Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 188861 times)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (21/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 8: Cast Down
« Reply #855 on: June 08, 2015, 09:24:30 pm »

Watch the Dwarves closely, look for the most apt at architectur. Appear in front of him, and say: "Mortal, I can teach you to build the most advanced structures, by giving you key principles of static mechanics. If you are interested to learn these things, then you must promise to focus your aptness on the fields of building towers." GRant him the knowledge if he happens to agree.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (21/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 8: Cast Down
« Reply #856 on: June 09, 2015, 10:15:30 pm »

Tick 9: Assault

Iliseth has attacked Utther! She appeared before him in the middle of the desert. A 105mm tank cannon appears in her right hand, pointing directly at the frail old man. A single shell bursts from the weapon, catching the sealed God in his torso. He-and an area about the size of a lake around him-is destroyed instantly by the blast! A presence seems to be chained to the area, it seems Utther's Crux is unharmed, though his mortal body will have to take until tick 10 to reform. (Iliseth -11P)

Teburshe plants a new Great Tree, while continuing to play with the weather in the area. The new pilgrims say the tree is growing along nicely. (Teburshe -3P)

Sapling Scholar: It says I should ask it what to ask, of course! It has said the same thing the last three times I have used it. I think I am getting quite Wise.

Teburshe and Izgamlo make the Mana (from heaven?) trees, transforming the Great Desert Tree to temporary sew the seeds through the Oasis and beyond. They grow quickly despite the climate, and the local Saplings have taken notice. (Teburshe -2E)(Izgamlo-1E)

Alicia Prayers:
Human Minstrel: I heard there was a sacred cord that you could play to please the lord, but you don't really care for music, do you?
Sapling Singer: Is it true that singing to plants helps them grow faster?
Young Human: This is my last chance...if I don't get any food from this performance, I will have to sell my instruments. Help Alicia, please!

The Ritual is blessed! It seems to be an attempt at a healing spell. (Izgamlo -1P)

Several new flavors of nectar are introduced to the moon! The Ant Eater seems pleased, and begins saying grace before sampling any he can get his hands on. New flavors include sweet, sour, sweet & sour, and more! (Izgamlo -1E)

The Ants domesticate the miniwolves! They are now used as popular pets, beasts of burden, protectors, and sometimes mounts. (Izgamlo -1E)

Maag Merchant: I will try, but they guard that technology closest of all. I do not think we have anything that we could hope to match it with.
Saag Soldier: You told us he has paid. Why destroy his animals?
Disgruntled Ant: Very well, I will take your advice. But we are not a scientifically minded people. We cannot do this without a blessing!
Maag/Wolf: As you wish, these tests could take a while.
Maag Gravedigger: That sounds interesting and useful! I will get started on the designs right away!

Lithus/Luthus Prayers:
Worried Maag: I heard an explosion in the desert! Is everything OK?
Hearth Spirit:  How can I help progress, without leaving my Hearth?
Worried Dwarf: Why are all the races stockpiling weaponry? Is something happening!?

Lithus/Luthus only sees a crater. It seems that the attack had actually happened last tick!

Uztot Prayers:
Human Hunter: BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD MEAT FOR MY HEARTH SKILLET!
Ant Nurse: Ah, these Larva are growing up nicely! I just wish there was something more I could do for the little darlings...
Dwarf Toaster: To Family! To Friends! To the Gods we drink! Uztot, bless this meal!

The Writhes ask questions insistently about magic, thousands at a time. Izgamlo answers as perfectly as he can, helping them increase their understanding significantly.

Another ring is formed! A ring of knowledge, no doubt considered a great boon by those who value it. He then attempts to find the wisest, most knowledgeable, and intelligent mortal, who happens to be Utther at this time! Next, of course, he moves on to a true mortal. It seems that the next best choice for the ring is the immortal Dwarf Engineer Sankis, who accepts the ring eagerly before returning to his work. (Patronius -4E)

The Human is granted increased lifespan and skills. He thanks Patronius, and goes forth to make himself a well-known leader, uniting several small tribes into a more powerful one. Legends of his other exploits begin popping up ammong his people, and nearby countries. (Patronius -2E)

((Sorry about not really having the information availible. These things just end up taking a few hours more then I plan, then I have to skip the income calc to save time. Sorry for the inconvenience! You already overpaid.)

The Alpha ant seems to come under some kind of attack! The room he was in-containing the RingBearer and other Alphas- explodes. The rest of the Alpas where killed in the attack, but as chance would have it, he had just begun leaving the room for reasons unknown to him. He turns back to the rubble-something calling to him. Still wearing the ring, the ringbearer lies dead, the main target of the explosion. The Last Alpha grabs the ring, putting it on as he claims the world for himself. (Patronius -1P)

Skolld Prayers:
Boneless Ant: Our exoskeletons aren't really bones, are they? I want some bones on the inside, like the miniwolves have!
Maag Jailer: I heard a God was Bound recently! How should I bind him if I need to protect my community?
Dwarf Craftsman: Ah, bone is such a wonderful material! I wish I had an unlimited supply of it!

Gai-gen creates something secret! (-3E)

Gai-gen prayers:
Dwarf Weapon-smith: I am trying to think of a way to weaponize Architecture. Any advice Gai-gen?
Maag Architect: Sandstone is good and all, but I wish we had something else to build with...
Sapling Engineer: How can I use my craft to help my Great Tree?

Sad Ant: Then....I am a bit happier...
Young Sapling: That isn't what I meant silly! I meant when the souls-body dies!
Human Man: Thanks Moi'aaty! This is amazing! (Moi'aaty-1E)
Maag Gravedigger: I will go along with both your suggestion and the Gods of Progress. They are both interesting to me!

The Dreamborn already seems to have a physical body.
Maag Astronomer: I see, I see! Thanks Stellarion! (-0)
Dwarf (not)Hoarder: Wow, that was an amazing help! I will spread these ideas to the other races-everyone must know of them!

Iliseth inspires two different humans to make simple new inventions-a fishing boat and cloth-armor linothorax. They seem to spread around the Humans and, quickly, to the other races. Boats seem particularly popular, with different variations being created by every race. (Iliseth -2P)

The Saplings develop the boats further, making river-focused canoes and learning how to use them properly. They attempt to shape them from living trees, but are having great difficulty with the task. Much more study would have to be put to this to make it practical...

Growth magic is created! It is given to the Saplings of the desert, who proceed to use it to form boats from still living trees. They begin cultivating the plants necessary for the magic, often attempting to use the magic to do it. (Teburshe -3E)

An apt Dwarf Architect is given the ability to make grand towers, if he promises to focus on towers. Naturally, he agrees. He starts building a stone tower a good distance outside of town, making an absolutely massive base to start with. Soon more and more workers join, making it a larger project as it becomes more and more impressive. When asked about the purpose of the tower, he simply states he is on a mission from the Gods (Stellarion -1E)

((Aaand sorry again. Forever it took.)
Spoiler: Deities (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 08:23:11 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (21/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 9: Assault
« Reply #857 on: June 09, 2015, 10:41:45 pm »

See if their attempts to assist the plant's growth with magic are successful. If the magic system works the way I think it does, it should be useful for getting large plants more quickly but not (overtly) thermodynamics breaking, as it would cause the tree itself, not just it's 'Fruit' to grow.

Sapling Scholar:
"...ah...I feared that might happen...I am afraid that it is in a recursive loop...you are gaining no true knowledge beyond the same thing, over and over again...and that knowledge is in itself worthless as it leads nowhere...I am sorry, young Sapling...though you seem somewhat silly for not having realized it yourself...ah well...it can't be helped...try asking it about the other races and their inventions, instead, or music...you might be able to show it to the rest of the Saplings....and all could benefit..."

Create the first Great Magic. Great Magic is usable primarily by the Great Trees and instinctively by a few other similarly massive organisms(if any ever show up); it's power source comes primarily from heat(in animals; helps cool them down), light, a tiny bit of divine assistance, and the user's own will. The larger the user, the more efficient the magic (think of it as being affected by the Square-Cube law). For now, the magic system allows control over the weather in the user's vicinity. Which mostly means that the worst of heavy storms will be blunted, a flood might be lessened, droughts will be shorter and less severe, weather will be nicer in general, for the Great Trees, at least for how they usually use them, and dependent on their size.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 12:29:43 am by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: June 09, 2015, 11:58:16 pm »

Lend the assistance of my sphere to the creation of Great Magic.

You should have told me you were making Growth Magic, I could have helped you.

Use two power to empower the workers constructing the tower, so they can build it taller and greater.

Keep a close eye on the actions of the new Alpha Ringbearer, and the state of Ant society in general.

Investigate what miniwolves actually are. Just tiny wolves?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 06:29:52 am by Demonic Spoon »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: June 10, 2015, 12:23:28 am »

Also create the soul-gathering system for the Great Trees and Saplings. If Iliseth is willing to help, great. If not, that works too. They probably won't since they won't be benefiting from it directly, though.

"My thanks, Izgamlo, my fellow....I can be absent-minded at times, for which I apologize...I did not mean to exclude, or to forget about you..."

Listen to prayers, see how many/if I have any non-Sapling followers. Probably farmers, I'm guessing, or gardeners. Maybe thieves and sneaks? I dunno.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: June 10, 2015, 12:28:04 am »

What? None of you damn kids is going to do anything about one of your ungrateful friends blowing up the body you made?! I swear, back in my day, people respected the things they made! They didn't just blow them off the face of the "planet"!
I swear, who is the real god of Destruction here? Because it seems you rowdy kids have killed and destroyed more than I ever have!
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: June 10, 2015, 12:31:31 am »

What? None of you damn kids is going to do anything about one of your ungrateful friends blowing up the body you made?! I swear, back in my day, people respected the things they made! They didn't just blow them off the face of the "planet"!
I swear, who is the real god of Destruction here? Because it seems you rowdy kids have killed and destroyed more than I ever have!

"...I believe that likely comes as a result...due to your own incompetence...rather than any inherent destructive impulse on our part...you lack subtlety, to be blunt...and it has put you in this position...you have only yourself to blame..."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: June 10, 2015, 12:33:09 am »

"If you want to do anything big. You need to be subtle. Just how it works. You fucked up and you payed the price."

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: June 10, 2015, 01:30:02 am »

I'm kind of curious how big we can get that tower the dwarves are building. Anyone want to contribute to its construction?

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: June 10, 2015, 05:16:03 am »

"I could make 3 curses, but I'd rather make one curse 3 times."
Make a curse of bone and chain. It shall cause the body to grow strong bones inside, and make them capable of summoning ethereal chains from their bodies.
The binding the chains can do, works in many ways. It could bind power, lock things in place, even make physical chains to bind people.
It shall also grant an optional customizable exoskeleton, which shall grow if the user wishes it. It can be chitin or bone.
If the bone is broken, the chains can bind it to it's shape, and let it heal.
The curse is hereditary.

To the Boneless Ant:
"I shall give you the bone you desire, it will not be as strong as your bigger exoskeleton can be, but will grant you the liberty to grow bigger than the exoskeleton would.
I shall not strip you of the exoskeleton however, I shall simply make it optional, where you can decide if it shall adorn you, and what shape and material it should be.
The ethereal chains will remind you of who gave you this curse, you can summon them on will, and they can bind things in many ways.
"

To the Maag Jailer:
"You shall get the means to bind that you desire, it will come in the form of ethereal chains bound to your bone.
There is many ways they could be used to bind, you can even bind power with them, or prevent people from moving.
However, if you are to survive against powerful enemies, you need some more durability.
You can grow outside skeleton in what shape and material you want, to protect you while you do your duty.
"

To the Dwarven Craftsman:
"You wish for bone, but bone comes from people. If you want your bone, I shall grant you the power to grow your own, in whatever shape or material you want.
The customizable skeleton can adorn your body, if you choose it to. You will also be able to summon ethereal chains from your body, which can bind and hold in many ways.
"

Use crux if necessary.

Edit: Please disregard this action, it is outside of Skolld's capability, so I'll cancel it.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 01:20:18 pm by Happy Demon »
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: June 10, 2015, 06:34:25 am »

Create veins of valuable ores at the location of the grand tower being built.
Tell the man with the better Telescopes to study space, he shall travel to the grand tower and aid in its construction

Go to outter space, expand the space surrounding our planets, create Spaceweavers, a race of gigantic Spiders able to live off of spacedust and light, they spend their long lives constantly weaving more space into existance.

Listen to Durrakil songs. Take one of their droppings to the grandest tower being built. Create a nice little river closeby the tower being built so it will become easier to grow food there.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: June 10, 2015, 06:49:07 am »

"Well. Utther got what he deserved. Now then."

To the Dwarf Weaponsmith: explain to him the concept of watch-towers, large stone towers from which arrows and bolts can be fired from at enemies.

To the Maag Architect: "Wood can be used to construct also, if you have any of that. It's understandable that that might be scarce: so here's some advice: if someone digs deep enough, there will always be decent stone underneath the junk. Or just bake clay in the shape of rectangles, then use that for construction."

To the Sapling Engineer: "Well, what does the Great Tree want from you and your species? Think on that, then use your craft to fulfill that."

Also, secret action.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: June 10, 2015, 06:50:35 am »

"May I take some willing dwarves with me to train a clan of mighty engineers of space?"

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: June 10, 2015, 06:52:17 am »

"There shouldn't be any problem with that, although I ask you leave Sankis the Immortal: he is still needed here."
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: June 10, 2015, 07:17:44 am »

Stellarion appears at a small hamlet of dwarves rather far off of the main civ.

"Dwarves you are the chosen ones, if you choose to be.
If you train hard, you can overcome any space, any gap, and become one man armies, able to conquer space.
Your mightiest warriors are to gather and begin meditating daily, for one hour pondering over how to overcome space, then they will follow the Ritual of Spaceless Body.
The Ritual of Spaceless Body is a parcours to overcome fear of space as well as proning the physical abilities. The Ritual is repeated until the sun begins setting. When a year of repeating the Ritual of Spaceless Body he may choose to go submit himself to have the Rite of Becoming Space. He has to climb the highest mountain named, and jump over a river. He is now a Body of Space.

The Most Intelligent amongst you may begin their day meditating for 5 hours, pondering over how to become space. Afterwards they submit themselves to the Ritual of Spaceless Mind. This Ritual is designed to teach you the arts of Organization, Efficiency, Trade, Geography and Astronomy. After five years of training you may enter yourselves to the Rite of Overcoming Space. You are to travel within a dream of another and also answer all sorts of Organizational questions. If you enter the trance, perhaps you will jump without moving. You are now a Mind of Space.

You engineers, watch both of them closely and learn from their movements and ponder about space, ponder oh ponder. Bring forth creations of engineering wonder and use all means to achieve creative perfection. Your sole mission is to better the situation of the whole clan, and to eventually truly conquer space. You are to bring forth inventions to aid the grand tower.

All of you are free to pray to your old god, and my Endless Space allows the worship of another, as we stand together like brothers so far. Respect the old laws, as they were presented, unless they have become shallow and outdated, but keep in mind that the Great Space surrounds you."

Grant the wisest warrior of the clan charisma and knowledge in hand to hand combat, meditation, climbing, jumping and give him a vision of the durrakil.
Grant the wisest thinker of the clan charisma and knowledge in Organization, Efficiency, Trade, Geography, Astronomy, and a Technique to organize space in a manner that is pleasing to space, known as Space-Shui.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 07:22:18 am by Detoxicated »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 137