Poll

What is your preferred system?

Any D&D/D20
Shadowrun
World of Darkness
Palladium
Other (feel free to post about it)

Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 623

Author Topic: Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread: COBRA!!!  (Read 912505 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons & Dragons (and Pathfinder), share your experiences.
« Reply #1575 on: February 02, 2016, 09:45:07 pm »

Whelp just two more days until the deadline for the sheet hand in and I am nervous.
URGH FINE ILL FINISH IT TONIGHT

:P

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: February 02, 2016, 09:45:46 pm »

i had mine pretty well done and then my laptop SHUT OFF with nothing saved
Black lives matter.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: February 02, 2016, 10:10:18 pm »

Whelp just two more days until the deadline for the sheet hand in and I am nervous.
URGH FINE ILL FINISH IT TOMORROW
AAAAAA ESSAYS AAAAA
Bumpeth thine thread.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: February 03, 2016, 02:13:54 am »

We'll come up with 101 ideas for cheap magic items!

24.) Continuous Canteen: As long as at least one drop of water remains inside of it this one quart canteen gradually refills itself over the course of three hours (faint conjuration; CL 1; Craft Wondrous Item, create water; Price ~120-380 gp?? [approx equiv to create water one charge per day, which would be 360 gp, but actually creates a somewhat less water unless nearly drained every 3 hours, plus there's the restriction that there must already be at least one drop in it])

Edit:
Strike that pricing information. I forgot to multiply by one half for a level 0 spell.
it should be "~60-190 gp?? [approx equiv to create water one charge per day, which would be 180 gp, but actually creates a somewhat less water unless nearly drained every 3 hours, plus there's the restriction that there must already be at least one drop in it]"
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 02:20:35 am by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: February 03, 2016, 02:27:54 am »

Sailors, craftsmen, apothecaries, and so on... are easily commoners. Likewise a farmer and herder could easily be an expert.

The difference between a Expert and a Commoner is the difference between Healer and a Doctor.

It isn't so much their jobs it is how far they are and willing to take them.

Or another way of putting it is the difference is the same as between the Warrior and Fighter. A Warrior is a fighter who lacks the discipline and drive, or rather where fighting is just a hobby.

It's about how trained and talented they are. A warrior's a fighter who isn't particularly skilled at his job.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: February 03, 2016, 02:41:44 am »

Well "Trained and Talented" could easily be based upon level as well.

But the difference is that a fighter will wake up and do 1000 sword reps, but a Warrior won't.

Which is more the quality of their training and talent then amount.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 03:17:50 am by Neonivek »

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: February 03, 2016, 03:34:40 am »

Are there any dnd versions, where players are mix of ,, bad guys ,, like liches, demons or that kind of stuff and try to ruin the world for everyone / some shrine with healing fountain / nuke paladin order headquarters ?

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: February 03, 2016, 03:44:15 am »

That would basically just be a different campaign. If you know a DM to talk to, you could see if they want to run an evil-party camp.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: February 03, 2016, 05:06:35 am »

If you're into Pathfinder and want an evil campaign arc, you could do worse than Way of the Wicked. It starts right from level 1, and pretty much lets you run wild with an evil character party.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: February 03, 2016, 06:19:54 am »

Well "Trained and Talented" could easily be based upon level as well.

But the difference is that a fighter will wake up and do 1000 sword reps, but a Warrior won't.

Which is more the quality of their training and talent then amount.
Sailors, craftsmen, apothecaries, and so on... are easily commoners. Likewise a farmer and herder could easily be an expert.

The difference between a Expert and a Commoner is the difference between Healer and a Doctor.

It isn't so much their jobs it is how far they are and willing to take them.

Or another way of putting it is the difference is the same as between the Warrior and Fighter. A Warrior is a fighter who lacks the discipline and drive, or rather where fighting is just a hobby.

It's about how trained and talented they are. A warrior's a fighter who isn't particularly skilled at his job.

I think the difference is rather that one is an adventurer, and the other stays home.
Love, scriver~

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: February 03, 2016, 10:49:11 am »

Are there any dnd versions, where players are mix of ,, bad guys ,, like liches, demons or that kind of stuff and try to ruin the world for everyone / some shrine with healing fountain / nuke paladin order headquarters ?
We accomplished most of that in our campaign, though it didn't start that way.  At one point my character was a demon, one of the first characters was a mummy, three of the later ones were ogres...  We were still sorta trying to fix the world, for the most part, but along the way we did slaughter a Church of St Cuthbert (they were being dicks, and we got paid!), mainly worked for an ancient vampire (in our defense, he was mounting a coup!) and eventually helped one of the lich emperors ascend to godhood (My character had 3 int at that point, there wasn't much I could do.  I think we justified it as "he agreed to help stop the others, and gods tend to chillax in their realms".  That event did kinda break the world even more than before though.)

We never did nuke the paladin headquarters...  That *happened*, but only because we stepped out for a bit.  We actually did our best to help them.
(well, arguably we weakened the city by slaughtering the church of Cuthbert...  For the cultists who then performed the nuking)

We were very briefly heroes, then antiheroes who played by our own rules to fix the world, then basically devolved into evil and spite there at the end.  Until it eventually fell apart.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: February 03, 2016, 11:05:50 am »

Reverse Dungeon
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: February 03, 2016, 05:33:46 pm »

OK, thanks to that article someone linked about changing classes into feats, I've started compiling a list of all the classes and the feats they get turned into.

I've decided only the Core Classes get Basic Training feats, with maybe the exception of some of the Occult Classes IF the need arises.

Here is the link, and the document should be open for comments and suggesting edits. For security reasons, I'm not giving full edit access here. :P

You'll notice it's mostly blank; feel free to suggest edits to fill it out, or to request that certain classes be done next. The table-of-contents is almost complete, though. :P
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: February 03, 2016, 05:34:46 pm »

Reverse Dungeon
all evil / chaotic neutral party, only non-good races
Black lives matter.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: February 03, 2016, 06:10:42 pm »

This increase is always active, even while the barbarian is raging.

Ah, good. I always worry that my Rage Powers may not work when I use RAGE.

It seems to have since been errata'd, but that doesn't mean that old books or .pdfs reflect that.

Just moving this to a more appropriate thread. Anyone else ever come across wordings that don't make sense or accidentally subvert the intentions of an ability?
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 623