Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 35

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LV: Masked Trouble - Scum Victory  (Read 47958 times)

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LV: Masked Trouble - D1: Locker Room (9/9)
« Reply #300 on: July 16, 2015, 07:50:03 pm »

~~~
Target: Tawarochir:
You're excused for the moment. For now. Hiddenleafguy seems more likely to be scum, but you're one of my top suspects at the time, for the same reasons as Hiddenleafguy. At least you're semi-logicing it out.
~~~
FOU In what way do feel like tawarochir is acting like hiddenleafguy? To me it looks like they are playing in totally different ways, and Tawarochir does not strike me as scummy at all.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 16, 2015, 07:55:34 pm »

Aww, looks like the poetic Urist and Urist scumteam is looking far less likely. It would have been a lovely fit in terms of names.

Urist McCoder
90% of your arguments are just something that someone else said that you changed just enough that people might not notice.
This could easily apply to your voting and hunting habits. Up to and including now. You haven't really acknowledged that one even after I tried to prompt it out of you earlier.

Tawarochir, what brought on the sudden interest in HLG?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 16, 2015, 08:03:06 pm »

H4zard, what is the single scummiest post of the game so far, in your opinion? Completely removed from context, just that post on its own. You seem to be a bit reluctant to actually engage with scum-hunting, preferring to encourage people to not vote for Fallacy. Whether that's because you have some innate fear of a majority vote in general or you just want to protect Fallacy I can't say, but either way it's not based on something rational. And it's not helping anything, either.
1. Hiddenleafguy(and to the lesser extent, Coder)'s out from the blue bandwagon. No more reason to that, except if he thinks Fallacy's scum, which is reasonable.
2. Some innate fear of votes. More like red text.
Everybody but Hiddenleafguy: what is your current opinion on Hiddenleafguy?
Um... I should do votes right now.
Hiddenleafguy: Come back here and EXPLAIN EVERYTHING!
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 16, 2015, 08:09:41 pm »

The answer is 42.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 16, 2015, 08:22:13 pm »

The answer is 42.
What the hell are you driving at?
Tawarochir, what brought on the sudden interest in HLG?
I'd been keeping an eye on him for a while, but the sudden non-sequiters, Fallacy's questioning, and word salad logic brought him to my attention.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 16, 2015, 08:40:53 pm »

The answer is 42.
If Urist McCoder wasn't so much more of a threat if he's scum, you'd be dead meat under my vote. As of right now Urist McCoder is (not more scummy, but) more dangerous.

~~~
Target: Tawarochir:
You're excused for the moment. For now. Hiddenleafguy seems more likely to be scum, but you're one of my top suspects at the time, for the same reasons as Hiddenleafguy. At least you're semi-logicing it out.
~~~
FOU In what way do feel like tawarochir is acting like hiddenleafguy? To me it looks like they are playing in totally different ways, and Tawarochir does not strike me as scummy at all.
Actually tawarochir has stopped acting even slightly like hiddenleafguy. Oi Urist McCoder, can you not respond completely to my posts?

this is another thing that makes me think you are scum. You ask for other peoples opinions instead of formulating your own arguments. this makes it seem like you don't want to stand out, which as far as I understand is something of a scum tell.
Objection! He could be using the opinions to formulate his own arguments!
It just seems really scummy considering that he asked who to vote for earlier. And even if he is using it to formulate an opinion, it seems like the main reason for him leaning on other peoples opinions is to not stand out while still having an argument that would pass muster.

FOU the reason for the whole correcting my self thing is because when I talk it takes me a while to figure what what word best suits the current situation. And I don't really have a good way to figure out what word to use when I am posting in forums. So i end up correcting myself, and not being very clear in how I present my thoughts.
Okay, but it seems easy enough to me to simply type words. It may be different for you... but still...

Urist McCoder, why can't you analyze my arguments instead of diverging around them like string cheese?

To answer your statement(question?), I say this: the reason that I asked for the opinions of other people is because I legitimately didn't know who to vote for at that stage!

But it's blasted obvious for multiple reasons. I hereby charge Urist McCoder and hiddenleafguy with many counts of argument evasion, active lurking, passiveness, and in general, scumminess! What say you in your defense?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 17, 2015, 01:45:58 am »

unvote
The answer is 42.
vote Hiddenleafguy
Stop being useless. Stop being useless right now. It's inevitably going to get on people's tits (see: Fallacy's "I'm town" think that got basically everyone to vote against him) and very probably get you lynched. Regardless of what side you're on, you're making yourself look bad and not helping yourself in any way. Like that one guy whose name I forget, but he's notorious around these boards for being just abrasive and lurky and frequently gets himself near-unanimously lynched day 1 despite being town.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #307 on: July 17, 2015, 04:13:43 am »

Fermat's last theorem? What's that?

Also, so I can be sure about my lynch target for this day,

Hiddenleafluchadore is #2 on my list of suspects. The only thing bringing me to hesitation is that of the both of you, it is unlikely that both of you are corrupt, unless the efforts to have each other lynched is just a cover. The reason why I currently suspect you most over HLG is that HLG is more plausibly making horrendous nooby mistakes, as HLG is a horrendous noob who went so far as to edit a post. And whilst you also claim to be innocent by noob plea:
This is my first game of forum mafia. I have however read several pages worth of mafia theory at the wiki. And many, many, interesting and complex non-beginner games have also been read by me here in the pursuit of knowledge.
You are more well-versed in these ways.

FOU, may you elaborate on the issue of your sudden certainty that nqt was rigging the match?
... please quote the post in which I said anything of the sort.
Okay.
First up, please spell my username correctly.
Second up: I'm telling people to vote NQT because I think he's scum.
Your plea is moving, but the mounting evidence leads me to maintain my scary red text.

For everyone: Who here do you trust the most, from order of most to least, to be on your side?
To answer my question-
4maskwolf, H4zardZ1 and notquitethere. 4maskwolf has been trying to get people scumhunting. H4zardZ1 has been relatively innocuous and notquitethere has been tearing down bandwagons. Not enough to convince me beyond a reasonable doubt, but enough to bring doubt.
I'm letting off the scary red hook because FallacyofUrist seems more suspicious now. HLG is all over the place.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 17, 2015, 10:37:37 am »

For everyone: Who here do you trust the most, from order of most to least, to be on your side?
Not sure. Grak certainly seems more trustworthy than most of the others, but I can't deny that his seemingly perfect playing could be a ruse. But that's the point of the game, so I shouldn't sweat it too much. LW seems quite a bit more trustworthy than Fallacy. Fallacy seems sketchier than LW, but McCoder feels sketchier than Fallacy. HLG is the bottom of the scummy-looking barrel. I'm not really sure about H4zard and the ICs, since they've all been quieter than everybody else, but I'd put their positioning floating somewhere around LW-Fallacy.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 17, 2015, 11:03:49 am »

The day is over when teneb gets here, so make sure your decisions are final. Hiddenleafguy is about to be lynched if I've counted right but it could end in a draw.

Loud Whispers, Tawa, please vote before the end of the day if you get here.

4mask, Tawa isn't going to be lynched today, who else is scummy?

Hiddenleafguy: As it looks like you might hang, now's the time to claim cop or jailer.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 17, 2015, 11:06:25 am »

Yeah, let's end this madness. Hiddenleafguy, I choose you.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 17, 2015, 11:33:33 am »

Okay then. I don't personally want Hiddenleafguy to be lynched today(although I do think he's scum) over Urist McCoder, because I think he's less dangerous as scum than Urist McCoder, but if it means lynching scum, I'm all in.

Sorry, hiddenleafguy, it looks like you're our top scum pick. The other Urist gets the noose tomorrow. Unvote Urist McCoder. Vote Hiddenleafguy.

Folks, this is why giving up is never a good idea. If I had given up the game under the pressure of five votes, I would be dead and the town would have wasted a lynch.

Loud Whispers, here's my trust-o-meter(trusted on top, not trusted on bottom):

FallacyofUrist(me)
Graknorke(incredibly good scum hunter)
4maskwolf(obsidian dagger to the scum's heart)
Notquitethere(less aggressive of a scum hunter, still a good player)
Tawarochir(eh, slightly shifty, still hunting pretty well)
Loud Whispers(you lack many posts with actual content, my gut is off on you)
H4zardZ1(blasted noob or devious scum?)
Hiddenleafguy(for obvious reasons, most likely scum, still small chance of just horrible noob)
Urist McCoder.(and you're at the bottom. active lurking, passiveness, bandwagoning. It's you who is scum.)

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 17, 2015, 12:06:13 pm »

Ahem, the defence would like to make an statement your honor. I would like to tell you all, I am not scum, do I have any proof, no. But even if I told you the greatest proof in all of the universe, it would do me no good. I am no cop or jailer, I am merely a member of this fine organization, a mere pawn in the great game of gods. So if you must, lynch me but beware, the betrayal you shall face, for it shall kill many of us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 17, 2015, 12:23:01 pm »

That says scum.

Note in the first post, one of the rules is "play to win". I hope that doesn't count as quoting the mod, but I don't thank it should. That defense is- that isn't a defense.

You could have logiced it out, tried to actually fight for your survival. Instead... you just gave up. That, plus a double dose of passiveness, marks you as scum. This makes me want to keep my vote on you even more.

This is likely your last chance to logically explain why you are not scum instead of being passive noobscum. Please, explain thoroughly, or suffer the consequences.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 17, 2015, 12:46:31 pm »

That isn't a defence. A defence would look at your actions before now and your motives doing them to show that it's things that it wouldn't make sense for scum to do.
Then again, that might be hard for you since a good portion of your posts so far have been bordering on shitposting, or at the very least of no real substance in terms of trying to root out the match fixers. Instead you just kind of weakly recycle arguments like you want to stay out of it. You're doing that right now, even. I don't know if you thought that giving up would make people think you're town, but it won't.

Ninjad: And this ended up being pretty much what Fallacy said.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 35