Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 830964 times)

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Bad Bugs and Gutbusting Glitches
« Reply #3285 on: November 13, 2015, 03:36:14 pm »

I'm annoyed that kills by companions don't award XP unless you tag the target first.

On the other hand, so far (early on), kills don't reward very much and working on settlements rewards quite a bit.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: November 13, 2015, 04:38:47 pm »

Coldsworth cant actually die, he spouts british jokes some of which  I cant understand, he gives you free medicine, he distracts enemies, and he is overall pretty cheerful thing to travel with.

But does he count for the lone wander perk.

In other news, it looks like the "minimum system requirements" are really more of a suggestion than a requirement. If you dont mind occasional its of chugging you can play with an AMD Athlon 2 X3 455 processor and AMD Radeon HD 6670 graphics. Which is useful, since I dont have the $300 needed to upgrade that shit and microsnot may have a snit and require a new system key if I do.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3287 on: November 13, 2015, 05:06:52 pm »

Another headsup about settlement tiny details: Joining a faction (or just helping them?) unlocks their flag at the Wall Decorations, which is really neat.
I haven't joined the Brotherhood of Steel yet, but when you help them it already unlocks their flag. I believe you need to join the Minuteman in order to unlock theirs.

There's also a magazine (Picket Fence) that unlocks more furniture to be built.

And I first noticed some resource generation now. I had less than 5 steel, then after ~8 hours (I think it's a daily tick), I had 35.
For the amount of settlers and scavangers I have, it's pretty slow. But it's good to know something is actually getting gathered.

Oh, and I got a Legendary Sniper Rifle that deals ~15 energy damage (in addition to ballistic damage) and has a chance to turn enemies into green goo when they die.
I'm curious as to why a .50 cal rifle like that deals shitty damage in comparison to my other weapons, even though it clearly points to have higher damage..but maybe I'm exploring higher level areas.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 05:09:52 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: November 13, 2015, 05:08:37 pm »

Yeah, construction is really finicky. Things will be unplacable even if the models don't visually collide. Especially annoying with junk fences, which are pretty irregular.

Some constructions do sink into the terrain. That being... floors. ;_; you need a flat piece of land to plant fucking melons.

I hope the mods will be able to solve that.

Construction is still pretty fun, though. I enjoyed building a double gate in front of the bridge, with guard posts raised above the fences. I hope it actually does something.

E:
What do they gather? Screws, gears, ADHESIVE?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 05:10:45 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: November 13, 2015, 05:13:00 pm »

E:
What do they gather? Screws, gears, ADHESIVE?

Good question. The game just states they gather things "Necessary for construction."
I have a good amount of screws, gears and other stuff..but I don't know if my OCD did that, or if they actually gathered it.
Some !!science!! might be needed.

And don't forget you can make adhesive on the Cooking Station with Corn, Mutfruit and some other vegetable - it's pretty helpful!

EDIT: You probably know that, but I'll post as a PSA:
A good practice is to press T on the building screen, when you're lacking materials. It'll mark with a magnifying glass the junk items that can be scrapped into that material.
Once/if you get traders for your town, always talk to the general goods trader and buy anything that has copper and crystals in it.
Even though I go OCD and do this constantly, I still run out of those.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 05:16:20 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: November 13, 2015, 05:19:39 pm »

Copper, crystals, adhesive and cork are my sore points in terms of resources.

I didn't notice it previously (potentially because I didn't use it much) but now I see that resources you mark as needed are highlighted with that green wireframe once you get close enough, even for containers. It helps a little bit, as I can extend my travel times slightly instead of picking up everything, I pick up what I really need.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: November 13, 2015, 05:27:10 pm »

Yep, it's really useful.

Sorry for incessant posting, but whoever said Codsworth is cool and is easy to gain favor.. You guys were kidding, right?
That things hate me. I can't even kill a cat or steal a key and he says the most british judgemental sentences he can find in his database.
[Funny thing is, I've got almost to level 25 and just now I took him as a companion. So it's pretty spot-on, RP-wise, when he says "You're not the same man as before" to my character].

Oh, and I don't kill cats. I just wanted to see if they were the Skyrim Chickens of Fallout. They are.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: November 13, 2015, 05:29:00 pm »

All you have to do is craft stuff and he'll love you.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #3293 on: November 13, 2015, 05:31:32 pm »

Wait, there are CATS in there?
WHY I HAVEN'T BOUGHT THIS YET!?!
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: November 13, 2015, 05:35:38 pm »

Cats and BoS faction?
Okay fine I'll give this a try :P
I was going to anyway, I was just expressing sour grapes because I haven't had a chance yet.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: November 13, 2015, 05:43:35 pm »

Wait, what? I could've sworn it was mentioned in an earlier game that they were extinct.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3296 on: November 13, 2015, 05:46:03 pm »

I just love Codsworth and his British dapperness. It adds something to the game that I haven't found in any other companion, even in other Beth games.
Then again, I haven't been playing for very long.

BTW, is the second rank of the scrapper perk worthwhile? And can I scrap stuff while not at a workshop?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3297 on: November 13, 2015, 05:52:04 pm »

There are a few spread around, but it's rather rare. There's also a possibility they might have come from a Vault, if they really were supposed to be extinct - I have no evidence at all of this, but that's always a chance.
I also found kind of a minor easter egg. One of the many unmarked locations. For everyone, I'll just say on the north-western quadrant (near starting area).
If you don't mind:

Spoiler: Cat Lady (click to show/hide)

I just love Codsworth and his British dapperness. It adds something to the game that I haven't found in any other companion, even in other Beth games.
Then again, I haven't been playing for very long.

Ah don't get me wrong, I love him too. I have more emotional attachment to him and Dogmeat than any other character.
Given that I'm just exploring and building, one might say I don't give a damn about anything else than my dog and my robot.
It's just that, in Beth games, my standard procedure in a new area is to steal all the keys and investigate everyone's background. That way I know who are the psychos that are going to get their heads exploded beforehand.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: November 13, 2015, 05:57:16 pm »

Oh, thought I should make a clarification on something I said earlier.

I said that a metal chestpiece was the best armor I found, and I now need to clarify that this is apparently a Heavy Metal chestpiece. the regular version is crap. Note this isn't a modification, but a different base.

The one I have is level 2 of 6, with no misc mod and it has 39 damage resist and 27 or so energy resist. Its BASE STATS dwarf the fully upgraded stats of things like combat armor and synth armor.

And the weaponbot in Goodneighbor has a legendary version for sale :P (though it is for something like 20000 caps, so that's gonna be a MUCH later purchase.)
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3299 on: November 13, 2015, 06:09:58 pm »

I said that a metal chestpiece was the best armor I found, and I now need to clarify that this is apparently a Heavy Metal chestpiece. the regular version is crap. Note this isn't a modification, but a different base.

GIMME.
I have been having bad luck with armor since the beginning. Or maybe I've been lazy.
I did get a legendary left leg that grants 10% movement speed bonus, but it doesn't have near that defence rating.

I forgot to mention before, when talking about little details..did anyone notice the "Eyes" of the Mr Handies?
If you see one doing something, like tending to crops, try talking to him. It seems his front eye will keep focused on doing the work, and the other two will look at you.
I find that really fucking cool and rather cute. I'm not sure if it's intended either, but it's nice.

Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 462