty892, or Pardet Kynes in eve here. I'm starting this as a new EvE online thread, and to found a new Bay12 corporation.. If you are a new player/don't know what EvE is, I suggest you skip down to the new player section below, and then come back and read this later.

So, if you look through the depths of the old EvE online thread, you can see we used to have a corp that is now long, long dead. The Bay12 channel is languishing, and there have been no posts in that thread for several weeks. The reason I'm pretty sure the old corp died was because they focused on boring activities and were very risk averse, aka running missions in high sec. Well, I'm here to kick off a hopefully less boring reincarnation of the Bay12 Corp, Wagon Company! Now, what will make Wagon company special you may ask?

1.We will be based in Thera. For those who don't know, Thera is a special wormhole system that A:Has NPC stations, so your stuff is safe 2.Is 300AU wide(Train warp core operation to 4!) and 3. Has a lot of wormhole connections all over the universe. This is a map of the current connections leading to and from Thera. We will be based out of the Gravitation Laboratory.
2.We will not be risk adverse! We will encourage PvP activities, by doing PvP fleets/roams, and having SRP on those roams. Plus, just by living in thera we will be guaranteed action, since it is wormhole space.
3.Group activities! We will run exploration fleets, mining fleets, PvE fleets, to make isk in a fun way together.
4. The corp will provide services! I'll be running a buyback program where you can sell me anything, and I'll buy it from you for 90% Jita buy, so you don't need to deal with shipping stuff out. I'll also import stuff for you, so you can spend more time having fun, and less time in the wretched hive of scum and villainy known as Jita.
5. Raidcall server! 11202303 is the ID, you have to be in the corp to get into the private channels. To connect download raidcall here. Then when you install it and the client comes up, simply put that ID in the search bar and press enter. After the first time you will be able to connect using 'most recent' on the side.

Ultimately I can't promise a perfect experience, as you know, most of the time you will have to make your own fun in EvE. However, I can promise a corp that will support you wherever you function in the universe, and for whatever you do.

If you want to join, I have a few requirements. Your account must be at least one month old, and have 50 posts, or your account must be at least 3 months old with no posts. Then, PM me your EvE online account name, a FULL API key with no expiry, and apply in game with
your character, saying your username in the application. You can make a API key here. Make sure everything is checked, and it is a full account key. If you don't know what a API key is, it simply tells me about your charecter, IE: your skills, wallet balance, etc. so I can confirm you are not a SPAI and see what you can do.

If you have any questions, join Wagon Co. Pub(name of the channel) and I'll help you out.

NEW PLAYERS!
If you managed to get through that wall o' text, you should be able to decide if you want to make a journey into the wonderful world of EvE. Step one is to click this link, and get a free 30 day trial. In addition, if you subscribe using that account, I will get a reward of a PLEX, which I will then sell and split the profit with you. Download, and create a character. Your race/bloodline/school does not matter at all, you will not be locked out of doing anything by these choices, so pick them for aesthetics. Then, once you get in game, you will be faced with a new system called opportunities. I suggest joining the corps public channel, so you can ask for help if needed. To do so, click on the chat bubble on your sidebar and then join 'Wagon Co. Pub' without the quotes. Do the first couple of opportunities, up until docking into a station, then open the help menu, by clicking the little question mark on your sidebar. Press the 'Show career agents' button, and then move to the nearest group. Once you dock into the appropriate station, do the agent missions at your discretion. This will give you a nice nest egg to get started in EvE! After you complete the various mission chains, you can take three paths. One is to join Wagon Company, and we will help you get started with us. Another is to continue the NPC mission chains by doing the Sisters of Eve Arc, which will grow your nest egg even bigger, and then join Wagon company. Or you can strike out on your own! It's your choice, and EvE is what you make it.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: EvE Online:Wagon Company(Bay12 Corp Action!)
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 06:09:53 pm »

Played a while ago. Sorta got bored.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 06:46:54 pm »

Played a while ago. Sorta got bored.
Amazing. Please, tell me more. But seriously, throwing out a sentence like that does not do anything useful/contribute. Why did you get bored?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2015, 06:55:44 pm »

Did everything there was to do. Ran a corp. Did nullsec stuff. Sovereignty and all that, missions, pvp, pirating. ninjasalvaging, mining.

In the end it just got boring. The new stuff they added was just variations on the old stuff.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2015, 07:18:41 pm »

Did everything there was to do. Ran a corp. Did nullsec stuff. Sovereignty and all that, missions, pvp, pirating. ninjasalvaging, mining.

In the end it just got boring. The new stuff they added was just variations on the old stuff.
Have you read the recent dev blogs? This and this are two recent ones, with the sovereignty changes coming out July 14th.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2015, 08:48:35 am »

bump

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2015, 12:47:03 pm »

bumbing cause very interest, already flew out to werty :D
Nom nom nom

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2015, 02:32:52 pm »

What does it mean to be trust in thera? Are there groups out there with some sort of non aggression pack? I can say from experience that wormhole life is fun and stressful. The small group I helped run is splintering after about 6 months of life in the holes.

If you want to give eve a try wormhole life is an exciting place to do it.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2015, 03:10:48 pm »

Thera seems pretty calm from what I've experienced so far, passed people who just said hello and flew off.  I think that there's sort of a non-agression pact going on as anyone red-labeled gets killed and everyone else is just polite and ignores each other.
Nom nom nom