Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 35

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LV: Masked Trouble - Scum Victory  (Read 47894 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LV: Masked Trouble - Sign Ups Closed (9/9)
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2015, 10:47:03 am »

Oh shit this is actually happening?

I need to find my start-of-game advice post.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2015, 10:48:18 am »

Will sleep soon. Except no posts from me at the beginning to the game.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2015, 10:49:05 am »

Do or do not, there is no try, at least that's what the old man in hut told me.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2015, 11:15:58 am »

Locking the thread until I get everything out (Day1 post, PMs, etc)
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2015, 12:36:01 pm »

The competition started. Everyone was having a great time. Or so it seemed. You know better, of course. But who? Could the cheater be the one in the red mask? Or maybe the blue? Or both? None?

None of you are up for a fight for a few hours. Could this be time enough to figure out the cheater? You certainly hope so. And thus you gather in the locker room, with your peers to discern the truth for great justice in the name of all luchadores everywhere.

It is now D1. It ends Friday, 17th of July, at 14:30 BRT (GMT-3). 5 votes are needed for an extension.

Not Voting: Graknorke, Loud Whispers, FallacyofUrist, Urist McCoder, Tawarochir, H4zardZ1, Hiddenleafguy, notquitethere, 4maskwolf
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LV: Masked Trouble - D1: Locker Room (9/9)
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2015, 12:37:18 pm »

Alright everyone, this is my IC voice.  Everything I say in italics in this game is pure, unfiltered advice to the new players.  If I make any assumptions as to alignment in italicized text it is theoretical only, although I may fail to specify in the moment.  You can trust that anything I say in italics is said with the best of intentions and irrespective of my alignment, although it is up to you what of my words you take to heart and what you decide is not for you.

I would like to start by informing everyone that my playstyle is NOT the playstyle of Bay12 Mafia as a whole.  In more complicated setups, I typically run a gambit-heavy playstyle focused around disrupting other people's plans with constantly-evolving gambits.  However, for this game, I will attempt to tone down my disruptiveness and nuisance-making that is the standard of my playstyle.

notquitethere and I will be your IC's for this game.  It is our job to give you advice on how to play the game in accordance with our understanding of the game.  Remember, however, that we are also your fellow players, and have an equal chance of being mafia any given one of you does.  ONLY the things that we say in IC text can be taken at face value, but I generally play a more honest game with new players.  We also have the privilege of being allowed to post IC advice while dead, to allow us to continue to advise new players.

If you have any questions about the game, about how we think to play, please ask.  There are many ways to play the game, and part of the reason I'm here is to provide an alternative way to go about playing.

When you play this game, remember that this is one of the hardest setups for town outside of bastard mods and some of Mephansteras's setups.  Without reliable power role support, the town is forced to go on gut alone, and particularly in beginner games this is incredibly unreliable.  If you are lynched as town or scum, don't worry about it too much, it probably just means you made a silly mistake that in most other games would be overlooked or moved on from.  D1 in particular is a dicey day: without any real information to go on, the town lynch is essentially who had a mistype or slip of the tongue close to the end of the day.  If you are lynched D1, don't worry too much about it or think that means you are a bad player: it just means that you got unlucky, essentially.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2015, 12:55:32 pm »

The name's NQT. I'm the other IC. Here's some mafia rules:

Spoiler: Rule 2: Post Often (click to show/hide)

I'm not going to have a special IC voice, but if you ask me a question about mafia theory or what's considered best play then I promise I will answer honestly. I encourage people to experiment and try different approaches but always have a justification for what you're doing. Our goal is two-fold in this game: have fun, and catch some scum. (Or, if you're mafia, 'have fun and pretend to catch scum'.)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2015, 01:05:44 pm »

So let's start with a light Random Vote Stage question. This gets the ball rolling and, if phrased cleverly, might ensnare someone. But these are mostly to start conversations.

Hiddenleafguy, what's your aim in this game?

Hazard, who's opening IC post did you like the most?

Urist McCoder, is this your first game?

Graknorke, you're scum and you think you know who the jailor and the cop are. Who do you kill first and why?

Loud Whispers, were you disappointed with your role at all?

4mask, what do you think about town lying?

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2015, 01:24:36 pm »

yes this is my first game, and I am so excited to play. nqt why are you so eager to vote?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2015, 01:42:14 pm »

Not at all good sir nqt, not at all! The good Luchadore Urist McCoder, does bring up a good point. It does seem suspicious that you are quick to begin naming names. Providing you are actually a rule-abiding Luchadore Urist McCoder. I shall await our Luchadore brethren to arrive in our discussion before people begin conspiratorially naming names and unmasking the masked.
The teal mask of Luchadore Whispers abides momentarily.

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2015, 01:48:37 pm »

why is your mask teal loud whispers?

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2015, 01:56:26 pm »

also nqt why didn't you ask Tawarochir anything, is he your scumbudy?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2015, 01:58:50 pm »

I fly the teal of my people, the honourable luchadores of the small town of Emuridan are tough and teal. What colour is your mask? There are a many red and blue luchadores... Who knows which red or blue is which?

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2015, 02:01:05 pm »

I would have to go with a lime green mask, purely because it is my favorite color. How much of a back story did you create loud whispers.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2015, 02:05:52 pm »

Hazard, who's opening IC post did you like the most?
... This isn't a competition, and that does nothing to help the game.

Loud Whispers, were you disappointed with your role at all?
Say it with me, kids.  ROLEFISHING!

4mask, what do you think about town lying?
In this setup? Almost always bad.  Are you trying to bait me into going on a pages-long rant?

I'll ask questions later, I'm busy.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 35