Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 41

Author Topic: BYOR 14 - Night 4: A Tie-ght Race  (Read 76632 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 14 - Day 1: How To Land A Plane
« Reply #255 on: June 22, 2015, 05:28:58 pm »

Shakerag, you're being a bit too transparent with the whole 'lets waste two days by killing the people at each others throats who may or may not be executioner-executionee'. You say you're trusting NQTs reputation essentially, but you're not taking into account that NQT is good at analysing people after they've made lots of posts and votes and stuff. This is still Day 1. Don't let that be your excuse for a mislynch.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 14 - Day 1: How To Land A Plane
« Reply #256 on: June 22, 2015, 06:47:59 pm »

Day Processing Commencing. No more posting.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 14 - Please Remain Seated While Other Passengers Are Boarding...
« Reply #257 on: June 22, 2015, 07:19:56 pm »

Through sheer will, the stewardess has managed to continue talking about terrorist groups and their resulting plane takedowns. Of course, everyone has instead focused on more important things, like who can horde the most food rations, which end does the flare come out, and who can work a first aid kit because it's not that end.

Those that have been paying close attention realize that, of course, origamiscienceguy has created a lot of powerful enemies with a grand total of one, which, as everyone knows, is far greater than four. Duh. As the crowd gathers around him to see what could be so hateable about him, he suddenly withdraws...

A piece of paper. Which he swiftly folds into a crane.

"Tawnsfolk! You zee dis crane, no? Vhat doos eet zay to you!?"

Most of the crowd shrugs. One points out that it very clearly says 'Mafia' on the side.

"Oh. Sheet. I em not used to dees just yet. Oh vell." He pulls a button from his pocket and pushes it. The crane explodes into a rather impressive dust cloud, blocking out the sun for probably exactly one Day. Origamiscienceguy uses this time to escape into the ocean, where he promptly drowns. Heh, tourists, amirite?

Vote Count
------------------------
blackmagechill - Shakerag, Lenglon, Deus Asmoth, ToonyMan,
Cheeetar - origamiscienceguy,
Deus Asmoth -
Dorsidwarf -
flabort - IronyOwl,
IronyOwl -
Jack A T -
Lenglon -
notquitethere - Dorsidwarf, TheDarkStar,
origamiscienceguy - Cheeetar,
Persus13 - notquitethere,
Shakerag - blackmagechill,
Teneb -
TheDarkStar - Persus13,
Tiruin -
ToonyMan -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - flabort, Tiruin, Jack A T, Teneb,

9 To Hammer. Day Ends on Monday 6 PM Central.

origamiscienceguy has been lynched!

origamiscienceguy was a German Tourist Vis A Funny Accent (mafia).

It is now Night.

Please PM your actions or lack thereof.

origamiscienceguy - German Tourist Vis A Funny Accent
Vat do you mean? Ve are ze mafia? Vat does dat mean?

(Auto) I Know Nuh-Sing!: You inspect as Town.
(Auto) Local Customs?: While you are alive, you may choose to block all inspects or allow all inspects. This may be changed once per Cycle.
(Auto) Diplomatic Immunity: When you die, skip the next Day Phase.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 07:23:33 pm by webadict »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 14 - Night 1: Cheap Ocean Tours!
« Reply #258 on: June 24, 2015, 09:26:33 pm »

You wake up with a giant headache as the fumes from the still-burning plane finally start to have an effect on you. Since you spent yesterday both arguing about random things and stealing food rations, you realize that you not only failed to setup a source of clean, drinkable water, but you also notice there’s a lack of shelter, supplies, and places to stand which are currently not on fire.

Of course, those that don’t truly understand your plight are busy screaming about who’s-it being dead or whatever other boring garbage they’re talking about again. Fiiiiiine, we’ll go look at the corpses. Maybe if they’re cooked long enough, you can pretend they’re burgers. Just like your mom used to make when she killed people.

First up is, predictably, Shakerag, who’s not only managed to make a mockery of this plane crash but his death as well. He’s managed to skewer himself with a sword and hit every vital organ and even a few non-vital ones, just because. On the ground is a nice message: ‘lol i died xD!’ He even managed to send out a video message to everyone’s cellphone of him doing it.

Next up is Jack A T who has been stuffed into a trash can and burned with the words ‘I don’t make trash, I burn it’ written on the side. Impressive stuff.

And lastly, notquitethere, who is, ironically enough, not quite there. In fact, he’s not here at all. But he’s definitely dead. You know because… uh… just because, okay?

Anyhow, it’s still night out, so everyone goes back to sleep.

Jack A T has been killed!

Jack A T was the Garbage Can Model (mafia).

notquitethere has been killed!

notquitethere was the Fool (town).

Shakerag has commited suicide. Really, Shakerag?

4maskwolf has replaced Dorsidwarf.

Day has been skipped!

No-Vote Count
------------------------
4maskwolf -
blackmagechill -
Cheeetar -
Deus Asmoth -
flabort -
IronyOwl -
Lenglon -
Persus13 -
Teneb -
TheDarkStar -
Tiruin -
ToonyMan -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - flabort, Tiruin, Teneb, Lenglon, Deus Asmoth, ToonyMan, Persus13, blackmagechill, Cheeetar, 4maskwolf, TheDarkStar, IronyOwl,

It is now Night.

Please send in your actions and stuff... Again.

Jack A T - Garbage Can Model
I wish there was a model I could use to make this role.

(Auto) Garbage Can: You may use up to two action per Phase if you use the Garbage Can. You may have any number of abilities and targets in the Garbage Can. You may change the actions and target in the Garbage Can once per Day Phase. All tracking and watch actions will only see TRASH as the player if the Garbage Can is used. You will be told what actions and targets were chosen.
(Night) Trash [target]: You block the target, instead getting them wicked smashed on dumpster wine.
(Night) Problem Solving [target]: Obtain a 1-shot copy of a random ability of the target.
(Night) Garbage Man [target]: Take the trash away and tell the target that you visited them.

notquitethere - The Fool
I pity the Fool!

(Auto) Trump: Your actions are unable to be blocked, redirected, randomized, copied, or have your target changed in any fashion.
(Auto) Jester: On lynch, you appear as a Jester with no abilities. During the next Day Phase, pick 1: Kill a player and reveal your role; Give a player a 1-shot Revive and revive; OR Give a player a 1-shot Inspect and learn the role of the target.
(Night) Tarot Reading [target]: Inspect the target's alignment.

Shakerag - [REDACTED]

[REDACTED]
(1-Shot) Unbelievable, Shakerag: You die. This ability literally kills you. Everyone is told that you killed yourself. You do not flip, but this action does.
[REDACTED]
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 09:38:56 pm by webadict »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 14 - Night 2: 30 Days Of Night
« Reply #259 on: June 26, 2015, 09:37:57 pm »

You open your eyes to a beautiful sunrise. Oh wait, that's the flaming wreckage of plane, which has yet to be put out despite the many attempts from no one. You'd think the miles high smoking plumage would have gotten notice from someone nearby, but then you've never really been negligently berating your first mate for pointing out extra work before, have you?

Somehow during the night, two of your fellow passengers have died. One of them was brutally murdered after the entire wreckage of the plane had crushed them to death. CPR on their splattered body could not bring back Teneb, in spite of him being only a single cigar on second inspection. The other was found inside of a possible meth lab. It's clearly evident by the number of beakers and glass equipment, since your only source of science education was Breaking Bad. He was probably killed by the broken lab gear shoved into various parts of his body, but you're not a doctor, stop acting like one.

Oh, and look, it's Shakerag again. This time, he managed to come back to life for a bit, write a mean-spirited message to the CEO of Webley Airlines, and then skewer all of his limbs. It probably wouldn't've been so bad, but he also spent a lot of time and blood drawing the phalluses that surround his body. Good job, Shakerag. You... You showed them?

Well, at least you're all revitalized after that long night. That will probably never, ever happen again.

flabort has been killed!

flabort was Wernher von Kerman (mafia-ally).

Teneb has been killed!

Teneb was a Cuban Cigar (town).

Shakerag has come back to life!

Shakerag has committed suicide again. Seriously, Shakerag?

Comrade Shamrock has replaced blackmagechill.

No-Vote Count
------------------------
4maskwolf -
Cheeetar -
Comrade Shamrock -
Deus Asmoth -
IronyOwl -
Lenglon -
Persus13 -
TheDarkStar -
Tiruin -
ToonyMan -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - Tiruin, Lenglon, Deus Asmoth, ToonyMan, Persus13, blackmagechill, Cheeetar, 4maskwolf, TheDarkStar, IronyOwl,

6 To Hammer. Day Ends Wednesday 6 PM Central.

It is now Day.

flabort - Wernher von Kerman
Ignore his genius, but you cannot ignore the greater... bad?

(1-Shot, Night) Achievement Unlocked! [target/self]: Reset all other 1-Shot abilities that the target or you have.
(1-Shot) Leave the Atmosphere: You are untargetable and unvoteable for the remainder of this Phase. All votes currently active are removed.
(1-Shot, Night) Paradigm Shift [target]: Change the target's alignment to Mafia-Ally.

Shakerag - [REDACTED]

[REDACTED]
(1-Shot) Unbelievable, Shakerag: You die. This ability literally kills you. Everyone is told that you killed yourself. You do not flip, but this action does.
[REDACTED]

Teneb - A Cuban Cigar
Smoking is such a bad habit, but at least it's not murder, right?

(Auto) Illegal: You inspect as Mafia or Third Party at random. Any player that inspects you has their inspect converted to a random inspect.
(Day) Flavor Favor [target]: Hand out a flavored cigar to the target, granting them an ability based on what they receive. You may choose what flavor they receive, and each flavor may only be used once.
(1-Shot) Smoke 'Em If You Got 'Em: Force all players to use their abilities they received from you during the next available Night Phase. This ability may be used up to one Cycle after you die.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 14 - Day 3: Oops, He Did It Again!
« Reply #260 on: June 26, 2015, 09:47:59 pm »

Do I get two bah posts?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 26, 2015, 09:48:28 pm »

Do I get two bah posts?
Only if this one counts as the second one.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 26, 2015, 09:54:22 pm »

@_@
Seriously?

...Err, will re-read and try to recall what I wrote in a notepad++ given my shift of location for net here. -.- It doesn't seem like we're facing a cult--maybe 4 man mafia team (I'm somehow under the vague impression of a converter for some reason? No concrete idea why though). 2 Mafia down.
...And somehow the lynch got redirected D1? You can do that? (That's a real power!?)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 14 - Night 2: 30 Days Of Night
« Reply #263 on: June 26, 2015, 09:56:30 pm »

Shakerag has come back to life!

Shakerag has committed suicide again. Seriously, Shakerag?
Also I somewhat feel like we're playing with one o' yer 'get to act when dead' roles but useless when alive -.- But that's me being biased from having seen such a role before, but forgot what game (...Urist Imiknorris was in it...). And the fact that you can self-suicide.
With either replicas of the one shot, or some kind of auto or whatever.

And I'm rambling and must tend to get my post back instead.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 26, 2015, 09:58:00 pm »

Bah, in my second game in a row.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 26, 2015, 10:11:56 pm »

Shakerag: Fudge off. :P

Everyone else: Hallo, I will be replacing in for Dorsidwarf today.  I really don't have much to say except... well, actually, congratulations everyone, that's two mafia and one mafia-ally down.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 26, 2015, 10:22:24 pm »

Hah!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 26, 2015, 10:39:17 pm »

Everyone else: Hallo, I will be replacing in for Dorsidwarf today.  I really don't have much to say except... well, actually, congratulations everyone, that's two mafia and one mafia-ally down.
I've a silly suspicion that Shakerag is the cause of it. Because its been 1 Maf, 1 town or such these past 2 nights o_o
But that's baseless speculation because I drank 1 cup of coffee and am trying not to write more. This is why I dislike coffee. x_x

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 26, 2015, 11:05:43 pm »

@_@
Seriously?

...Err, will re-read and try to recall what I wrote in a notepad++ given my shift of location for net here. -.- It doesn't seem like we're facing a cult--maybe 4 man mafia team (I'm somehow under the vague impression of a converter for some reason? No concrete idea why though). 2 Mafia down.
...And somehow the lynch got redirected D1? You can do that? (That's a real power!?)
I think Cheetar's daykill was actually a lynch redirect onto OSG. Seems like the only real explanation.

We know Flabort, Jack A T, and OSG were mafia. This means that Cheetar is likely not Mafia. Judging from NQT's role, his plan D1 seems to have been to get himself lynched in order to do use his ability, which is annoying because as a cop he would have been pretty useful to most people.

Unfortunately Flabort probably used Paradigm Shift on someone, so we still have a mafia ally and at least another mafia to deal with.

Thoughts on NQT's gambit from our resident gambit player?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 27, 2015, 12:22:38 am »

I guess we can assume Shakerag will be dying every night then.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 41