Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 194629 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (16/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 1:Creation
« Reply #195 on: May 30, 2015, 11:38:00 pm »

"I believe...it might be prudent...to entice the rest of you to aid us...Iliseth...Lithus...would you...find it agreeable to say...that those of us who refuse to contribute Essence...be disallowed from the use of the planet?
"Absolutely not. That would drive most of the gods into practical exile and (while certainly rather childish-sounding) sharing is caring. Also, it is most of the other gods who will foster the growth of life, souls, and worship for the rest of us once their creations fragment away from worshipping their creator alone."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 30, 2015, 11:38:51 pm »

"You cannot bar anyone from use. Therefore do not attempt to threaten. It is pointless."

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 30, 2015, 11:41:06 pm »

If they found out how to prevent... passage, we could always indirectly... mess with the planets inhabitants... but there really is no reason to be angry over loss of control over someone's pet project... Many sea creatures in the sea.

Liram gazes upon the planet and enjoys the look of the shifting sands.
Crack-a-lack-a

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 30, 2015, 11:41:32 pm »

"You cannot bar anyone from use. Therefore do not attempt to threaten. It is pointless."
"Nilva, he has reason for laying his claim. Don't mock him."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 30, 2015, 11:41:54 pm »

"I believe I've come up with a solution to the matter of a day-night cycle on a toroidal world: by ignoring how geometry works for a moment, we can simply make it rotate around its axis, just as a spherical world. If this is acceptable, I might tentatively pledge some of my resources to the Torus, though it still feels quite wasteful."

A moon orbiting the sun closer than the torus could serve the purpose of timekeeping easily, and I assume the spherical world also includes such a satellite, so the arguments of additional costs or needless complexity don't apply in this case.
"In a spherical world, the day-night cycle comes from the planet's own rotation, not an external body. A moon would not be essential."

"Creepy voice. Possible insanity. This should be an interesting experience."
"Honestly, I did not take you for one to daydream about dragons. Especially ones wearing snazzy hats. Interesting."

"I believe...it might be prudent...to entice the rest of you to aid us...Iliseth...Lithus...would you...find it agreeable to say...that those of us who refuse to contribute Essence...be disallowed from the use of the planet?
"Define 'use of the planet'. I can sense I am not going like the answer."
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 11:47:52 pm by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 30, 2015, 11:46:08 pm »

Nivla, patroneus, everyone else, this is not the time for petty competition or pretending for superiority. We have a world and it is about to rip itself apart. Either you choose to help and have a world to use, or you do nothing and be remembered by everyone else as useless, lazy, selfish, untrustworthy, etc, etc.
((I won't bother mentioning the armor thing anymore, you can all assume it happens each time I change my text color.))
Anyone who might choose inaction might as well be dead to me. The first impression is the most important one, so be all careful of how you all choose to act for this first crisis, as it will determine how we will all view each other.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 30, 2015, 11:48:07 pm »

"On what basis...do you make that assumption...God of...Wolves? I planted the seed...I baked the bread...and you all seek to eat it...it is no threat...I threaten nothing of yours....I simply protect what is mine...and those who would aid me's....that was awful grammar...this exhaustion annoys me....

...Iliseth...they would merely need...to donate a single Essence...or make a planet of their own...if they will be so shallow...and selfish...as to risk it's complete waste...."

Chortling.

"....you aren't...supposed to...my friend....all I ask...is a single essence...to help stabilize the world...you would even...be able to vote...for spherical...if that is your desire...I might even change my own votes...but if you choose not to...and it somehow succeeds despite...the apathy of Gods...then I will find a way to...keep sapients...of those Gods who refused to aid...either Sun or Planet....from giving their deity...worship....whether that be by their death...or their conversion to the Gods of the World...I do not know...

...did I forget to mention that....?...Those Gods who aided...the Sun...would be free to...use the world...since they aided in some way...at least....I am not...unrealistic..."

"And...my thanks...Luthus...though I find it somewhat...funny that...your views of Gods...are not subject to...progress?"

Wheezing. Rest...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 30, 2015, 11:50:20 pm »

"How much Essence does it Require to be stabilized? I am not willing to spend energy on something that will rip itself apart regardless."

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 30, 2015, 11:50:52 pm »

Admittedly... I would enjoy practicing my art... however inefficient I am at it...

Add 2 essence to the world.
Crack-a-lack-a

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 30, 2015, 11:52:09 pm »

Nivla, patroneus, everyone else, this is not the time for petty competition or pretending for superiority. We have a world and it is about to rip itself apart. Either you choose to help and have a world to use, or you do nothing and be remembered by everyone else as useless, lazy, selfish, untrustworthy, etc, etc.
((I won't bother mentioning the armor thing anymore, you can all assume it happens each time I change my text color.))
Anyone who might choose inaction might as well be dead to me. The first impression is the most important one, so be all careful of how you all choose to act for this first crisis, as it will determine how we will all view each other.
"I have helped with the sun. I cannot help with the planet and still make my own race afterwards. I hope you will not hold that against me but creating souls is more important to me than creating a planet."

Wheezing. Rest...
"Please rest. I will make sure you are considered favourably by my followers for your efforts in creating the world. Perhaps you want to name the star and the planet?"

"How much Essence does it Require to be stabilized? I am not willing to spend energy on something that will rip itself apart regardless."
"Enough to replace the Power I would think."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 30, 2015, 11:57:08 pm »

"You won't have...a planet...to make a race upon...at this rate...whereas...if you used Crux...you would be perfectly capable...of building your race...unless you worry...that someone will attack you...for some strange reason...?...if you are assailed...then I promise my aid to you...so long as...you simply aid the planet's construction...

...thank you...Liram...as for how much it needs...I am guessing...somewhere around...between five and seven more Essence...as the Power...simply needs to be given a frame to hold it...from falling apart...and then allowed to work..."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 31, 2015, 12:00:59 am »

"I am certainly willing to help, but I do nothing for free. Consider it a matter of... principle.

And before you threaten me; no, I do not care if this attempt at world-building fails or succeeds without me. I have nothing to gain or lose by putting my own energy into assisting you at the current moment. Except the energy spent, of course."
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 31, 2015, 12:01:56 am »

"You won't have...a planet...to make a race upon...at this rate...whereas...if you used Crux...you would be perfectly capable...of building your race...unless you worry...that someone will attack you...for some strange reason...?...if you are assailed...then I promise my aid to you...so long as...you simply aid the planet's construction...

...thank you...Liram...as for how much it needs...I am guessing...somewhere around...between five and seven more Essence...as the Power...simply needs to be given a frame to hold it...from falling apart...and then allowed to work..."

"Ahahaha! No, I do not require the planet to create a race. The problem is that stabilising the planet would cost me too much Essence and leave me with enough to create a race. I am willing to put 1 Essence into stabilising the planet but only if others help foot the proverbial bill. That is the most I can offer."
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 12:03:35 am by Andres »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 31, 2015, 12:04:44 am »

"No objections to ignoring geometry for a moment so the toroid may twist and create a day-night cycle? If not, I accept the Torus on that condition."

Aurosseu chips in 5 Essence for a spherical world or a twisting toroid. He also puts 2 Essence into the sun, but abstains from shaping it.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 31, 2015, 12:06:15 am »

1 Essence into the planet. Spherical or mobius toroid (if not enough votes for spherical to succeed) so it can twist.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 137