Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3249 3250 [3251] 3252 3253 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6121934 times)

steel jackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [UNIQUE_DEMON]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #48750 on: November 02, 2016, 08:39:52 pm »

Just got to see my clumsy 43.05 fortress in Armok Vision for the first time... It's glorious. http://imgur.com/a/L4xjb

mother of god armok vision looks amazing.
your fort is pretty good looking too.

as for me, i have found an embark with a volcano, 3 magma tubes, 11 miracle poles, sand, fire clay, a brook, trees, galena, tetrahedrite, native copper, native gold, some other ores i dont remember,and it has a tower and goblins as neighbors.

i think i have finally found an embark to work on my next long term fort!
i am a dwarf and im digging a hole, diggy diggy hole

my art: http://www.furaffinity.net/gallery/tylerrobotnik/

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48751 on: November 02, 2016, 09:17:51 pm »

Have been playing without DFhack for a while.
The only thing I can't get used to is I have to select materials every time I want to construct something.

azrael4h

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Dwarf Fortress-centric You Tube videos, part of my nominally vintage gaming channel.
« Reply #48752 on: November 03, 2016, 04:58:13 am »

Yara the cyclops, fearsome beast from the depths of time, visited Rewardpages. He met a leaving merchant on the western slopes. Not a guard, merchant. He died to said merchant, on the western slopes. Wasted 5 minutes going through the siege preparations, sealing gates and calling up the military to their positions. 

Maybe the kid playing the elf arm will enjoy his new playmate at least.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48753 on: November 04, 2016, 02:36:02 pm »

Have been playing without DFhack for a while.
The only thing I can't get used to is I have to select materials every time I want to construct something.

This is the worst thing to me every time there is a new major release. I cannot handle it.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48754 on: November 04, 2016, 02:57:12 pm »

There is a mostly functional bleeding edge alpha for current release.

steel jackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [UNIQUE_DEMON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48755 on: November 04, 2016, 03:29:48 pm »

im playing with dfhack and the game randomly crashes a lot, ive noticed that it mainly crashes when i do v-i-g (switching from viewing a dwarfs inventory to viewing their general information) but its also crashed for seemingly no reason.

so yeah if you use dfhack you should save frequently to avoid major losses
i am a dwarf and im digging a hole, diggy diggy hole

my art: http://www.furaffinity.net/gallery/tylerrobotnik/

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48756 on: November 04, 2016, 03:58:16 pm »

I mean I use it, but there is always a time period in which is it not available and it is the worst thing.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Henry47

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48757 on: November 04, 2016, 09:32:36 pm »

I built a obsidian caster to turn the magma surrounding the candy vanes into obsidian, allowing me to gain better access to the stuff. Alas, due to some design flaws there were still a few pockets of magma in the obsidian cast, which has forced me to drain the thing of water and do some more work. This is a quite a common thing with my grand projects, i build them, and then have to spend just as long correcting the design flaws so they work properly.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48758 on: November 04, 2016, 09:36:10 pm »

Don't get greedy with the caster. Only one level at a time.

I find that plumbing in a set amount of magma first, then dumping water on top, has the best results.

Pockets of unreacted water are less harmful to dwarves.

rhavviepoodle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48759 on: November 05, 2016, 12:39:23 am »

My possessed bowyer decided to grab a particular piece of pomelo wood that a werepig that previously attacked my fort used to beat one of my visitors to death.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The end result was this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Judgedsoak is a surprisingly apt name, considering it was still smeared with Rodem's blood when my bowyer made the artifact. It's not the fanciest thing, but it should be just as good as any other artifact crossbow, so I can't complain.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #48760 on: November 05, 2016, 09:08:20 am »

I mean I use it, but there is always a time period in which is it not available and it is the worst thing.

I'm confused, when I use dfhack I basically play the game exactly the same, all I use it for is hacking in items nd liquids. What do you use it for?
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48761 on: November 05, 2016, 09:23:31 am »

I'm confused, when I use dfhack I basically play the game exactly the same, all I use it for is hacking in items nd liquids. What do you use it for?
For me, the biggest utility of DFHack is the 'dig vein' command.  So much better than messing with 'automine' settings in vanilla.

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48762 on: November 05, 2016, 10:17:59 am »

I'm trying to block the cavern lakes with obsidian walls.
But maybe I have failed because the lake spans 2 z levels.

I wonder if I can fix it by turning the walls into fortifications, so I can pour magma down them into the water below?

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #48763 on: November 05, 2016, 11:59:21 am »

Pre-embark, useful for rapidly evaluating embarks with prospect, reveal, probe, showbiomes, embark-tools and die.

Post-embark: quicksave, die, various management simplification scripts (workflow, workshop-job, automelt/trade), search/filter plugin, scripts that stop cursor/location in list jumping to start every time when returning, almost all tweaks and fixes, various designating helpers such as buildingplan, automaterial, labour management scripts such as autohauler and manipulator, additional information provided by things like view-item-info, renaming and saving settings for stockpiles/levers/etc, open-legends sometimes for unusual events or people I'm curious about and probably quite a few more I'm forgetting.

Having semi-recently played in 43.05, I've got to say vanilla play the various UI helping things being missing is most annoying.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48764 on: November 05, 2016, 12:28:15 pm »

im playing with dfhack and the game randomly crashes a lot, ive noticed that it mainly crashes when i do v-i-g (switching from viewing a dwarfs inventory to viewing their general information) but its also crashed for seemingly no reason.

so yeah if you use dfhack you should save frequently to avoid major losses
What OS and architecture (32/64-bit) are you using? Does ":lua ~df.global.ui_unit_view_mode" work or crash? It seems to work for me on OS X, but it's possible that that address could be wrong somewhere else (although I don't see anything obviously wrong with the other addresses).

The purpose of the alpha build is so people test and report things like this. If you don't report them, we will not know about them, we will not fix them, and the "stable" release will crash in exactly the same way. (This is the first time I've checked this thread since June 27, 2014, so it's lucky that I noticed this.)

Anyway, I mainly use the UI improvements too. Also quicksave, which I particularly recommend when you're worried about crashes (although you should probably test it before you've done anything important, in case it crashes too).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.
Pages: 1 ... 3249 3250 [3251] 3252 3253 ... 3842