Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 830944 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Bad Bugs and Gutbusting Glitches
« Reply #3300 on: November 13, 2015, 06:10:59 pm »

Wait, what? I could've sworn it was mentioned in an earlier game that they were extinct.
Yeah, there are a lot. I've found a shack in the wilderness (unmarked location) with a trader and over five cats (and paintings of cats too).

Got ninja'd
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: November 13, 2015, 06:25:29 pm »

Vault 81 has a side mission where you retrieve a cat for a little girl, too.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #3302 on: November 13, 2015, 07:01:55 pm »

From what I have seen they have not mutated. It's actually pretty suprising for Fallout, but eh, on the other hands dogs haven't mutated a lot too.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Geltor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: November 13, 2015, 07:09:17 pm »

i feel scammed by the amount of weapons and armor in the game, it was not what i had in mind. wasnt it mentioned at one point that every weapon could have hundreds of modifications? the armor layering isnt that much exciting either when your options are ragged out long johns or some such other crud

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #3304 on: November 13, 2015, 07:14:20 pm »

I love the early days of sandbox games when the wiki is almost completly empty and people share knowledge like they did in old times instead of looking up everything on internet.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: November 13, 2015, 07:21:25 pm »

i feel scammed by the amount of weapons and armor in the game, it was not what i had in mind. wasnt it mentioned at one point that every weapon could have hundreds of modifications? the armor layering isnt that much exciting either when your options are ragged out long johns or some such other crud
No, there are hundreds of total modifications available. That's what was said.
Black lives matter.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: November 13, 2015, 07:40:03 pm »

I'm sure the pitch was "hundreds of combinations", which is true.
That said, there is a disappointing lack of variety.
I can't wait for new-GECK, as modders will fix it as always.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: November 13, 2015, 07:50:32 pm »

I DO like the look of the weapons vastly more. None of this modern looking stuff, but stuff that looks like salvaged parts made into a gun.

But my friend said it feels like a prequel than a sequel, due to how much stuff feels not nearly as modern as in fallout 3 and especially fallout new vegas. He thinks fallout 4 is actually further back in time than new vegas.

but it makes far more sense the way my friend put it, that fallout 4 is a prequel and takes place further back than fallout 3 and nv do. Thats why there isn't as advanced guns, armor and technology. and even building up settlements its all kinda primitive stuff compared to fallout 3 and vegas.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: November 13, 2015, 07:54:03 pm »

The guns are primitive because they aren't scavenged, they're made. At least, the pipe kind are. And there's just not as much access to energy weapons and power armor because of how different it is between games. Power armor really isn't just a good set of armor any more, it's a tank you wear. Not sure about the lack of energy weapoms though...
And the settlements look different because one person with practically zero construction experience is making them, by hand.
Black lives matter.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: November 13, 2015, 07:56:39 pm »

A little PSA regarding getting liked by a certain companion:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

-snip-
It's certainly after both games, since a character that was a kid in FO3 (you can actually meet him there) is an adult in this game.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: November 13, 2015, 07:59:16 pm »

Fallout 4 takes place in 2287, ten years after the start of Fallout 3 and six years after the start of New Vegas.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: November 13, 2015, 08:01:29 pm »

I myself like the "hope" aspect of Fallout more. That's one of the reasons I liked New Vegas over 3 - I got to see civilization rebuilding, and hope for the future. Fallout 3 really just appeared very stagnant in that regard. Everything was kind of the same. Just about everything was salvaged, and new societies weren't really being made or improved. In New Vegas, you see the NCR, an actual republic with citizens and elected officials. You get to see the populace of the Mojave Desert and help them towards a better future.

So far Fallout 4 seems to be somewhere between the two. Not quite as much as New Vegas, but definitely better than Fallout 3.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: November 13, 2015, 08:02:09 pm »

To be fair, there's fewer weapons because instead of different kinds of a base weapon, such as laser pistol, laser rifle, scatter laser etc. they're all one weapon, just with various modifications to give the desired effects.
Pretty much. If you were to list the non-uniques, you'd end up with basically what various mods do in 4.

Also, the cryolator (I think I spelled it right?) is so much fun. You can see during your very first hours in the game, but I spoilered it anyway.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: November 13, 2015, 08:05:31 pm »

To be fair, there's fewer weapons because instead of different kinds of a base weapon, such as laser pistol, laser rifle, scatter laser etc. they're all one weapon, just with various modifications to give the desired effects.
Pretty much. If you were to list the non-uniques, you'd end up with basically what various mods do in 4.

Also, the cryolator (I think I spelled it right?) is so much fun. You can see during your very first hours in the game, but I spoilered it anyway.

You can get the cryolator really easily, very early on (don't open the spoiler if you don't want to see the bug/cheat/glitch that will probably be fixed)

My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: November 13, 2015, 08:07:33 pm »

And if you activate the case, you'll get a line, something like "I'll have to come back for this..."

I suspect the cats are a population that started with a vault, hence the lack of mutations and *cough* physical similarities they all share.

I also really like how they redid almost all of the weapons to make them fit the alt-reality tone a bit better instead of being clones of real-world weapons with the names filed off.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 462