Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 829921 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: To Queue or Not To Queue
« Reply #1140 on: July 08, 2015, 09:15:02 am »

You sure about that? I could have sworn they treat -everyone- as an outsider, and welcome altmer just as quickly as nords.
Checking now, there's one line of dialogue that changes depending on your race.
Hey, NQT, don't use that wiki, use this one instead (much more complete).
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1141 on: July 08, 2015, 10:50:50 am »

What exactly do you mean by individual pieces?
I mean being able to customize the different pieces, not just which pieces you're wearing.
We've had that capability (mixing & matching) since NV- just not officially.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: July 08, 2015, 11:02:17 am »

Where is it? I only see the one in Helgen when you first choose your race.
Huh, I coulda sworn... I guess you're right! That's rubbish.

Eh, well, so long as we're letting the player be a mary-sue with the leveling system beth put in place, (which I'm not necessarily opposed to), there's little reason to cordon off the factions that are in the game.
Could an arch-mage kick ass with the companions?
Similarly, could an assassin or non-pacifist thief be useful or even relied upon?
Is there some doctrine that a fire-breathing barbarian can't be allowed to study in the mages circle, so long as they minimize the barbarianism while on the premises?
I don't mind multi-faction entry at the lower ranks, but I think it's more interesting when higher-level quests are mutually exclusive. It's more interesting when factions have competing goals with one another.

Or to put it in a more Fallout perspective: I don't think the NCR should make you a general in their army if they think you've been too pally with the Mutant Brotherhood.

Cheers boss.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 11:05:20 am by notquitethere »

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: July 08, 2015, 11:40:39 am »

The leveling argument is kind of a red herring on this topic anyway because ES games utilize a different levelling system than Fallout games.

Yes, it seems like skills will be incorporated into perks which I think is a good thing because most skill-based checks in fallout games tended to happen in increments anyway.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: July 08, 2015, 11:46:16 am »

I didn't really like how skill checks were exact. Like, 39 Medicine and not 40? Whoops, you fail the check.
Black lives matter.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1145 on: July 08, 2015, 11:49:17 am »

I didn't really like how skill checks were exact. Like, 39 Medicine and not 40? Whoops, you fail the check.
Oh sorry, you only have 24 speech? Sorry you can't even attempt that dialog.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: July 08, 2015, 11:50:28 am »

SPEECH ALL DAY EVERY DAY
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: July 08, 2015, 11:53:37 am »

That was actually a NV only thing. Fallout 3 and previous Fallout games had it percentage-based. If you were below the threshold you had a chance of succeeding.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: July 08, 2015, 12:10:04 pm »

Yeah but in Fallout 3 you're in the Capital Wasteland, and Capitalism is evil, so I can't play Fallout 3.
(:P)
Black lives matter.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: July 08, 2015, 12:12:22 pm »

That was actually a NV only thing. Fallout 3 and previous Fallout games had it percentage-based. If you were below the threshold you had a chance of succeeding.
It was also really annoying when you pumped up speech and still failed anyway. It kinda encouraged save scumming for the best results.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1150 on: July 08, 2015, 12:15:43 pm »

It was also really annoying when you pumped up speech and still failed anyway. It kinda encouraged save scumming for the best results.
Or locking out computers.

or jamming locks closed.

So frustrating. I have a goddamn plasma rifle and 3700 metric tons of explosive ordnance why is this wooden door a barrier to my progress?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: July 08, 2015, 12:17:40 pm »

Spoiler: But there was not. (click to show/hide)
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: July 08, 2015, 12:21:32 pm »

Oh sorry, you only have 24 speech? Sorry you can't even attempt that dialog.
I didn't mind it. It meant you had more of an incentive to take performance enhancing drugs, which I've always felt was a core part of the Fallout experience.

Unexplodable barriers are inexcusable though.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: July 08, 2015, 01:38:17 pm »

You sure about that? I could have sworn they treat -everyone- as an outsider, and welcome altmer just as quickly as nords.
Checking now, there's one line of dialogue that changes depending on your race.

also not founded entirely for profit purposes despite the utter redundancy of it

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: July 09, 2015, 03:39:25 pm »

I've been thinking about the enclave for awhile and I'm wondering if there idea with project purity if they pulled it off would actually work. i guess it would depend on how the hell the think tells if somethings mutated enough. seeing as things mutate all the time without really making a difference how does it tell? i mean if they could get it to kill all the horrible mutants around the wasteland that would obviously be great. things like the tunnelers are apparently a huge threat that could cause vary big problems. if you had to sacrifice the still sane ghouls and super mutants i would think that a fair trade as it would definitely save sooo many people. of course if it could also completely destroy the livestock herds and possibly the plants if there affected by it which is probably unlikely to be the case. if there is a vault somewhere with unmutated domestic animals it would solve that problem. it sounds like a likely scenario for at least one to have some animals and plants in it. and the enclave probably know exactly where every vault is and its content. of course they said it would kill most people that had been exposed to the wasteland radiation didn't they but how long doses that have to be for? generations? or just a certain level of radiation?
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 462