Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 469

Author Topic: X-Com Chimera Squad  (Read 724884 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: C-Day
« Reply #2130 on: August 05, 2015, 11:44:39 am »

Is that weapon customization I see in that shotgun pic? Changing its name, at least? Beat still, my heart. They're giving us so much to tinker with I don't know if I'll ever actually manage to play a single mission.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: August 05, 2015, 11:44:51 am »

I really like this "dark event" system.  A clear (yes, hold my hand) way to be aware of what the aliens are doing, and maybe even counter it.  If you prioritize getting "intel", however that works.  I like this better than the player (not PC) learning the alien behavior in EU/EW or LW.
http://www.gamersyde.com/pop_images_xcom_2-29114-3.html

In Alpha Protocol I spent way more money buying intelligence dossiers than weapons or armor, heh.  Was hardly optimal, but it felt fun.  Putting a cost on the info will make me pay a lot more attention to it.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: August 05, 2015, 11:53:07 am »

...I really, really hope this gets a PS4 port.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: August 05, 2015, 12:01:53 pm »

Eh. I hope that comes from a separate team much later along with a mobile/Xbox port if so.

Also, the screenshots mention "retaliation". And UFOs chasing the avenger. Ooh boy!
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: August 05, 2015, 12:16:52 pm »

I meant somewhere down the line. They should finish the game and make it as good as it can be first, and then after it's done and a couple patches are also done, start working on the port.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: August 05, 2015, 12:34:00 pm »

Wouldn't that jsut run into the skyrim problem of 'is on [console], buuuuuut it has no mods, so you miss out on the extra awesome.'
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: August 05, 2015, 12:35:27 pm »

Yes, but I still want the game on something I can actually play it on.

Also, console mods aren't necessarily that far away. Apparently Microsoft is going to have mod support on the Xbox One version of Fallout 4.
Sigtext!

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: August 05, 2015, 01:05:41 pm »

Individual weapon naming?
Sweet.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: August 05, 2015, 01:43:00 pm »

Is that weapon customization I see in that shotgun pic? Changing its name, at least? Beat still, my heart. They're giving us so much to tinker with I don't know if I'll ever actually manage to play a single mission.
I could have sworn weapon customisation was confirmed/shown to us before. Maybe it was mentioned in an interview or something.

Apparently Microsoft is going to have mod support on the Xbox One version of Fallout 4.
I'm kind of wary about how that'll be handled. I suspect that users will get some pre-approved mods modified for the XBone version as decided by Microsoft, and there's no way they're not going to try and gouge some money out of it somewhere to justify the effort.

EDIT: Haha is that a leopard print shotgun?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 01:48:31 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: August 05, 2015, 01:46:58 pm »

True, but the argument for having the game, even just the vanilla version, on other consoles still stands regardless. Really, if the game has already been completed and released for the intended system- in this case the PC- there's no reason not to try to port it.
Sigtext!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: August 05, 2015, 02:23:54 pm »

Who the fuck is this dweeb and why is he not Dr. Valhen? Firaxis.
 Firaxis. You'd best not be telling me you brought back both Old and Sweaters but not glorious Valhen-sama. 0/10, preorder cancelled, shut it down, shut it down.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: August 05, 2015, 02:26:48 pm »

I'm pretty sure Shen is dead.
The one shown in the screenshots should be Shen's daughter. As for Vahlen, I'm certain that she'll be ingame. Maybe working for the aliens or captured, but regardless of that, we'll see her.

EDIT: I think we should also be getting a gameplay video an hour from this post (1:30 PST). May not be true, but I remember hearing about it somewhere.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 02:29:04 pm by Chiefwaffles »
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: August 05, 2015, 02:27:41 pm »

Oh man.  The speculation from this is going to be 1000% better than what we've been rehashing :D
Wherever could Vahlen be??
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: Firaxis Ruins Everything
« Reply #2143 on: August 05, 2015, 02:30:20 pm »

Vahlen alien sympathiser, make no mistake. They gave her all the test subjects, equipment and moral freedom alien money could buy, who could say no to that?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: August 05, 2015, 02:31:40 pm »

The scientist seems to be called Dr. Tygen.
There is also a Chief Shen mentioned.
This image.
So maybe he's not dead?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 469