Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 469

Author Topic: X-Com Chimera Squad  (Read 723829 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: Enemy Known
« Reply #900 on: June 08, 2015, 10:19:08 am »

The Panzerhosen (I'll borrow that term, thank ye kindly :P) in Silent Storm were actually fairly easy to defeat - if you weren't fighting them on their own terms. They basically have APC armor, and everything you have in the game tends to be small arms and anti-personnel rifles. Their only real weakness is their pilot, I've personally never had a suit completely destroyed unless I didn't repair it for three missions straight.

What you do against Panzerhosen is catch them with their Hosen down. I have on many occasions defeated them by having my scout run up close to them, circle around, and shoot the pilot in the exposed legs and lower torso from behind with a handgun repeatedly. (you can aim at specific bodyparts with the numpad) Plus the suits can often be made to have no room to maneuver - their cannons are too long to shoot somebody right next to them.

Most later missions, I had just two or three suits on the field at most, for drawing fire and providing fire support, while my sniper(s) and scout(s) killed everybody. It was a hassle maintain them, and a pain to advance on the enemies with their slow pace.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: June 08, 2015, 10:55:29 am »

Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: June 08, 2015, 11:07:57 am »

XCOM 2's Exciting Modding Potential -- IGN First

YESSS

GET HYPE
HYPE ACQUIRED. STEP 2?

Seriously though, this all but confirms that whoever was speculating about paid mods was wrong.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: June 08, 2015, 11:25:02 am »

I am hip to the hype
Love, scriver~

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: June 08, 2015, 11:33:00 am »

On a side note. XCOM 2 will not have free-aim.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: June 08, 2015, 11:34:06 am »

Personally, I would've assumed as much ;)
Love, scriver~

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: June 08, 2015, 11:46:33 am »

What you do against Panzerhosen is catch them with their Hosen down. I have on many occasions defeated them by having my scout run up close to them, circle around, and shoot the pilot in the exposed legs and lower torso from behind with a handgun repeatedly.
That seems quite the design flaw.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: June 08, 2015, 11:49:40 am »

What you do against Panzerhosen is catch them with their Hosen down. I have on many occasions defeated them by having my scout run up close to them, circle around, and shoot the pilot in the exposed legs and lower torso from behind with a handgun repeatedly.
That seems quite the design flaw.
Apparently they sacrificed pilot safety in favor of pilots being able to get into and out of the things without outside help.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: June 08, 2015, 11:54:24 am »

What you do against Panzerhosen is catch them with their Hosen down. I have on many occasions defeated them by having my scout run up close to them, circle around, and shoot the pilot in the exposed legs and lower torso from behind with a handgun repeatedly. (you can aim at specific bodyparts with the numpad) Plus the suits can often be made to have no room to maneuver - their cannons are too long to shoot somebody right next to them.

I didn't know the back of their legs are exposed. I usually dealt with them by using the AT rifle you get from some rnadom mission in a specific country (It's a swiss mission i think) (i forgot the name but it can penetrate the tankpants) and lazor guns.
And then i got a set of angry pants for everyone in the squad complete with laser weapons so i can just roll over the entire game from that point onward.

There is nothing stopping you from having a whole squad of MEC troopers, and they're superior to normal humans. It's just that Meld is limiting.

Actually its not just the meld. Its the soldiers themselves.
You want to cut up the most experienced soldiers because a squaddie MEC is... pretty sucky.
If we are talking the base game only i could roll with 3-4 MEC1s before the alien base mission but if you want grenade launchers and other useful support abilities you are probably better off just getting 2 MEC-2s
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: June 08, 2015, 11:56:13 am »

[hype intensifies]

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: June 08, 2015, 11:58:38 am »

XCOM 2's Exciting Modding Potential -- IGN First

YESSS

GET HYPE
HYPE ACQUIRED. STEP 2?

Seriously though, this all but confirms that whoever was speculating about paid mods was wrong.
The article doesn't mention anything for or against it...  pessimism still at maximum setting.

Anyways, the PC only reason was pretty obvious to begin with, mods and /s PC master race.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: June 08, 2015, 12:01:32 pm »

Only semi-related, but Solomon really sounds like a chill dude. I read a RPS interview with him from before EU was released an hour-ish ago too (don't ask why) and it seems pretty consistent chillaxitudiness.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: June 08, 2015, 12:08:11 pm »

ITS A TARRRRP!!!

I have to say that as exciting as this all sounds, I really can't believe there won't be some sort of catch. I definitely don't think they'll be paid mods as I think that would have popped up (and they MUST know that that doesn't work after the Valve Incident) but I do feel that they'll be something a miss.

Maximum pessimism, but I can see them massively cutting down on content and going 'but mods!!!!'

With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: June 08, 2015, 12:11:09 pm »

I love how the inspirational artwork starts with Half-Life.
On that note, here's hoping that Half-Life 3 will be confirmed to be a WIP project, but not out "within a year".

Pessimism: I don't see how it's good for the developer if the games are played long after their release. I don't think many sales come from that. Paid mods would explain it, but we'll see, I guess. I somehow feel they won't be taking that route.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 469