Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 831011 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Bad Bugs and Gutbusting Glitches
« Reply #3270 on: November 13, 2015, 11:47:13 am »

Nighty has the best AC, obviously.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: November 13, 2015, 11:59:48 am »

is it just me or is codsworth really op in earlygame?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: November 13, 2015, 12:05:12 pm »

I hate the dialogue system so much. If you move very much at all you break the conversation. So if someone starts talking to you and you move you lose the option to talk to them sometimes. It blows.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: November 13, 2015, 12:08:18 pm »

is it just me or is codsworth really op in earlygame?

His saw does seem quite powerful in the early game, but the flamethrower on the other hand is only really good for the light show.

He's also pretty easy to please, and his loyalty perk is decent (and looks like you keep it even if he's not your current companion).

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: November 13, 2015, 01:07:34 pm »

Coldsworth cant actually die, he spouts british jokes some of which  I cant understand, he gives you free medicine, he distracts enemies, and he is overall pretty cheerful thing to travel with.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3275 on: November 13, 2015, 01:09:00 pm »

The settlement bugs are really sad. When you go too far from some settlements, their water production level goes to 0. If you take too long to come back / don't notice it, happiness might go from 80 to 40 just due to that.
Then again, I have no idea what happiness does. I read somewhere that there's a help menu in the game that tells you about it, so I'll see if that's true.

And did anyone notice any real difference in assigning people to Scavanging Stations? Since I constantly dump all of the clutter of the wasteland on my worktables, I have no idea.

Also, about ayy lmaos:

Spoiler: Ayyy (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Oh, and another small praise for details. I'm not sure how many there are, but if you don't piss off caravan traders..they might visit you.
Which means you have more stores to nag copper and caps from.  :P
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 01:18:24 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: November 13, 2015, 01:10:50 pm »

Went into a church full of super mutants. On the altar? A magazine that gives a damage bonus vs super mutants. Well done, Bethesda.

I also love the super mutant taunts. "You humans made us! Now suffer for your arrogance!"
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: November 13, 2015, 01:24:30 pm »

The settlement bugs are really sad. When you go too far from some settlements, their water production level goes to 0. If you take too long to come back / don't notice it, happiness might go from 80 to 40 just due to that.
Then again, I have no idea what happiness does. I read somewhere that there's a help menu in the game that tells you about it, so I'll see if that's true.
There are so many bugs with settlements it's absurd.

Happiness will go down for no reason. The bug with beds and settlers not knowing how to assign themselves to them properly. Water disappearing. Power disappearing. Even settler numbers changing.

Also, I'm pretty certain it was intended for food and water to be shared across linked settlements due to what the help dialogues say as well as how settlements that are linked without enough food or water don't go in the red. However, your settlers don't seem to give a shit about that.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: November 13, 2015, 01:36:00 pm »

Yeah it can get rather annoying. I really hope they fix that, because I'm kinda enjoying building them (in a very half-assed manner because I'm always running out of resources  :P).
I didn't run into the bed assignment bug though. And I *think* if your settler numbers change by 1, it *might* be Providers. I don't understand how/when/why, but sometimes Sanctuary Hills go from 16 to 17 people, and one of the links get a settler or lose one. If you have no provider and that still happens, then that's weird.

I still don't know how to reproduce the water bug (haven't got the power one because I'm not yet building a lot of power generators, just enough for a Beacon and a few things), but going back to the settlement keeps it right for a good while. They really need to look into that though, because happiness takes long to get back up.

As a heads up:
- Happiness give bonuses to production of scavanging stations and idle settlers (which scavange by default).
- I wasn't understanding why people would hang around near my "market" at night. Turns out they hang out by the bar (Food and Drink Store).
- Profit from stores feel really crappy to me. I'm still changing from Tier 2 to Tier 3 though.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: November 13, 2015, 01:37:00 pm »

Settlements are pretty shit all around. I can't see myself doing anything apart from my storage/crafting station and the companion dumping ground at Sanctuary until I've got every other perk I want and decide to build shops for high-end goods.

Wasteland Defense did the raids better years ago. Half the time when you get a raid notice it's physically impossible to get there in time. The building parts have stupidly large hitboxes and don't phase into the ground, so any uneven terrain means everything looks stupid. You can only build in the predetermined locations, which are almost universally boring. I just want to build a hideous monstrosity on the rooftops in Boston, but that's too much to ask, apparently.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3280 on: November 13, 2015, 01:43:21 pm »

On settlement topic, there needs to be some sort of mod introducing G.E.C.K, so you can build not junk, but shiny future buildings.

Also I pretty like bethesda humour

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3281 on: November 13, 2015, 02:01:37 pm »

Huh....I think I found something in the help screen that might have some of us facepalming.
You can hold E on Construction Mode to move a building (the ones you built, of course) and everything that's attached to it.
[Hold for a second and release, instead of moving the targeted object, you'll move everything at once.]
I just moved a part of my hand-made bar because it was "crooked".
You can also hold E and use the mousewheel to move objects vertically.

This doesn't make it any less worse when it comes to building walls and fences, but wow this just made building a house by hand doable.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 02:03:12 pm by Gabeux »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3282 on: November 13, 2015, 02:02:03 pm »

Oh, almost forgot to give Beth props for the best decision they've made for this.

We FINALLY get to go over 10 in SPECIAL stuff. This has needed to happen for SOOOOO long.
No longer does power armor do nothing for you because you happen to already be really strong, and thank fuck for that.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: November 13, 2015, 02:12:23 pm »

Has anyone else run into the bug where you permanently lose 5lbs of carry weight after the radstag buff wears off? Any idea how to fix it?

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3284 on: November 13, 2015, 03:27:50 pm »

Hmm i havent seen that yet the perm debuff on carry. So i was about to take a hike to go help a settlement under attack while i was at the abernathy farm and then something falls from the sky like really fast. A big WTF was that! came into mind and started running after it like crazy only to find a UFO then the alien gun. But the impact the UFO did when falling from the sky really had me immersed and all.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 462