Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Author Topic: Lighthouse: The Age of Destiny, the Age of Ruin (OOC Thread. Game Started!)  (Read 20811 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Do we get control over the waitlisted characters when they appear? I'd like Nimvedih to be an eccentric shopkeeper, if possible.

By the way, rearrange the letters in Nimvedih's full name.
You actually play them when they appear :3
It's like, at the start, you aren't posting in thread, no, but you post IN PMs.
Then scheming and planning...

ah well, I wasn't expecting Hans to make it into something like the white company anyway. It's good to hear that he still will have some purpose in the story. Excited to learn what it is.
>.>
<.<
It was very hard to pick. Seriously. You can ask Draignean in PMs how I picked.
You are the only doctor.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

Kiss your girl (or boy) and pop your champagne corks, IC Thread is up and running! I'll have the links to your crib sheets updated in this thread as soon as possible.

Do we get control over the waitlisted characters when they appear? I'd like Nimvedih to be an eccentric shopkeeper, if possible.

By the way, rearrange the letters in Nimvedih's full name.

You'll mostly have control. You'll be able to do everything that you'd reasonably do, with the exception of joining the party permanently or giving them lots of stuff for free. No power gifts, an no assigning yourself to indefinite service. Other than that, you'll be pretty much free.

I've rearranged the letter's in Nim's name and made an ascot. I could also have made a hat or a brooch, but there weren't enough letters for something more elaborate.
Code: [Select]
       H M
        I
       N V
      D   E

Pretty sure mine's a villain, though. >8<:{D

Yours reminds me of Simon Phoenix. Mad Dog killer type and all that.

I am actually tearing up right now. Thank you so much for this setting.

No problem. Bear in mind that I'm not an EE guy, so, while I can do the theory and write speculative fiction on what it would be like... Well, it's not my area of expertise.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Hah, glad to see we kept Borou and Mara. Now to hope they survive the prologue. :P
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

I am unfamiliar with the character of Simon Pheonix, and am unsure what you mean by Mad Dog Killer.
If you mean a (TV TROPES WARNING) Psycho for Hire, sure.

I was imagining his personality as a Sadomasochistic Egomaniac; or about 40% Belkar Bitterleaf, 30% this guy (especially the obsession with growing stronger), 20% Gamzee Makara, 10% Equius Zahhak (same link as Gamzee). Except a lot less motivated and more laid back (by alcohol).
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

I am unfamiliar with the character of Simon Pheonix, and am unsure what you mean by Mad Dog Killer.

Gods, man, have you never seen Demolition Man? You must correct this misfortune.

Also, telling a story was indeed the best way to get into Mudren's character after the waiting period, I find.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm learning so much in narrative and plot construction, Draig. Thanks.

As an added note--there's no IC link in the OP!
And I'm getting jitters when re-reading Joan's part. Nostalgia hits; it reminds me of when I first entered the RtD board and 'Oh wow the colors and story...'
Thanks again.
That brightened up my day.
A lot.
Stories are nice.

Also, I'm totally lost what to reply on 'where are we'.  :P
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 10:01:21 am by Tiruin »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, you weren't really asked for the location of the caravan. You were jokingly asked for the name of a land where chattel and their riders are upside down. Not a really serious question, and you don't really need to give a serious answer. If you want to give a serious reply, then you're still in the hinterlands at the edge of the Light of Resolve. No man's land.

Gods, man, have you never seen Demolition Man? You must correct this misfortune.

Also, telling a story was indeed the best way to get into Mudren's character after the waiting period, I find.

Demolition Man is indeed truly a great action flick, with a surprising number of covert references to more intellectual works.

Also, Baldman, you are now on the post-apocalypse party bus list.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

By the way, Nimvedih's last name is an anagram as well.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ensorceler, what do you mean by crystal goop? As in charging a crystal, setting its growth as amorphous, and then setting it into the crack? If so, how do intend to get it to bind to the wood?

As for the segments involving Murdren and Lora, I'm going to give Averrco and Joan a chance to say something before I move that along. Though Lora's appearance does give Joan the ability to completely and reasonably dodge Ralai's question.
---

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Suction? Maybe it isn't feasible, given that I don't know much about amorphous crystal, but if you did make a thin layer of amorphous crystal and forced it to expand small hollow bubbles, they would fill with what air remained. Moving the microbubbles to the edge and rupturing them would indeed make a decent seal, especially considering the total surface on the cross section of a log and the inherent matching ridges of wood split with the grain.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Possible, I'm not an expert on glass-like crystals (or normal crystal, for that matter) either, but two points. One, that is an very complex bit of manipulation, and would probably difficult just to get right when the crystal layer was still energized. Two, lampade crystal can only enter an amorphous state when actively charged and bleeding charge. It's why primarily amorphous constructs, like Harts, absolutely require large amounts of energy.
---

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, you weren't really asked for the location of the caravan. You were jokingly asked for the name of a land where chattel and their riders are upside down. Not a really serious question, and you don't really need to give a serious answer. If you want to give a serious reply, then you're still in the hinterlands at the edge of the Light of Resolve. No man's land.
Hoo x_x
This is what I meant by my words are messy. I really got the gist that he was not serious :P but I am unsure how to reply to these things!
...Joan mimics my interactions >_>

Possible, I'm not an expert on glass-like crystals (or normal crystal, for that matter) either, but two points. One, that is an very complex bit of manipulation, and would probably difficult just to get right when the crystal layer was still energized. Two, lampade crystal can only enter an amorphous state when actively charged and bleeding charge. It's why primarily amorphous constructs, like Harts, absolutely require large amounts of energy.
Are the crystals affected by the surrounding atmosphere? Say, a fog-like surrounding; is the light affected by such matter just like in reality? :P

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hoo x_x
This is what I meant by my words are messy. I really got the gist that he was not serious :P but I am unsure how to reply to these things!
...Joan mimics my interactions >_>

Well then you can reply to Lora instead and avoid the question, that works too.

Are the crystals affected by the surrounding atmosphere? Say, a fog-like surrounding; is the light affected by such matter just like in reality? :P

Of course, it's light. Magically controlled light, but still light. Atmospheric conditions have the effects you'd expect. A lumomancer can mitigate the effects (so lumomancy isn't completely useless in rain/fog/dust/etc) by actively controlling and bending light, but the light itself is fairly mundane once released.
---

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But I was making a post and then new replies happened. :-\

Of course, it's light. Magically controlled light, but still light. Atmospheric conditions have the effects you'd expect. A lumomancer can mitigate the effects (so lumomancy isn't completely useless in rain/fog/dust/etc) by actively controlling and bending light, but the light itself is fairly mundane once released.
...This gives me great creativity when a fog rolls around. We can do shadow play.
And maybe spooky shadow army to bolster our 'numbers' in the case of passing through a fog.
Or phantoms in the shade.
Or...
Oh this is going to be fun. With physics.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But I was making a post and then new replies happened. :-\

You can play it so that Lora swoops down after you've had a word or two with Ralai, that works as well. You wouldn't have long, but time is flexible.

...This gives me great creativity when a fog rolls around. We can do shadow play.
And maybe spooky shadow army to bolster our 'numbers' in the case of passing through a fog.
Or phantoms in the shade.
Or...
Oh this is going to be fun. With physics.

Verily. Just remember that Lumomancy is the branch of magic that almost everyone can work to one extent or another. The shadow army of evil prank has probably been played by every big brother/sister since lumomancy became common. People think in terms of basic lumomancy as easily as you or I can think in basic numbers.
---
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15