Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 831015 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Casuels Killed The Video Game
« Reply #4485 on: December 06, 2015, 07:57:26 pm »

Is there ever any actual confirmation on whether all synths automatically know they are synths? I haven't gotten long into the main quest yet, but it's been one if the questions the game brought up in me so far.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Love, scriver~

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4486 on: December 06, 2015, 08:01:08 pm »

Not all know that they are.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4487 on: December 06, 2015, 08:24:22 pm »

Yeah, they don't. It seems the railroad tends to erase their memories sometimes. The one in FO3, for example.

Damn it, now I need to go about killing everyone with the console to find out who the synths are.

I wish this were true now.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4488 on: December 06, 2015, 08:38:17 pm »

The more I think about the main quest, the more I realize how disappointing it is.

There isn't any part of it that is even above "meh", the writing is just seriously uninspired.

The way the factions act too is just completely irrational.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4489 on: December 06, 2015, 08:55:04 pm »

My only big problem with the writing so far has been the backstory for the Minutemen.

Pretty much every mention of them makes it sound like they collapsed ages ago but it's only actually been a couple of weeks at most when you meet Preston, since they collapsed at the Quincy Massacre and that's where the survivors he's leading came from, but everyone still acts like they've been gone for years or something.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4490 on: December 06, 2015, 09:45:16 pm »

My only big problem with the writing so far has been the backstory for the Minutemen.

Pretty much every mention of them makes it sound like they collapsed ages ago but it's only actually been a couple of weeks at most when you meet Preston, since they collapsed at the Quincy Massacre and that's where the survivors he's leading came from, but everyone still acts like they've been gone for years or something.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4491 on: December 07, 2015, 02:50:30 am »

Yeah its pretty much stated that the Quincy Massacre was basically just something of a death knell to an already all but collapsed organization. I think its more "Preston's group was the last one acting like minutemen and Quincy stopped that" then "no minutemen left anywhere"
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4492 on: December 07, 2015, 03:54:51 am »

The raiders at Libertalia (the sunken ship city-thing) were originally Minutemen who resorted to raiding because they couldn't feed themselves by protecting people anymore. So yeah, Preston's group was probably the last actual functioning Minuteman group, but there was a cancer within the Minutemen long before that.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4493 on: December 07, 2015, 04:51:51 am »

The minutemen's collapse is a bit more realistic then most

In that you PROBABLY could think of a single moment that destroyed the minutemen... but in reality they just slowly decayed to the point where you couldn't create the exact moment the minute men were gone.

Heck the minutemen aren't even "gone" you can still find a few living minutemen out there (as is common in a world without direct forms of communication outside short range radio.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4494 on: December 07, 2015, 11:48:00 am »

Thing is that there were supposed to still be Minutemen groups right up till Quincy, they just didn't show up due to factions forming that disliked one another, those groups shouldn't have just vanished into thin air, they would just have been refusing to do their job.

It'd make more sense to me if there were regional groups of Minutemen that you had to reunite rather than just building things up from nothing again, partly because it wouldn't beg the question of where the Minutemen you call on get so many laser muskets from at short notice, and also partly because it would make the Minutemen collapse seem more sensible to me if the people who ran the Minutemen after the last general died up until the collapse were present in the game.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4495 on: December 07, 2015, 12:12:06 pm »

Well remember you get the entire story from Gravy's perspective.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4496 on: December 07, 2015, 12:25:11 pm »

Well remember you get the entire story from Gravy's perspective.

True I guess, he even mentions he doesn't know everything.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4497 on: December 07, 2015, 12:46:07 pm »

Not that I blame anyone for overlooking the "Unreliable narrator" aspect.

Since WAAAAAY too much fiction gives characters what amounts to psychic accuracy on everything they say.

Not that I think all fiction should have unreliable narrators... but they should probably stop having characters be freakishly specifically correct.

"He was going 100 miles per hour"

Me: "Now if you were a REAL person... that could mean it is going anywhere from 50-120... but since your a fictional character it means it is going exactly 100MPH with absolutely no deviation. In fact it won't even slow down on turns or lane changes."
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 02:03:39 pm by Neonivek »

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4498 on: December 07, 2015, 02:12:50 pm »

I like the laser muskets both as a concept and as a weapon (they make for excellent sniper rifles), but there is one travesty regarding them that bothers me immensely, to the point that I count it as one of my major points of discontent with the game.

Namely, the fact that one of them cannot sport a stylish bayonet.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4499 on: December 07, 2015, 02:14:29 pm »

Looking at its general design >_> I am not sure It really could effectively.

Can you give characters upgraded versions of their weapons and they won't need ammo for them? I would LOVE to upgrade Gravy's equipment so he can hit the broadside of a barn.
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 462