Poll

What is your preferred system?

Any D&D/D20
Shadowrun
World of Darkness
Palladium
Other (feel free to post about it)

Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 623

Author Topic: Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread: COBRA!!!  (Read 918869 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread: Arthropoid Martial Arts!
« Reply #4965 on: March 26, 2018, 03:23:55 am »

You could try sneaking in some caws before the illusion breaks, to aid in the confusion.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #4966 on: March 26, 2018, 03:27:15 am »

Of course. I intend to change my accent every time I open my mouth to see if anyone notices. I also typed in a 'character bio' that's just "something isn't quite right here" to be replaced with the actual one after the reveal.

Note: we're playing over the web, with live voice but no video, and in the Finnish language.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4967 on: March 26, 2018, 04:11:48 am »

Treasure time!

So my Pathfinder group's going up against the Seven Sons of Sin, a series of mini-bosses with a theme each. After defeating Sloth, Wrath, and Gluttony, they've finally reached Greed.

Appropriately, this is the point where I dump a massive room of treasure onto them. I also have a pretty crazy loot budget, since they're level 15 and they're about 500,000 gp below their ideal WBL currently.

So, if you were a player, what cool stuff would you be wishing for in a greed demon's horde? Obviously I have some individualised items I plan to plant that will assist specific characters, but I'd love to hear anyone's ideas about awesome treasure that isn't simply an upgrade to a character's base numbers.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4968 on: March 26, 2018, 04:23:58 am »

Items that grant wishes (limited use, some charges used), possibly evil genies in bottles--

Priceless antiques: magical swords and armor with history behind them, that sort of thing. Be sure to include horribly cursed items, like things that induce "Midas touch" type horror.
magical formulae for producing wealth (possibly at some horrific cost, like sacrificing babies or something)
Fancy clothes, carpets, silk curtains, squishy comfy pillows, treatises on how to get filthy rich by selling other people's souls, etc.

Oh, a list of all the people this demon managed to swindle / inventory of owned souls, would be amusing as well.

That and a nice haul of hard cash.  Be sure to punish the party if they themselves act too greedy. Greed is a sin, after all. A demon of this sin would not be ignorant of this, and would have tailored its coffers accordingly.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #4969 on: March 26, 2018, 06:05:38 am »

Ten million random household objects of values between a silver piece and a gold piece, all of them fragile, bulky or otherwise inconvenient to transport. Good luck trying to liquidate 100000 antique dinner plates into usable wealth. Amongst the junk, however, are several mighty magical items, if the PCs simply look instead of leaving the "disappointing" pile or going crazy figuring out how to move the "treasure". To find the good stuff, they must not be too greedy, but they can't ignore the opportunity for profit either.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4970 on: March 26, 2018, 06:13:00 am »

Can hardly wait for the "Crack whore dungeon" Lust must have...

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4971 on: March 26, 2018, 06:36:08 am »

Objects made of precious metal and fabrics that really shouldn't be.

Solid platinum beds, for example. With platinum sheets.

Oh, and some useful metals like adamantine. Still being end to make hatstands and umbrellas though.
One wheel short of a wagon

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4972 on: March 26, 2018, 09:12:02 am »

And throw in a mimic or two, theres ALWAYS mimics in treasure rooms. Unless you're not that type of DM.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4973 on: March 26, 2018, 03:01:56 pm »

Is there any chance that a gnome with the "mounted Combatant" feat in 5E, if given a piggyback ride, would give  the piggyback giver Evasion and be able to take hits for him?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4974 on: March 26, 2018, 03:15:01 pm »

And if they raise it as a zombie, it'll work for a bit. Once the spinnerets start rotting...

Kinda sad that Gentle Repose doesn't work anymore for what it was explicitly mostly used for in my experience during 3.5, how's a guy supposed to keep his corpses fresh anymore?

Though I figure the bigger problem would be the zombie spider running out of silk since I figure it's not actually generating new protein inside its body while dead unless they make it into a much meaner kind of undead spider. That said, a spider infused with the essence of night and malice to imbue it with eternal unlife and magical powers seems like it'd be great in general to have on your side or, failing that, as some kind of recurring antagonist.

Is there any chance that a gnome with the "mounted Combatant" feat in 5E, if given a piggyback ride, would give  the piggyback giver Evasion and be able to take hits for him?

If the DM finds it funny enough there probably is. Even the advantage on melee attack rolls would only apply to Small creatures (unless you're riding a giant or ogre or something, but then there's no way in hell you'd be able to reach anything from up there to hit it) in that event so it's not particularly gamebreaking or anything.

Hm. Mounted Rogue could be pretty good, on that note. Get up to some real Zorro bullshit that way.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4975 on: March 26, 2018, 03:20:03 pm »

Actually I was thinking of a small barbarian with a lance. Since then he's a tank that totally prevents anyone from hitting his "mount" with an attack.

What are the stats on the other small races of 5E? The ones not in the PH?
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4976 on: March 26, 2018, 03:29:51 pm »

Goblins get Dex and Con bonuses plus a thing that lets them do extra damage with an attack equal to their level once per long rest, so if your DM allows the Volo races that's a fightier option than the gnome. There's also the deep gnome but that's just a gnome with super darkvision and an advantage to stealth checks in rocky terrain. Finally, Kobolds from Volo's get a Dex bonus but also a Strength penalty so probably not what you want in a barbarian.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4977 on: March 26, 2018, 03:32:32 pm »

There doesn't happen to be a small but strong playable creature in 5E, is there?
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4978 on: March 26, 2018, 03:37:11 pm »

No. Which means you have the perfect niche to propose a scaled-up version of the Pictsie as a custom player race.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4979 on: March 26, 2018, 03:43:40 pm »

Oh, that would be so awesome. But aren't they more Tiny sized? Or is six inches only Small?
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 623