Poll

What is your preferred system?

Any D&D/D20
Shadowrun
World of Darkness
Palladium
Other (feel free to post about it)

Pages: 1 ... 538 539 [540] 541 542 ... 623

Author Topic: Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread: COBRA!!!  (Read 919186 times)

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread: The Barren Snowflake Wastes
« Reply #8085 on: June 01, 2020, 06:43:55 pm »

I would control the weather too if the rain was very spicy.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8086 on: June 02, 2020, 03:10:50 am »

you, a foolish imperial paperfucker: "b-b-but you can't measure the value of currency based on how many shadows the Rogue Standard can hide in on a midday sun, that's stupid!"

me, a glorious fiscal dissident and scientific value-scholar: "ha ha darkness printer go [REMAIN SILENT]"
Imagine investing all your capital in a coin that can be tracked with an arcana check

Only roguecoin is a truly decentralised currency programmed using the thieves cant programming language, rendering it untraceable

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8087 on: June 02, 2020, 04:44:24 am »

Imagine investing all your capital in a coin that can be tracked with an arcana check

Only roguecoin is a truly decentralised currency programmed using the thieves cant programming language, rendering it untraceable

Ugggh, but @SCANT is just so inelegant... Have to write 5 lines to get a single useful command parsed.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8088 on: June 02, 2020, 05:35:37 am »

I pity the fools that invested into dracoinic during the bubble, now sitting on their horde of coins thinking they'll one day be valuable. Everyone knows the only value of commodities is in their trade.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #8089 on: June 02, 2020, 07:59:25 am »

this will be good for magecoin
Magecoin is a scam, invest in roguecoin
you, a foolish imperial paperfucker: "b-b-but you can't measure the value of currency based on how many shadows the Rogue Standard can hide in on a midday sun, that's stupid!"

me, a glorious fiscal dissident and scientific value-scholar: "ha ha darkness printer go [REMAIN SILENT]"
Has something happened with the "But-but... Haha, [Thing] go [Brrr]" meme recently?
I've seen it a lot more times recently.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8090 on: June 02, 2020, 08:34:56 am »

Has something happened with the "But-but... Haha, [Thing] go [Brrr]" meme recently?
It was such a stupid joke that everyone knew would never catch on, so they made more jokes with the format to prove how it could never be a meme.

And now it's a meme.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8091 on: June 02, 2020, 09:12:38 am »

It's gone through a few iterations now, so it'll be harder to find on your own. Here it is.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8092 on: June 02, 2020, 09:26:34 am »

...isn't it much older than march 2020?
Love, scriver~

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8093 on: June 02, 2020, 03:02:23 pm »

by the way

meat bandits

Some call me the meat bandit
Some call me the gangster of körv
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8094 on: June 03, 2020, 11:03:55 am »

I intend to drop my players on the harbour and give them 12 days to reach the Exam House before the Imperial Exams are over. This will be the start of the campaign hook, as either they work together to ford the rivers of humanoids, or inevitably they are late and miss the exams - from the harbour it takes exactly 11 1/2 days if they don't get lost to reach Exam House. Once they're at the exam house they're going to take a skill challenge.

The first is a DC25 history question, "Why was Loue Boss assassinated by his nephew in the era of restored tranquility?" Which just introduces the rules of the skill challenge. (One person is the primary skill user, other team members make DC 10 skill checks using other skills to reduce the main DC by 5). So for example, the cleric is the one answering the essay question, but the bard uses deception to make the essay sound more intellectual than it actually is, the barbarian makes an insight check to realise Loue Boss wasn't murdered, he let his nephew kill him e.t.c.

The second challenge is a mock police interrogation, where it becomes apparent that the police interrogator is looking for a confession regardless of whether the suspect committed the crime or not. If they get the suspect to confess; it's a success. If they confront the interrogator successfully, also a success. The meta-element of the Imperial Exam is that they're not just testing ability, but also personality.

For example, one of the tests is literally the invigilator telling the examinees to jump off a bridge into a dark pit (it's a very short drop with a safety mat and an illusion cast over it). They can use their skills to question the invigilator, they can use their skills to investigate the drop, they can refuse the test or just jump in regardless - and this kind of info'll be used to assign them to the nobility, military, government or the Internal Security Bureau (ISB). I've got a lot of tricks up my sleeve for this one, and I think I'll do a writeup once I actually manage to execute my dastardly schemes upon my players

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8095 on: June 03, 2020, 11:12:17 am »

by the way

meat bandits

Some call me the meat bandit
Some call me the gangster of körv

My first thought was of a local-ish restaurant colloquially known as "the Meat Bank" (because we're all rednecks and the extent of our German knowledge is "schnitzel == meat").

What kind of RPG society would a meat bank be created within and why would its bandits stand out so much that they get a name of their own?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8096 on: June 03, 2020, 11:31:19 am »

I like the Accident.

Since I don't like counting, what scale is that map in per tile?
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8097 on: June 03, 2020, 12:06:42 pm »

I like the Accident.

Since I don't like counting, what scale is that map in per tile?
6 miles per tile

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8098 on: June 03, 2020, 12:18:50 pm »

Are those walls 24 miles long?

Also that's a lot of people

Too many people
Love, scriver~

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8099 on: June 03, 2020, 12:24:36 pm »

Welcome to 1000 consecutive years of perfect harvests

DO NOT TOUCH
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 538 539 [540] 541 542 ... 623