Poll

What is your preferred system?

Any D&D/D20
Shadowrun
World of Darkness
Palladium
Other (feel free to post about it)

Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 623

Author Topic: Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread: COBRA!!!  (Read 913628 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Paizo is releasing Pathfinder In Space Starfinder in August 2017.
This will either be incredibly awesome or incredibly dumb. There is virtually no middle ground.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sure would be more awesome if it wasn't over a year away.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

Why not Coursefinder?
Love, scriver~

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So long as I get me a multiclass enchantment wizard/monk/aether kineticist with a longsword of brilliant energy +1. Or, you know, a Jedi.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

Why not Coursefinder?

The last word in mundane academy roleplaying games.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

spelljammer 2: electric boogaloo?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

spelljammer 2: electric boogaloo?

Well Spelljammer is more pirate ships in space then Sci-fi.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

So the greatest campaign I was in came to an end.

We went to the world's equivalent of Atlantis and dodged an encounter in a dive bell with sharks. We went in the ruins, which had air in it, and we ended up Meeting a herald of a God who I forgot who was once a senator of the place we are in. He showed us what the place looked like in its prime, and then a scene of the last few days of it before it sunk into the sea. We advanced towards the palace, and the herald told us the Elves (the Nazis of our world) had already arrived. We kept going on, splitting off with another party (who were all NPCs) who searched for a special blade that completed the armor we were trying to finish, and was a sort of secret piece that we had to find. We then ended up in the emperor's palace, and saw another vision, this time of the High Priestess (context: the Archaeans (the Alanteans) all worshipped the pathfinder gods, which overruled and "defeated" the old gods, which was the Norse, Celtic and Egyptian pantheons) who came to see the Emperor, but she was denied going in, and she showed the Preator who stopped her a vision we didn't see. He then attacked her, and slew her. He then muttered something about still having time and entered the palace.

We then got into a fight with a banshee, who almost insta killed "that guy", only surviving because negative energy heals him. I pretty much insta killed it by being a Kineticist.

We then entered he bathhouse, which was where we believed that the last piece of the armor, save for the blade, was held. Upon entering the bathhouse, we found he emperor's body, which looked freshly slain, and the Nazi Colonel (the obergeupenfeuher (I botched that, sorry)) and my DM drops a veil in RL revealing A REAL LIFE NAZI FLAG HE GOT (he collects WWII relics (he's Jewish btw...)). The colonel then touches the emperor's body, and he's granted the ability to wear the armor, and he puts it all on instantly, and he recites the equivalent of Latin and then uses his power to rise the city from the water.

He then demands we go down to see him, and we do (we needed to stall until the blade is found). "That guy" starts doing his thing by being immune to charm and such, so when he orders us to kneel, everyone is stuck doing it, and then he does a charm effect to force us to listen, and it effects everyone but him. The colonel starts to give a speech and "that guy", given freedom to speak freely, interrupts him at every possible turn, in front Of an entire company of Nazi soldiers. He forced them to let him deal with us, so they stand at attention. He tries to cast a touch spell, and "that guy" teleports away, apparently able to do some effects while dealing with this guy.

So what happens then is 20+ minutes in RL to pass 15 turns in game (which would have dealt with the being stuck kneeling part) for the two of them to duke it out, and the one person drops a broken ability that would have killed the Colonel instantly, but failed because he now can teleport as a reaction to dodge attacks. So nothing is done in 15 turns since "that guy" can't attack, and the colonel keeps missing him.

So once he 15 turns pass, I do my strongest blast at him, and HE FUCKING DEFLECTS IT INTO A WALL, REVEALING THE OUTSIDE. He did that 3 times, rendering all but one of my attacks almost useless (didn't know until after the encounter, so I did attacks that required a dex save). We then battled it out for a long, hard fight against A NAZI GOD.

Fortunately, as a standard adventuring party, we kill him.

Unfortunately, the armor gave him a rebirth ability that instantly revived him to full HP every time we drop him. So we were fighting this games version of a certain final boss in a South Park game.

he then used the full force of his armor and started a god war with "that guy", who was going to become a demigod himself. "That guy" (I'll call Nyth now, since that's his Character's name and this is hard to do on my phone) managed to do a charged up channel divinity (eldritch godling) that killed EVERY NAZI IN THE ROOM SAVE FOR THE LEADER AND THE COLONEL. All 400+ of them. He then collapses both walls beside us, and then the roof and the floor. Nyth responds with walls of force with our Wizard, Maximillian, helping out. We isolated ourselves from the enemy, but he then casts a spell that makes me absolutely repulsed by my own clothes and I started fighting him naked. I was a naked Goku/Ironman fighting a Nazi God. And I was winning, dealing 150+ damage every time I use my explosion infusion.

By the time the other party is able to be contacted via teleport (aka Nyth uses his at will teleport spell to go to them) and takes the sword from the party who was yet to arrive, and readies himself. The party Machinesmith, who's prone to mind controlling effects despite being an android, is controlled by the God to take the sword and go to Mikeaus (a new continent, on the other side of the world) and takes the sword from the weak and squishy occultist Nyth, and then runs for it. Nyth, pissed by this, takes the guy and drops him from a distance that the player memorized that causes them to drop in 2 rounds, which would kill him. He casts air walk, and manages to use the sloping to save himself and keep walking.

Nyth, now noticing there being a lack of a dead Gungar (The machinesmith) in front of him, he teleports him and Gungar back and dispels him, takes the sword, and teleports the NPCs to us, while I'm blowing up the place with explosions and dropped the Colonel a second time now.

The NPC swashbuckler, who's husband was killed by this Colonel a few hours ago in game world, grabs he sword, tackles the colonel off of the only balcony left standing, and screams "THIS IS FOR EDWARD!" And im pales him with it after landing on him with the secret blade through his heart.

He stops moving, and we start to dispel the wall of force after clearing things up, and he gets back up to cast a curse on everyone (only two people saved, me and Maximillion) who got brands on them that could be seen by all clerics and inquisitors of Abbadar (the patron God of the elves in this world) that had a swastika and the word "murderer" on it.

And then the place began to sink into the sea, and after I grab my clothes, I fly off naked while Nyth forgets about me (on purpose because Haldor (my character) is naked) and the seat of the empire sinks like lead into the ocean.

We then "roll credits" and say some extra tidbits about the next campaign; taking place 150 years later, and then roll the epilogues. Maximillion goes back to the new continent to find out he has a son and raises him, Nyth becomes a demigod but not before she (the character is a she) helps Haldor with some garbage, Gungar becomes a diplomat between Dwarves and Orcs (and makes peace, despite having no emotion or ability to read lies/sarcasm) and helps bring peace between them.

and Haldor? My character?

He gets the only "bad ending" because he returns home, to find his entire family is slain. He then embarks on a journey with his family's friend, a dwarf war veteran turned mercenary leader named Dain, Haldor (who has his companion in his psyche named Visilie), Nyth, and Haldor's only brother unaffected by the spell due to dying before the familicide spell, and my previous character, Varg Ragnar. They end up succeeding in returning his family, though his parents passed on, both knowing they're old and accept death.

His pagan brothers renounce their gods, now seeing what awaited them. His brothers mostly continued to be soldiers or mercenaries save for two, one who became a smith that rivalled dwarves, and the other who became a farmer. One brother died in the elven invasion of his home 13 years later, one brother was caught after committing war crimes before he died, and he was sentenced to being the leader of this world's version of the Inglorious Basterds. Two brothers, Varg included, survived the war and had families of their own, Varg finally having more to his life than revenge and war.

Haldor, however, was given a duty. He was part of an organization that protected powerful arcane artifacts, and he saw what happened when someone learned the secrets (it's arcane nukes). He used the secrets of immortality he found at this place called LAMBS and became a living force of nature, controlling fire, lightning, and air itself, guarding this arcane laboratory. He was never seen again, and anyone who came close was slain in a way that seemed to be a great Anomoly.

And thus starts the next adventure...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile

Bravo.

All D&D campaigns should have a fight against Elf Nazi Godling at some point
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile

Taking part in my first real D&D campaign tomorrow, for 5 hours this session. Should be good, although I haven't played much of it. There's about 5 players atm though, so it's looking good.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My players have just received a quest hook to go explore the ruins of an ancient dwarven outpost called Koganusan.

That's right, motherfuckers. Welcome to Boatmurdered.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

Ooh, I like looking up Dwarvish but somehow never knew Koganusân was Boatmurdered!  The dang accent made it a bit tricky.

More importantly, heeheehee...  I hope they like miasma :D
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

Bravo.

All D&D campaigns should have a fight against Elf Nazi Godling at some point
This guy is a legendary DM. Unforutnatley, despite killing this world's version of Red Skull, the nazis still managed to invade most of the world. If it wasn't for the Orcs joining the humans, dwarves, duregar and gnomes, the elves would have won the war. In the end, a surrender term was given, since the allies couldn't get into the elven lands and the elves were beaten back, and they were that the elves were to keep their lands, their leader, though stepping down, was to go with full pardon, and a few other things I don't remember.

Anyway, at the 150 year mark, we're changing it up from a combat heavy experience to a more detective-type game, where almost everyone in the party is some form of law enforcement. I was originally going to be part of the arcane division (I was told its sort of like F.E.A.R.) and be one of the last wizards alive (arcane magic really started to leave the world when tech started to show up. Divine magic is still strong and present, only because of the Orcs who used their magic for a very long time and taught others about it), but I decided to use the new class that was released: vigilante. It suits the campaign PERFECTLY. Apparently though, we have our own version of Superman in the massive city we're working in, but since my character has different motives for crime fighting than this character, there can be more room for another superhero.

The fact my DM allowed me to increase the amount of renown at its fullest to affect the entire population of the city (which houses 2 million people) it REALLY helps make this character feel more awesome. The social side of my vigilante is pretty much Tony Stark, as he makes most of his own gear (though he isn't as tech heavy as he uses regular shortswords that were his ancestor's (aka my ranger's) even though he has a pair of modern firearm revolvers that he uses) and is well renown for his craft. The DM let me use my vigilante ability of having 90% off on all goods costing 8000gp or less on character creation because his social side is him being the head gunsmith and co-owner of a major weapon manufacturing company (we start at level 11 so its not that broken). Since this is the descendant of a large family, and considering that his cousin is the main source of wealth, my character, Ulf Ragnar, wouldn't have the full funding as a CEO would, but has enough sway that he can get things cheaper.

His vigilante side is known as Grey Fenris (I may change the name. Having his name be translated to "Powerful Warrior Wolf" and his vigilante name be pretty much "Grey Wolf" is kinda stereotypical of a Marvel superhero name as you can get without having two matching initials. He usually fights by stalking his enemy first and then striking when they're alone, intimidating them as he attacks, and since his weapons are all merciful, he never kills his enemies. His ultimate goal is to find the man who killed his fiance and tampered with her soul to prevent any sort of resurrection on her.

As far as I know, one guy is going to be a kineticist, so this is gonna be a really interesting campaign...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile

So there's a new 5e adventure scheduled for September.

[urlhttp://www.sageadvice.eu/2016/06/03/storm-kings-thunder-explained-video-transcription/]A summary of the announcement.[/url]

It's giant themed, with apparently the potential to become a giant yourself, as well as rune magic becoming an official thing.

The bit that really caught me was what's queued up after - another monster book, with both new monsters and a load of lore on some of the classics apparently, which should be cool :)
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

Giants, eh?
Nice.

I wonder how rune magic will work.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 623