Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 469

Author Topic: X-Com Chimera Squad  (Read 724051 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: Partem Tueri
« Reply #5685 on: June 30, 2016, 01:57:51 pm »

After Mad Max cosplaying and viper fursuits, Wall-E robots look like they at least fit Xcom somewhat.
Ayy, YT commentary is on point.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #5686 on: June 30, 2016, 01:59:53 pm »

Gotta say I'm a little disappointed in the DLC so far. We have 'make your soldiers look stupid' 'make your soldiers look stupid + also OP aliens' and now 'make your soldiers obsolete with stupid looking robots!'

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: Machine Husbandry
« Reply #5687 on: June 30, 2016, 02:06:26 pm »

It's out. Launch trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHG_abjJLPM

Looks like MEC-likes to me.

The image for the "Just Like Daddy Used To Make (Build a SPARK unit)" achievement is this:

Leading me to believe the SPARK units are some sort of humanoid-esque robot thing.

Then there's the "Make ‘em go Boom (Kill an enemy primed Derelict MEC before it can self-destruct)" achievement. This leads me to think that you probably have to capture these derelict MECs from the enemy in order to research the SPARKS. Or something.
Yes, but the achievement descriptions sound like SHIV related ones (Just like Daddy Used to Make is very similar to You Have 5 Seconds to Comply). Plus the name SPARK, and the name of the achievement you mentioned. It sounds like the SHIVS from XCOM: EU had a baby with the Advent MECS from this game.

I guess you were right.

Sigh. I wanted MECs.
Love, scriver~

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5688 on: June 30, 2016, 02:21:38 pm »

Hold on, wasn't there supposed to be some super seekrit class? Or was that Psy Ops?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5689 on: June 30, 2016, 02:38:37 pm »

Yeah Psi ops were the secret class.
Everyone expected mecs for shens gift.

Maybe we will have mecs because there is the off chance that sparks will level up like mecs.

But i kinda doubt it at this point.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5690 on: June 30, 2016, 02:39:49 pm »

Do voicepacks work with the dlc? Or do I have to wait?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5691 on: June 30, 2016, 02:40:47 pm »

Do voicepacks work with the dlc? Or do I have to wait?
It'll probably work.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5692 on: June 30, 2016, 02:46:42 pm »

Yeah Psi ops were the secret class.
Everyone expected mecs for shens gift.

Maybe we will have mecs because there is the off chance that sparks will level up like mecs.

But i kinda doubt it at this point.

Why wouldn't they level up like MECs? I'm sure they'll have similar upgrades like the MECs had - in fact I'm pretty sure one of the achievements is for bringing a SPARK up to max level or such.

Personally, I think they look great, though I think I'll wait for a sale before getting this.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: Machine Husbandry
« Reply #5693 on: June 30, 2016, 03:02:00 pm »

It's out. Launch trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHG_abjJLPM

I also have a 3gb download queued on Steam

Looks pretty underwhelming to be honest.

I'm starting to suspect this "Season Pass" that I bought doesn't include the "expansion pack" that will be released after this.
The reinforcement pack mentioned three dlcs. There is now three. Also I saw it punch a sectoid, it might not be a mec but probably close enough.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 03:05:19 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5694 on: June 30, 2016, 03:24:23 pm »

Comparing this thing's punch to a MEC's punch is like comparing an octogenarian's shriveled limp noodle to a tortoise's penis.

I'm looking forward to the inevitable mod that just swaps out the model of this Wall-e on discount steroids imported from China to a MEC.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5695 on: June 30, 2016, 03:29:16 pm »

Its not especially hard to punch a sectoid anyway, yeah. Model swap, MEC english voicepack, make sure its accurate, and we'll probably be good to go.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5696 on: June 30, 2016, 05:57:53 pm »

Would have really preferred MECs. I rarely used SHIVs in XCOM:EU because they just weren't that interesting, and they didn't level. MECs could have personality. Maybe this will suffice but eh....I loved the grimdarkness of "give up your whole body to beat the alien menace." I'm guessing they were more hung up on the sentimental value of "Shen's Last Gift" than the awesomeness of it. Frankly, the characters of EU never embedded themselves so deeply with me that all the XCOM2 references and shout outs really scored any cool points in my book.

Also the robbits remind me of the robbits from the Phantom Menace.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5697 on: June 30, 2016, 06:38:28 pm »

So Christopherodd has a video on the SPARKs. They are not giant shivs. They'll be pretty much robot MECs once someone makes them look better, might even fix itself if the better armor tiers look any good.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5698 on: June 30, 2016, 06:40:38 pm »

I am happy I loved Shivs and felt that the original Xcom didn't give them enough love.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5699 on: June 30, 2016, 06:43:00 pm »

It seems the sparks take ages to repair. I just finished the tower mission and the thing is out for 30 days.
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 469