Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: The Ebon Pact [Intro: Entrenched]  (Read 17898 times)

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
  • I have awoken from my long slumber....
    • View Profile
Re: The Ebon Pact [Intro: That's Cold]
« Reply #180 on: June 13, 2015, 07:50:35 am »

Before the generals leave.
"What defenses does the city of Miraga have? I also need to know the terrain that surrounds the city, as well as the numbers of our military and who is in charge of the scouts?" he now address them in his cold tone of voice rather than dark whispers.
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: The Ebon Pact [Intro: That's Cold]
« Reply #181 on: June 13, 2015, 11:02:15 am »

Intro: Entrenched

The owed favours quickly expended, the two heads happily return to sleep, leaving only me and my two companions to muddle through our wretched quota.

I address Kira, disdain clearly evident, "I see. You may go now."

Meanwhile another head is speaking to Jaha and then Luku, "Very well. We may have things to discuss with you at a later date, but that is all for now, thank you. Luku, I also believe that I do not have anything to talk about with you currently, thank you for your time."

I listen to Melk's summary with interest. Certainly informative, but still I cannot help but slightly click my tongue in mild annoyance. "Can you roughly estimate how the strength of each of the different forces compares with what we have available? And how large each army roughly is? How are they equipped in terms siege weaponry? Perhaps the pixies-"

I cut off mid-sentence, fatigue finally overtaking me as I slip into the comforting embrace of sleep, my quota fulfilled or close enough. Another head wakes up and resumes the sentence near seamlessly,

"-possess some up-scaled magic tubes?

Do you know any further details on the canceled deals and the like with the Orgy?"

"Briel, can you expand on that? How were the gods summoned, and how could we theoretically remove their physical presence from the city once they are no longer needed?"

I stare at Sordo and Oris somewhat doubtfully. Perhaps talking to both of them together was a mistake. I would try to get more out of them later.
Melk shrugs.

"We're outclassed in open battle, but the walls are solid and they can only come at us through the corridors. You know, between where the gods are. Who knows what the numbers are, though; Generals lie and the enemy might be bluffing or have reserves. As for siege weaponry... pips don't have any interest in assaulting the walls, and the slugs are just animals. Slags have those war golems, and they're slippery, so if they wanted in they'd probably get it. Orgy's real organized, so no doubt they've got whatever they need or can send for it."

He shrugs again when you ask about the canceled deals.

"You know how it is. Why pay for something when you can take it? Add in different factions saying different things, and soon you can't do business any more. Beyond that, lotsa banditry and raids, especially later on when we just didn't have the cash."

"It was a grand sacrificial ritual using a combination of priestly authority and binding ritual. They cannot be removed once called."

Phor frowns, and motions to General Sordo, as it seems that the hydra seems to focus on Melk and Briel. "Did I understand that right? Those 'slags' are being bribed repeatedly, rather than once? If they truly don't want a fight, why is there a need for repeated bribes to keep them out of the fight anyway? They sound like a drain of our resources, which get funnelled right back to the enemies. How long has that gone on?"

And the people apparently have demonized their enemies so much, it seems many are believing their own propaganda. That works well for the simple troops, but in generals that is just stupid.
"Why don't you ask Nock! That wretched fool should have wiped them out long ago, but insists on sucking this city dry instead."

Sammacle looks to the side, rolling his eyes at Maelocht's continued efforts at obtaining the Empress for himself, and keeping an eager ear out for the people talking to Markosl. For a short while he just half-listens to what these people are telling him, though still seems to be picking them periodically.

"Don't hog the Empress, tattoo man! And don't go anywhere, either!" he calls out from afar toward the very image of friendliness visible in the distance.

He then looks back at the assembly.

Resume listening to what these people are telling me as per the procedure.
"Everything in the city has several different nobles fighting over it. Even when we can get something done, it tends to get snapped up by some greedy fool or another!"

"The city's food is controlled by the Houses of Kirup, Nal, and Saksish, The Ministry of Agriculture and Labor, The Ministry of Health and Morale, The Ministry of Military Affairs, The Office of Ration, The Office of Hunger, The Office of Famine, The Office of War, Lando Krakarish, Oldo the Blue, Nork, the Patsari Gang, the Gaul Detachment, The Heron, and Malski Overon."

"The city has plenty of water from wells and cisterns deep underground. There's a whole second layer to the city down there."

Search the crowd for any priests. Question them on their gods thoroughly, especially as to their origins. If none are found, speak to the same  noble I grabbed and ask her this:

"Tell me, what was the economy of the city before the siege began. Also explain to me truthfully, how do the poor of the city fare? I will know your lies should they be spoken child; answer wisely."
"N... not great... we kept running out, and things didn't work so well... uh... the poor are... angry and hungry, mostly... some get bribed by the government, a lot of the rest are resentful traitors, we've had all kinds of terrorism and riots...

...oh, and, uh, some of them get hauled off as bribes for the Slags, pips, or slugs..."

Before the generals leave.
"What defenses does the city of Miraga have? I also need to know the terrain that surrounds the city, as well as the numbers of our military and who is in charge of the scouts?" he now address them in his cold tone of voice rather than dark whispers.
"Our walls are impenetrable, and our enemies can't even siege much of them due to the presence of our gods. The terrain outside the city is mostly rolling jungle. General Nock, gods take him for a fool, holds the west against the Slags. He has three legions. That idiot Crane pretends to hold the north against the pips, and I'll be a cold corpse in the ground before I refer to the twit as a general. I'd be dubious to suggest he has any soldiers, much less any proper legions. Our esteemed General Vail holds the east, and commands no less than six of the finest legions this city has to offer. General Tule holds the south against the Coalition, with a mere nine legions.

We have no scouts, as we're hemmed in. Nothing gets through the walls unless it's to run the pips' sick gauntlet."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: The Ebon Pact [Intro: Entrenched]
« Reply #182 on: June 14, 2015, 08:06:04 am »

"Yes, why don't I? Maybe there's a reason? He is definitely on the list to be asked questions, do not worry about that. In the meantime, much of what I've heard about your enemies sounds like the sort of propaganda that you should be telling your soldiers rather than your kings. Surely the generals of Miraga know better than to believe their own propaganda."
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 14, 2015, 08:08:02 am »

((I'm kind of floundering. I don't really have any more questions currently, so what do we do now? Kind of wanting to transition into the month turns but not sure how initiate that. Do we need to set up a ruling system first?))

"Most satisfactory, Melk, Briel, I will most probably speak with you both more later on."

Seeing that none of the other kings particularly care to block the exits, I try to quietly abandon that idea. I leave behind the generals and head to the six summoners that well, summoned us, assuming they're still there. I try to question them, to discover if they were involved in the summoning of the gods as well.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 09:16:50 am by Demonic Spoon »

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 14, 2015, 06:26:18 pm »

(checks thread for the first time after everyone was chosen)

well then......that escalated quickly
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 15, 2015, 07:46:16 am »

Maelocht ignored his fellow King's words save for a polite nod. He kept the Empress as close to himself as before.

'You are very gracious, Empress,' Maelocht said, his eyes drifting to the 'advisors' and the rest of her retinue. He pressed down on the back of the would-be empress-thief. 'Now, could you enlighten us on these serpents? Who are these wretches who have been whispering in your ear for too long? Perhaps we should begin with this fool who attempted to steal you away from us.'

He looked the panicked retinue over with open disdain. 'I suppose you may introduce yourselves as well, mortals,' Maelocht said, 'now that we have established how we will proceed.'
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 15, 2015, 09:08:36 am »

"Pause for a moment! Clarification required!" Sammacle says, picking out a random person with a hand raised. "What are these Offices of Ration, Hunger, Famine and War? Actual institutions or amusingly named gangs?"

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
  • I have awoken from my long slumber....
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 16, 2015, 06:53:39 pm »

"Our walls are impenetrable, and our enemies can't even siege much of them due to the presence of our gods. The terrain outside the city is mostly rolling jungle. General Nock, gods take him for a fool, holds the west against the Slags. He has three legions. That idiot Crane pretends to hold the north against the pips, and I'll be a cold corpse in the ground before I refer to the twit as a general. I'd be dubious to suggest he has any soldiers, much less any proper legions. Our esteemed General Vail holds the east, and commands no less than six of the finest legions this city has to offer. General Tule holds the south against the Coalition, with a mere nine legions.

We have no scouts, as we're hemmed in. Nothing gets through the walls unless it's to run the pips' sick gauntlet."

"Then do you have spies or agents that have been gather information and sending through hidden means of messaging. And what is the Pips' gauntlet but I demand this information, if you cannot provide me with it, direct me to the one who can answer my questions." his dark whispers continue to haunt the ears of the one whom answered his questions.

(checks thread for the first time after everyone was chosen)

well then......that escalated quickly
Well we are Demon Kings...
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]