Poll

What is your preferred system?

Any D&D/D20
Shadowrun
World of Darkness
Palladium
Other (feel free to post about it)

Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 623

Author Topic: Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread: COBRA!!!  (Read 913839 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons & Dragons (or just about any PnP game, really), share your experiences.
« Reply #2790 on: September 19, 2016, 06:55:28 pm »

Maybe that would actually be a decent campaign setting?  Particularly if the players say they want to play evil characters.
A setting with lasting peace, where the PCs have to stir up trouble which they then profit from.
Probably starting from a background of petty raiding, which they could play through or just have as backstory.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons & Dragons (or just about any PnP game, really), share your experiences.
« Reply #2791 on: September 19, 2016, 07:17:12 pm »

Seperate mini-campaigns where one or two players stirs up trouble (stealing a few jewels and leaving them in a peasant's house, murdering someone and leaving the knife in a goblin cave), then "solving" the "problem"?
Black lives matter.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: September 19, 2016, 07:20:56 pm »

Slaves to Armok: God of Blood: Chapter III: Dwarf Fortress: The Tabletop Game?

All things considered, it can be a relatively calm setting.

I kind of thought of doing a campaign based on Dwarf Fortress stories, actually. More like a mini-module, actually. But I have no experience in world-building, and am a bit lazy in making a shit-ton of NPCs.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #2793 on: September 20, 2016, 12:37:11 am »

My group ran a one-shot goblin scenario yesterday. A party of consensually NE characters is hilarious, and roleplaying a goblin cleric may be the most fun I've ever had playing d20.

Horse does not scare Poog!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: September 25, 2016, 09:17:40 am »

Slaves to Armok: God of Blood: Chapter III: Dwarf Fortress: The Tabletop Game?

All things considered, it can be a relatively calm setting.

I kind of thought of doing a campaign based on Dwarf Fortress stories, actually. More like a mini-module, actually. But I have no experience in world-building, and am a bit lazy in making a shit-ton of NPCs.
I did that by having my part run through Necrothreat, which was an abandoned dwarven fortress. Party fought undead and then the equivalent of husks and thralls as they got deeper. The final battle was against a necromancer who could control living shadow as well as the undead, and he summoned every deceased party member as well as clones of party members who were still alive.

Party wizard sent the necromancer into the magma below, only to slay the clones and their risen allies and the necromancer climbs back out in an exoskeleton of millions of living shadows.

He killed the secondary tank in one turn but the party killed him in three or four turns. I had to increase his max HP because they did about 150+ damage per turn collectively in 4e
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #2795 on: September 25, 2016, 01:47:08 pm »

Divine spellcasters automatically know all spells at their level. Wow. Never actually had the opportunity to get this far into playing one.

For context, my group is running a post-apocalypse campaign. Every character starts with one level in an NPC class. 20 point buy, to encourage creativity in builds.

This may or may not be related to the fact that I am running a catfolk adept, planning to level into cleric.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: September 25, 2016, 10:06:13 pm »

Also, off to a great start combat-wise in our new campaign.

The tank turned a goblin into a bloody pulp.

On other notes, I made a guy nearly soil himself because when a guy puts a gun to your head, you know he's a good shot, and he just told you you're in between him and his bounty mark, you're gonna have a bad time. I also scared an easily terrified party member, but that's easy.

On another note, two of my players who are getting the hang of D&D are looking into the tabletop adaptations of their Favorite games: Shadowrun and Vampire The Masqarade. Both want to do a one off game to see how it is, and everyone is pretty cool with it except two players (one who doesn't give a fuck and the other is too busy to answer)

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #2797 on: September 25, 2016, 10:10:54 pm »

Wish I could do some DnD or similar, but... D'you suppose there'd be any DnD going on at a small town's high school's Game Club? Alternatively, a PnP going on in the FG&RP that's easy to get into?
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: September 25, 2016, 10:35:51 pm »

D&D games pop up in FG&RPing all the time, a vast majority of them die off almost immediately, but some of them stick around for a while (and a rare few actually last for a substantial amount of time). If you stick around and check every once in a while you'll see em.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: September 25, 2016, 10:45:53 pm »

D&D games pop up in FG&RPing all the time, a vast majority of them die off almost immediately, but some of them stick around for a while (and a rare few actually last for a substantial amount of time). If you stick around and check every once in a while you'll see em.
Wish I could do some DnD or similar, but... D'you suppose there'd be any DnD going on at a small town's high school's Game Club? Alternatively, a PnP going on in the FG&RP that's easy to get into?
I just ended mine because it was hard to manage with class and such. If you find a devoted GM and a good group, you'll find yourself having fun. I recommend gathering people for a roll20 game. Its not my cup of tea since everyone in my group is in a different time zone (and by that, most of them are in Europe and I'm in Canada, and I don't know where in the world one is...) but if you're lucky, you'll find people willing to do it.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: September 28, 2016, 05:26:13 am »

Friday night game's coming, and the party's on the road again through a forest towards an elven city. Also, this coming night will be a full moon.

Naturally, I've prepped a werewolf troll and his pack of dire wolves for them. DR 10/silver, regeneration 5. They're so screwed.

Mwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: September 28, 2016, 05:34:14 am »

;-;
Black lives matter.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: September 28, 2016, 07:02:39 am »

I feast on discarded character sheets and drink the tears of my players.

(Actually to be honest, I only killed one player so far in the game I run, and that was completely on them for going off solo and bleeding out after a trap).

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #2803 on: September 28, 2016, 07:08:03 am »

This is why you always, always carry a silvered weapon or a vial of alchemical silver. You never know when you might run into werewolves or devils.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: September 28, 2016, 11:10:44 am »

Realistically, without evidence of their existence or firsthand experience with them (like a werewolf hunter or the like), the common adventurer wouldn't think to prepare for any werewolves. Regular, boring orcs and goblins are much more likely enemies, and spending the extra money on the silver wouldn't be worth it.
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 623