Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 35

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LV: Masked Trouble - Scum Victory  (Read 48046 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LV: Masked Trouble - D1: Locker Room (9/9)
« Reply #255 on: July 16, 2015, 06:53:53 am »

It's all good and well to say that you think someone's scummy, but what I wanted really was for you to explain why. What about them was scummy?
Besides, there is literally every other player to pressure. I don't think you've even once really pressured anybody on anything, just voted for them with vague requests for nonspecific answers.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 16, 2015, 07:12:04 am »

The reason why I voted Fallacy Ian because my vote didn't go through earlier. And yes I edited in a sentence because I realized I missed the second part of the question.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 16, 2015, 07:21:35 am »

Coder, why do you think there's nobody else to pressure?
I edited in a sentence
*twitch*
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 16, 2015, 07:28:12 am »

not so much no one else. it is more of that I can not find an angle that gives me something to push with.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 16, 2015, 07:39:06 am »

Why are you having trouble finding an angle? LW and H4zard have been pretty quiet, Fallacy suggested that Grak and I could be a scumteam, HLG is suspicious to the point that he's edited his posts, and there's been suspicion thrown on both ICs. You could have easily pressured anybody, and yet you decided to hammer on Fallacy again, who had basically every vote on him and found out the hard way that coming across as slightly insane isn't the proper way to conduct an interrogation.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 16, 2015, 08:02:23 am »

Post, one post and I already explained why I did so in my earlier post, do you want me to edit it back?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 16, 2015, 08:05:47 am »

Post, one post and I already explained why I did so in my earlier post, do you want me to edit it back?
No post editing, even to edit what you'd edited. It's a cardinal rule in forum mafia.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 16, 2015, 08:29:23 am »

The Fallacious Urist, not to be confused with the Coder Urist, sure was sweating a lot under his mask. Probably. It is hard to tell. Still, there was a lot of pressure on him right now. For his sake, it better be just the others' imagination, since poor mask hygiene was, as per the byzantine rules of Luchabowl, an offense punishable by disqualification.

IMPORTANT: The votecount format is Voted[number]: Voters (so, for example: Teneb[1]: Flarbot). People with 0 votes on them will not appear.

Hiddenleafguy[2]: H4zardZ1, notquitethere
FallacyofUrist[5]: Tawarochir, Loud Whispers, 4maskwolf, Hiddenleafguy, Urist McCoder
Urist McCoder[1]: Graknorke
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 16, 2015, 09:01:40 am »

not so much no one else. it is more of that I can not find an angle that gives me something to push with.
No way is there absolutely nothing. Fallacy has proposed a whole bunch of his scum suspects that he brought up, which you could look into and flesh out the justifications for. And original arguments are abound: h4zard and Hidden both have been light on the posting so far, and I'm pretty sure that Taw, 4mask, and myself have not once been put under any suspicion the entire game. There's got to be something there, but instead you limply throw your vote after wherever is the easiest to fit in.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 16, 2015, 09:02:17 am »

How much time till night?

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 16, 2015, 09:18:58 am »

Coder: You can press on Hiddenleafguy who bandwagoned and edited their post, or just unvote.
Hiddenleafguy: Don't worry, beginners make the same mistake. Also; the 'I am town' thing is already done. You probably missed the party. Do you want to still vote on FallacyofUrist? 
Extension. It is ~2 days left, and we could extend 1 OR 3 more; depending on whenever Weekends time is on the list or not.
I'm still not unvoting yet.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 16, 2015, 09:25:59 am »

You can press on Hiddenleafguy who bandwagoned and edited their post, or just unvote.
Wow that sure does read a lot like you're trying to deflect votes from Fallacy, above all else. I'm not going to aggressively jump on it straight away, but just know that it didn't go unnoticed, and will be factored into future judgements.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 16, 2015, 09:36:51 am »

It's my policy to oppose extension: long days are bad for activity and don't necessarily aid scumhunting. I think of mafia like a boardgame: people who take ages taking their turn make the game less fun.

At the moment we're heading for a Fallacy lynch. This is an interesting situation as all but myself have at one time or other voted Fallacy. This gives us a lot of information regardless of how they flip. However, I also suspect it means they're not actually scum. Informative lynches are better than nothing but we should always be trying to actually hit scum.

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 16, 2015, 09:39:00 am »

How much time till night?
Why do you want to know?

NQT
I was under the impression that extension are always good for the town

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 16, 2015, 09:48:47 am »

NQT
I was under the impression that extension are always good for the town
Not in the long run. The longer the game goes on, the higher chance of lower partipation levels. Shorter days force players to engage and make decisions, which puts additional pressure on the mafia. Taking extensions is like drinking whiskey to cure a hangover.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 35