Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 830499 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Basically WH40K
« Reply #4380 on: December 02, 2015, 02:55:30 pm »

I really noticed it in Vault 111 when everything I clicked on was greeted with "are they all dead?" Again, I'm only a couple hours in, but I'm sick of hearing the guy's voice already. It's probably just me though.

He is kind of a total weenie I will admit.

Voiced companions are rather chatty and repetitive, though.

"Hey! Stop picking up trash! stop picking up trash! Do you need to pick up trash? Do we pick up trash now? Hey ! Stop picking up trash!"

Me: "SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP!!! I need it all! Can you sound like you exist in this universe for a dang second?"

Who honestly knew Bethesda were such HUGE fans of story vs. game segregation?

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4381 on: December 02, 2015, 03:25:49 pm »

we'll probably see literal 50-foot-tall mechas or something silly like that

Pilotable Liberty Prime confirmed.
yes
YES
YEAAHAHHHAES
I really noticed it in Vault 111 when everything I clicked on was greeted with "are they all dead?" Again, I'm only a couple hours in, but I'm sick of hearing the guy's voice already. It's probably just me though.

"Hey! Stop picking up trash! stop picking up trash! Do you need to pick up trash? Do we pick up trash now? Hey ! Stop picking up trash!"

Me: "SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP!!! I need it all! Can you sound like you exist in this universe for a dang second?"

can't tell if sarcastic or just being neo
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4382 on: December 02, 2015, 03:36:38 pm »

companions annoyed the hell out of me, for multiple reasons. one of the most important, the constant repitition of chatter. on the bright side: lone wanderer perk is pretty awsome.
ther is a mod that will reduce the range in with npc asume you want to talk to them and make them speak to you. very useful.
and, as there are some npc that just wont shut up: open console, click them, type tai . this will turn them into a statue untill you use that command again.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4383 on: December 02, 2015, 03:46:24 pm »

Speaking about the VA, the main character's makes me think our protagonist is kinda brain damaged. Or well, SPECIAL. Like he doesn't approach situations with the appropriate tone at all. When you ask about something like super mutants, he's just kinda mildly interested like he's asking about something unusual he heard during a sales pitch. Doesn't seem very fitting for soldier-man. He's like the most mild-mannered war veteran in existence.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4384 on: December 02, 2015, 03:50:45 pm »

Speaking about the VA, the main character's makes me think our protagonist is kinda brain damaged. Or well, SPECIAL. Like he doesn't approach situations with the appropriate tone at all. When you ask about something like super mutants, he's just kinda mildly interested like he's asking about something unusual he heard during a sales pitch. Doesn't seem very fitting for soldier-man. He's like the most mild-mannered war veteran in existence.
I always assumed the lady was the war veteran. She sounds so much more capable than manbutt does.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4385 on: December 02, 2015, 03:55:32 pm »

companions annoyed the hell out of me, for multiple reasons. one of the most important, the constant repitition of chatter. on the bright side: lone wanderer perk is pretty awsome.
ther is a mod that will reduce the range in with npc asume you want to talk to them and make them speak to you. very useful.
and, as there are some npc that just wont shut up: open console, click them, type tai . this will turn them into a statue untill you use that command again.

Dogmeat, voted best companion.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4386 on: December 02, 2015, 04:04:22 pm »

I always assumed the lady was the war veteran. She sounds so much more capable than manbutt does.
IIRC she was supposed to be a lawyer.

But fuck predetermined backstories attached to adult protagonists in a CYOA sort of game.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4387 on: December 02, 2015, 04:16:03 pm »

But fuck predetermined backstories attached to adult protagonists in a CYOA sort of game.
Let's split the difference: she serves in the Fallout version of the JAG Corps, running around in power armor dispensing military justice.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4388 on: December 02, 2015, 04:21:58 pm »

Let's split the difference: she serves in the Fallout version of the JAG Corps, running around in power armor dispensing military justice.
*Jumps out of a plane into a firefight to inform a soldier he's being sued for child support* *Chinese are too stunned to continue fighting*
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4389 on: December 02, 2015, 04:43:19 pm »

*Jumps out of a plane into a firefight to inform a soldier he's being sued for child support* *Chinese are too stunned to continue fighting*
It could have been worse, she could have been with the IRS.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4390 on: December 02, 2015, 04:44:23 pm »

So basically an inquisitor/commissar? :^)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4391 on: December 02, 2015, 04:49:59 pm »

can't tell if sarcastic or just being neo

I am serious, I am not sure why I'd be sarcastic about being pissed off at companions for mentioning every single time I picked up some junk

Which would be fine if this was New Vegas where junk was, for the most part, useless... But given that every single object (except a few) has a use... it is incredibly irritating because it is like they don't notice "Hey, I actually build stuff with those coffee cups"

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4392 on: December 02, 2015, 05:02:30 pm »

I meant the last line.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4393 on: December 02, 2015, 05:24:08 pm »

Well crap, I assumed my heroine was supposed to be a lawyer because she started with 7 CHA and INT.  That it was dynamic.

Good thing I don't plan on doing a low-INT run for a loooong time.  "Uh sure honey, you can... go back to law school..." *shakes head sadly*
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4394 on: December 02, 2015, 05:28:41 pm »

In my mind's story they met while they were both in the military. She became a lawyer later.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 462