Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3143 3144 [3145] 3146 3147 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6121412 times)

Bacos666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #47160 on: April 14, 2016, 02:44:26 pm »

Aren't kennels only for small animals though?

Hmm... I always thought that I needed kennels for war or hunting training before the job will spawn from marked animals. I'm pretty sure that was a requirement in previous versions.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #47161 on: April 14, 2016, 04:48:30 pm »

...yeah. In VERSION 23 POINT FRICKIN A
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Bacos666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47162 on: April 14, 2016, 06:42:34 pm »

...yeah. In VERSION 23 POINT FRICKIN A

Yeah, so it practically just changed. I can't be expected to keep up with the fast pace of these updates! :P I guess old habits die hard.

Anyway, I'm stumped as to the problem... Maybe the dogs are caged/chained/pastured outside the training zone?  Or maybe they aren't properly set for war training with 'any trainer' in the animal tab?

Ok... I'll play tech support, then. Have you checked to see if your dogs are alive? :P

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47163 on: April 14, 2016, 07:07:02 pm »

Setting dogs to train (war/hunting) on the animal screen should be all you need to do (can pick a specific trainer there too if you want). The trainer will get round to it when he has time (helps if dogs are in a zone).

Once the dogs are trained you can assign them to whoever you like. But, the preferences screen is a bit screwy and sometimes doesn't update. It'll still say 'no animals available' even if they become available. Switch to inventory and back, should update.

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47164 on: April 14, 2016, 11:02:36 pm »

Some moody dwarf just created a gold war hammer.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #47165 on: April 14, 2016, 11:18:02 pm »

Some moody dwarf just created a gold war hammer.
Ooooh, nice. Ought to make a good weapon, due to gold being heavier than silver.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47166 on: April 14, 2016, 11:46:30 pm »

No more trees!!!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #47167 on: April 15, 2016, 07:49:20 am »

[Elves gasping in horror]
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #47168 on: April 15, 2016, 09:00:31 am »

No more trees!!!
Man, if I was an elf, I'd be real truggruded right now.

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47169 on: April 15, 2016, 01:16:49 pm »

No more trees!!!

You have disrespected the trees in this area, but this is what we have come to expect from your stunted kind. Further abuse... Oh, wait.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47170 on: April 15, 2016, 02:55:19 pm »

That was... interesting, to say the least. Graspinghammer basically just exploded.

I was watching stuff get dumped when suddenly most of the fortress collapsed solid, the circus became visible ("Horrifying screams come from the darkness below!") and just about every merchant and diplomat who had ever visited Graspinghammer dropped from the sky, badly injured. All my dwarves are uninjured but trapped underground, some in neat 1x1 pockets in the middle of nowhere.

I suspect my version of dfhack isn't as fresh as it should be. Time for a savescum and a some updating.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 02:58:46 pm by Staalo »
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #47171 on: April 15, 2016, 02:58:06 pm »

That was... interesting, to say the least. Graspinghammer basically just exploded.

I was watching stuff get dumped when suddenly the most of the fortress collapsed solid, the circus became visible ("Horrifying screams come from the darkness below!") and just about every merchant and diplomat who had ever visited Graspinghammer dropped from the sky, badly injured. All my dwarves are uninjured but trapped underground, some in neat 1x1 pockets in the middle of nowhere.

I suspect my version of dfhack isn't as fresh as it should be. Time for a savescum and a some updating.

Maybe some bookkeeper tried to divide by zero?

Nonetheless, a thing worthy of sharing a save of!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #47172 on: April 15, 2016, 03:40:04 pm »

No more trees!!!

Nice going, you just ate your most efficient source of wood. I've never managed to make an indoor, tree-growth-friendly space big enough to be more efficient than just getting them outside.

Okay, I could back before trees got swol. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #47173 on: April 15, 2016, 05:24:12 pm »

You used open-legends. Don't use open-legends. Use the old trick of save duplication and retiring.

It's slow, but it never causes a crash. To this day, I don't know whether it was open-legends or tiletypes, but others have reported it was open-legends. So. That's what it is.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47174 on: April 15, 2016, 05:36:24 pm »

A proper siege at last! Gobbos, elven recruits, beak dogs and trolls! But most surprising was a visit by a human crossbowman. For some reason he attacked a gobbo invader, who deflected the bolt, and a goblin bowman attacked the crossbowman in turn. The visitor decided to dodge - into the ocean. And drowned. Huh.

His famous last words were "Help! Save me!".
Pages: 1 ... 3143 3144 [3145] 3146 3147 ... 3842