Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 399 400 [401] 402 403 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 831236 times)

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: It Just Works
« Reply #6000 on: May 05, 2016, 10:54:32 am »

Sounds like a good idea once I have the perks etc. to unlock it. So far I've only blown myself up once. I thought my sneak level had prevented mines from being set off anymore, but apparently I have to be sneaking for that to work...
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6001 on: May 05, 2016, 11:41:08 am »

I'm also having a good time in survival, although I am not playing iron man mode by any stretch of the imagination.  I also installed the mod that enables saving, because damn it, I don't want to go to bed until I'm tired!  So I just save when in sight of a bed, or in a safe area, or if real life interrupts.

I do wish the respawning was a little faster, or there were more wandering enemies, because I've really cleared out the outdoor areas around Diamond City and the surrounding locales, so it gets a little tedious walking between quest areas.  I suppose if it starts to annoy me enough I'll just get another mod to fix it and invent some house rules to make it not too silly.  Why can't we just have morrowind style fast travel for hire? Or ideally, fast travel where you can get interrupted and thrown into combat on the way.

My character is level 30, running around with the two shot combat rifle from
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
.  It's a bit powerful though...

I also have a nice decked out combat shotgun with a silencer, good for clearing interiors semi-stealthily.  Early on I realized that in survival mode, you want to always have a shotgun, because they help so much against the fast bugs and ghouls that kill you so fast early on.  Too bad shells are so heavy...

I'm actually considering taking strong back, which I've never done before, but carry weight is at a premium now.  It's not like I'm going to stop hoarding or something crazy...

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6002 on: May 05, 2016, 12:31:32 pm »

Yes to the shotgun. I've finally picked up a combat shotgun from a trap somewhere and it should be a big help. Trying to shoot some of those bugs with a 10mm can be tricky, and 308 rounds are better spent on people.

Nearly died just earlier to a bunch of those giant mosquitoes near the lake house. Sprinted away like hell while my poor dog got left behind.

Thankfully I've got a bunch of settlers now who I can "trade" with for their ammo. I have an improved settler mod which means they often come with a little bit of decent gear. Trading for ammo is really a challenge right now, as my starting build has such low charisma that I pay through the nose for everything. A bar of gold worth 450 sells for 80, which gets me a handful of bullets... ><
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6003 on: May 05, 2016, 01:26:39 pm »

Not gonna spoil anything.

But I will say

Did one play through with brotherhood of steel. One with the institute.

Never will I do institute again :P Back to BOS I go!

But probably gonna wait for all the DLC and mods to come out for FO4 before I play again. Already did two play throughs of vanilla, don't feel like doing a third. Didn't do ALL the stuff, but I did a lot.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #6004 on: May 05, 2016, 06:34:56 pm »

So, survival mode. Anyone else play it? I myself love the needing to eat and things, but.. Let's just say no auto save and now I'm hours back.

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6005 on: May 05, 2016, 10:02:16 pm »

That's got me a few times. Just be sure to sleep in beds regularly. It might help if you get the camping mod which allows you to craft sleeping bags, although it doesn't seem to work on my particular mod load out.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6006 on: May 05, 2016, 11:48:14 pm »

I would, but I've sworn to never play a Bethesda RPG without total save control.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #6007 on: May 06, 2016, 12:23:17 am »

I would, but I've sworn to never play a Bethesda RPG without total save control.

There's mods for that.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #6008 on: May 06, 2016, 06:11:51 am »

Far Harbor trailer is out.
That's one of those trailers that spoils everything.
Thanks for the heads-up.
I somehow knew avoiding that trailer would be wise.
I wish I could go back in time and not watch it. Also go back in time and avoid some of the spoilers for this game in this thread. I'm still extremely pissed off at MrWiggles for spoiling the entire game. Fuck you MrWiggles. Fuck you with a rake.

And don't give me any lip about how "oh it's so obvious" and "anyone could have seen it coming". Yeah, this may not be Game of Thrones but some of us still have expectations about the story. You fucking ruined the entire game and I hate you eternally.
XD
Beside me fucking up the hiding thing. I cant get behind how someone enjoyment is so fragile. Especially by something that the game doesnt even present to you directly.  All those hours running around, exploring, picking up scrap, shooting stuff, shooting more stuff, customizing the thing to go shoot stuff. Wait, can't. Not anymore, a optional side information thats hidden was revealed. Cant shoot and collect scrap anymore. The big thing, is the twist done with the kid itself, and how that relates to the story. The story elements with the campaigns, with Mr. Brotherhood of Steel. But no, so freakishly fragile that optional hidden information is so damaging. I dont get it. In my play through I didnt discover that information about shaun. Read it somewhere. Read the actual big twist though way before I got to the institute though. Still went on shooting, exploring, collecting stuff for a long while. Even watched most of the follower alternate dialogue sequences, before I met the follower. Its something thats truely lost on me.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6009 on: May 06, 2016, 08:45:50 am »

Yeah... I think umiman went a bit overboard.  Spoilers are unfortunate and all, but if you are so sensitive to spoilers, you probably should just avoid forums for that game, especially ones that nobody's moderating for accidental spoilers.

And it was clearly accidental, so I don't think any rake related abuse is warranted... I wouldn't take it personally wiggles...

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #6010 on: May 06, 2016, 08:46:16 am »

There's mods for that.
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11542/?
Here you go.

Makes it really funsies.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6011 on: May 06, 2016, 08:53:28 am »

So I started playing this again today, mainly just upgrading and equipping all my settlements, and then the game goes and gives me a brutal dilemma all of a sudden.
BUDDYYYYYYY! I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE YOU! :'(

I think this might be one questgiver I need to disappoint.     
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6012 on: May 06, 2016, 09:28:25 am »

Far Harbor trailer is out.
That's one of those trailers that spoils everything.
Thanks for the heads-up.
I somehow knew avoiding that trailer would be wise.
I wish I could go back in time and not watch it. Also go back in time and avoid some of the spoilers for this game in this thread. I'm still extremely pissed off at MrWiggles for spoiling the entire game. Fuck you MrWiggles. Fuck you with a rake.

And don't give me any lip about how "oh it's so obvious" and "anyone could have seen it coming". Yeah, this may not be Game of Thrones but some of us still have expectations about the story. You fucking ruined the entire game and I hate you eternally.
XD
Beside me fucking up the hiding thing. I cant get behind how someone enjoyment is so fragile. Especially by something that the game doesnt even present to you directly.  All those hours running around, exploring, picking up scrap, shooting stuff, shooting more stuff, customizing the thing to go shoot stuff. Wait, can't. Not anymore, a optional side information thats hidden was revealed. Cant shoot and collect scrap anymore. The big thing, is the twist done with the kid itself, and how that relates to the story. The story elements with the campaigns, with Mr. Brotherhood of Steel. But no, so freakishly fragile that optional hidden information is so damaging. I dont get it. In my play through I didnt discover that information about shaun. Read it somewhere. Read the actual big twist though way before I got to the institute though. Still went on shooting, exploring, collecting stuff for a long while. Even watched most of the follower alternate dialogue sequences, before I met the follower. Its something thats truely lost on me.
Maybe instead of trying to justify your mistake where you literally spoiled the main plot of the entire game, and where instead of trying to emphasize that some people actually liked the story, or where perhaps considering that someone was speaking with a hint of sarcasm / drama / literary zeal (something I understand a lot of humans have trouble with), you just go and fix your mistake and avoid doing that in the future?

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #6013 on: May 06, 2016, 09:32:27 am »

Or we could remember Toad 12:31 "Let us retain our chill composure" before this turns into one of those "hey where did the last three days of this thread disappear to" scenarios...
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6014 on: May 06, 2016, 09:33:28 am »

Quote from: umiman

Was the last bit totally necessary? You're on righteous ground. There's no need to bork it up by then being snide about it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 399 400 [401] 402 403 ... 462