Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 830239 times)

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: To Queue or Not To Queue
« Reply #990 on: July 01, 2015, 04:27:28 am »

I think Wasteland 2 is okay, but it is not great by any length. Basically the UI is clunky and the content is mostly repetitive combat. In a way it is loyal sequel to Wasteland since... that is what Wasteland was. It just isn't a good game by modern standards.

Of course, in my opinion Fallout 3 was shit because of bad writing, while Fallout NV was excellent. So if your opinion on these varies a lot, then maybe you'd think different about Wasteland 2 as well.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: July 01, 2015, 04:39:35 am »

New Vegas is a better game overall, and in most respects a better Fallout successor. But Wasteland 2 is a better party-based tactical roleplaying game and the followers have about a hundred times more dialogue (because they can use text), so I guess it depends on the kind of experience you want. I'm hoping the new Torment game will be as rich as its predecessor but I'm prepared for a bit of a let down.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: July 01, 2015, 04:47:07 am »

I think Torment is the best CRPG out there, if not the best game. Tall order I know, but it is one of the very few games that actually had an emotional effect on me. Actually, one of the very few items of fiction of any kind, I'm a cold bastard. Those are some huge boots to fill. Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #993 on: July 01, 2015, 06:56:41 am »

If you're hoping for a game in the spirit of Fallout 1 & 2... just play Wasteland 2 already.
Telling people to play Wasteland 2 is borderline criminal. If you're hoping for a game in the spirit of Wasteland, go play Fallout 1 & 2, because Wasteland 2 is a shallow, uninteresting pile of rubbish. It's not Interplay back from the grave, just a shitty zombie wearing its skin. Hell, if you want a game in the spirit of FO or FO2, play New Vegas, because that was closer than the pile of mediocrity Fargo & co. are charging $40 for.
I couldn't agree more. I tried to like it, I really did, but it's just awful.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: July 01, 2015, 07:55:19 am »

ah, comeon. The Lewis gun was used up into the 50s.

:v well, the problem isn't how dated the weapon is, its more that its really not an assault rifle :P

Its pretty common for rather old firearms to stay in service for many years after their creation anyway, with just a few improvements over the decades. A good example of this is the Browning Automatic Rifle, created in 1918 and being used by US troops till the mid 70s, being used in WW1, WW2 and Vietnam.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: July 01, 2015, 11:11:43 am »

...the GECK is built-in modding support and Fallout 4 runs on Creation Engine, so obviously that's going to be about the same.

I knew that(at least for FO3 and NV :P), I just assumed Bethesda was going to be making a new thing so that both console and PC users can dick about with it.

Apologies.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: July 02, 2015, 01:31:23 am »

As far as I can tell the way it's going to work is that all the development will be on the PC end, and Beth may occasionally port mods over to the console side (probably to sell.)
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: July 02, 2015, 01:47:30 am »

I thought they said there were "no plans" for the monetization of FO4 mods?

Also, kotaku article about how mods will work on consoles.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 02:03:26 am by Krevsin »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: July 02, 2015, 01:56:23 am »

Did you not read the article you linked? "No plans" is doubletalk for "we're keeping that in our hand until the time is right."

Besides, everyone knows that console plebs aren't real people and will fork out the dough for anything Bethesda pours into their trough.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: July 02, 2015, 02:01:22 am »

Did you not read the article you linked? "No plans" is doubletalk for "we're keeping that in our hand until the time is right."
Oh, I did read the article, I just thought it was funny is all :P

Maybe I should've put it into mockquotes.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 02:03:14 am by Krevsin »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: July 02, 2015, 02:03:57 am »

Hehe, they grabbed that baking tray with bare hands, now they're waving their sibling-companies forward saying, "Oh, yeah, it's not hot at all!"  :P

3. Run Resize Enable

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: July 02, 2015, 02:05:31 am »

The more they milk Console users, the more money they have to make PC games. :P

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: July 02, 2015, 02:08:08 am »

I especially like the part when he says that porting mods from PC to the consoles should be relatively easy. Well, of course it will be, current console gen is basically underpowered gaming PCs.  :P

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: July 02, 2015, 02:11:10 am »

I especially like the part when he says that porting mods from PC to the consoles should be relatively easy. Well, of course it will be, current console gen is basically underpowered gaming PCs.  :P

...with deficient interfaces.

I hope they expand the number of possible item hotkets in this installment. Unlike a gaming controller, my computer has no shortage of buttons
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: July 02, 2015, 03:42:34 am »

...with deficient interfaces.

I hope they expand the number of possible item hotkets in this installment. Unlike a gaming controller, my computer has no shortage of buttons
Make your entire numpad bound to different sorts of healing and buffing items. When something goes wrong, slam your fist down on the panic button.Note: Not responsible for damages incurred by punching your keyboard.

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 462