Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 95

Author Topic: FEF: Winds of Change IC Thread Chapter 2 The Whispers of a Storm  (Read 52232 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Winds of Change IC Thread Chapter 2 The Whispers of a Storm
« Reply #1305 on: October 05, 2016, 04:56:57 pm »

Taft, away from that conversation, was being quiet and thinking to himself. First of all, he didn't trust the fact the council kept swapping people in and out of their group. Second, according to the letter that had been read out loud, Dar had either sold them all out to save himself - which, frankly, Taft would have done the same were it ever an option - or was being coerced in some way - which wouldn't surprise the dwarf either. Third, he was especially suspicious of the fact the king and the council seemed all chummy after one emissary was sent after previous differences of opinion. Sure, they had stopped some assassins, but they were also spies themselves and he had told the king as much.

But though he had his suspicions, there was little he could do to act upon them at the moment, and so he kept them to himself. He instead remained where he was, arms crossed, glowering at nobody in particular.

"You say we're getting paid up front. How much? Cash only or are supplies part of the deal?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: October 05, 2016, 05:13:32 pm »

: I... don't know. That seems like his signature but there's always room for doubt.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: October 05, 2016, 05:17:47 pm »

"I suppose, for now at least, we trust the council. See if we can meet up with Dar again as soon as we can." Kaltsar sighed.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: October 05, 2016, 05:21:54 pm »

: Right. Dar in person should be able to explain it better. At least the rest aren't raising any objections yet.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: October 05, 2016, 09:34:32 pm »

Verwar. Such a faraway place from the sands of Dantin, filled with mystery, excitement, and adventure! The thuggery the emissary described immediately afterwards was... disconcerting, but it didn't deter her overmuch. To hurt her, they'd have to catch her first.

Miki bounced on her balls of her feet, eager to get going.

...Then, after a moment of thought, nudged Belenus with an elbow.

"You ought to at least give them your name!"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1310 on: October 05, 2016, 10:17:27 pm »

"Ah, yes, my apologies. That was rude of me. My name is Belenus" - his speech hitches ever so slightly - "Tactician, and a fair shot if I may say so myself."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: October 05, 2016, 10:32:39 pm »

Taft looked at Benelus and snorted, rubbing the tip of his thumb just under his left eye.

"You think you're a good shot, huh? Maybe for an elf. I'm Taft, and I'm better."

He cracked his knuckles and rolled his shoulders.

"Once we're done with this, let's go out to the training grounds and I'll prove it."

(Gotta get dem supports and at least these two have something in common, right? :p
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: October 05, 2016, 11:05:40 pm »

"Where you're able to shoot matters a lot, but where you choose to shoot matters more. Or something like that."

"I wanna try too, though!"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1313 on: October 05, 2016, 11:36:33 pm »

"Is that so? It's going to be awfully embarrassing when I show you up, then."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: October 06, 2016, 12:01:14 am »

"Oh, we'll see about that. We'll just see about that."

Taft was pretty confident in his archery skills. And there was little he liked better than proving himself superior to those around him... especially an elf. But he was in a bit of a magnanimous mood, so he turned to the new girl.

"If you want to lose too, be my guest. I'm not going to take it easy on you just because you're a woman."

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: October 06, 2016, 12:35:41 am »

"..."

She suddenly got the feeling she was getting in the way of a beautiful, blossoming (somewhat racist) rivalry.

"Wouldn't dream of it."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: October 06, 2016, 12:45:40 am »

"Fine with me. Your loss either way."

Taft chuckled quietly for a few moments, because that was a pretty good line if he had to say so himself.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1317 on: October 06, 2016, 02:06:53 am »

Belenus chuckled as well. "Miki, I'm afraid you may have to settle for losing to yours truly. Not that I doubt your prowess, but I am confident in my abilities."
GM of Trespassers V2.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: October 06, 2016, 02:49:22 am »

"Want to bet something on it?"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: October 06, 2016, 09:09:03 am »

"'pose for yer peasan's, yer gotta use oose bows 's'ead o' mag'c."

She stuck her tongue out at the assorted competitors.
"Iffn yer lose, Taffy, dun try short-chan'in' dem, eh?"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 95