Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3092 3093 [3094] 3095 3096 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6095077 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #46395 on: February 26, 2016, 08:12:14 pm »

LOL. My queen just got sentenced to 51 days in prison for violating an export prohibition issued by her husband, the duke. One of their children is in for two hammerstrikes. One happy family.

Hmmm. Apparently, an artefact bone hammer made by a craftsdwarf mood is not an appropriate weapon for hammerstrikes.
I got the hammerer cancels excecute prisoner: no weapon for execution messages, even though the bone hammer is free and available in a stockpile near the prisons.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 08:17:18 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46396 on: February 26, 2016, 08:21:55 pm »

Hmmm. Apparently, an artefact bone hammer made by a craftsdwarf mood is not an appropriate weapon for hammerstrikes.
I got the hammerer cancels excecute prisoner: no weapon for execution messages, even though the bone hammer is free and available in a stockpile near the prisons.

Did you actually squad up the hammerer and assign them one as a uniform?
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #46397 on: February 26, 2016, 08:22:59 pm »

nope. I thought it was a 'civilian' job that requires a freely available hammer

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46398 on: February 26, 2016, 08:29:46 pm »

nope. I thought it was a 'civilian' job that requires a freely available hammer

Huehuehue. Controlling how hammertastic their hammerings are would be nearly impossible if that was the case. ;w;
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

mirrizin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46399 on: February 26, 2016, 08:54:45 pm »

Getting close to completing statue #2, contemplating building the royal chambers, figuring out how to lure the FB to its doom so I can retire this fort properly...

And a werebear shows up and manages to bite Amost the adept glassmaker before being slain by the militia.

This could get interesting...

Worst case scenario, I won't have to worry about the overcrowded tavern and surplus entertainers...  :o

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #46400 on: February 26, 2016, 10:19:24 pm »

The old hammered noble couldn't even be enlisted, so he used his own civilian hammer. I'm talking 2d times.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #46401 on: February 26, 2016, 10:34:48 pm »

Yep, that's where I got that from too haha

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #46402 on: February 27, 2016, 03:39:24 am »

I got attacked by an ettin. Everyone ran inside, except for one brewer who decided they could take it on by themself.
Their cousin saw them getting attacked and ran back to help... It was almost a great story. Except for how the ettin just bashed their heads together so hard they exploded.

The military showed up and killed the ettin with no injuries though, which was nice. Especially considering I have no metal. (Only just pierced the aquifer, I have no wood left, and the only ore I've found is platinum.) My military currently has an iron spear, a steel spear, a steel battleaxe, and a -<-bronze sword->-. The rest are still using training weapons and everyone has leather armour.

Henry47

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46403 on: February 27, 2016, 05:47:48 am »

This appeared out of nowhere
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Fortunately my military gang-rushed them, killing it in a matter of seconds. I checked them all for injurys, and none seemed to be bitten, so all's well.
In happier news, i got my first request for citizenship, from a dwarf scholar who wrote, amoung many others, the book "Exploring Propaganda". Maybe giving him citizenship was not the right idea?

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #46404 on: February 27, 2016, 10:15:57 am »

This appeared out of nowhere
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Fortunately my military gang-rushed them, killing it in a matter of seconds. I checked them all for injurys, and none seemed to be bitten, so all's well.
In happier news, i got my first request for citizenship, from a dwarf scholar who wrote, amoung many others, the book "Exploring Propaganda". Maybe giving him citizenship was not the right idea?

Don't worry!

It's propaganda for use on the elves!

So that they don't get pissed off over trees!

DoktaYut

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME:OCEAN_DEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46405 on: February 27, 2016, 11:55:39 am »

Apparently a random weremonkey decided to attack my fort right as the human caravan was leaving. I only found out by following the merchants and seeing they were getting mauled by something I couldn't see, then checking the reports.

It was so busy with the caravan guards it turned back into a human and had to leave before I even got the announcement it had arrived. I never even saw the thing. I feel slightly disappointed about this.
This is a Bay 12 Forum Post. Written on the item is a signature entitled Thoughts on Signatures, authored by Dokta Yut. It concerns the elaboration, selection and display of forum signatures. The writing is very concise, yet it has a touch of humor. Overall, the prose is not awful, but not very good either.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46406 on: February 27, 2016, 11:57:00 am »

On the plus side, the human civ now probably has a bunch of werebeast historical figures wandering round.
One wheel short of a wagon

DoktaYut

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME:OCEAN_DEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46407 on: February 27, 2016, 11:59:28 am »

Hopefully.

Ordering an engraving made about this individual, I ended up finding out he was ascended to Sacred Wheel of some organization called the Coven of Walks around 80 years ago. I have no idea what being a sacred wheel of something means, however.

I also found out that, of the two guys that died, I can only order an engraving about one, the other doesn't show up on the historical figures list. Weird. Oh well, no memorial engraving for you, random maceman.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 12:07:51 pm by DoktaYut »
This is a Bay 12 Forum Post. Written on the item is a signature entitled Thoughts on Signatures, authored by Dokta Yut. It concerns the elaboration, selection and display of forum signatures. The writing is very concise, yet it has a touch of humor. Overall, the prose is not awful, but not very good either.

Dustin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46408 on: February 27, 2016, 12:48:44 pm »

Right now i just started a new fort, right next literally right next to a gob fortress, not elven goblin
Should we have embarked right next to a goblin fortress?
Yes we should have, no Goblins yet *yet*
Hi. I'm Dwarf fortress, and I'm a crashaholic

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #46409 on: February 27, 2016, 12:50:24 pm »

Odd. Spring arrived, one of my expedition leader's cats died of old age.
First, a dwarf hauled it to the refuse stockpile.
Then, another dwarf put it in a minecart.
Then a third dwarf came and guided the minecart to the refuse quantum dump.
Only after it was dumped there, did I get the 'Urist Mcfluffy, cat has been found dead'. While it was being hauled to the stockpile, and put in the minecart, it was still missing.

Hauling dwarf 1 "ugh gross, there's something dead lying there. I can't look, too gross! I'll just put on some rubber gloves and haul it to the refuse pile without looking, or I'll surely puke"
Hauling dwarf 2 "yuck! WTH did they put in the refuse pile now. I can't look, too gross. I'll just heel-kick it into the minecart."
Cart-pushing dwarf. "Oh hey chief, I found your cat! I think it died in that minecart!"
Urist McSchrodinger. "Has anyone seen my cat? I seem to have misplaced it"

EDIT: holy! The elves brought me a mate for my giant saltwater croc. Gizzard stones incoming haha.
But the holy is for just how much that croc weighs. In the trade screen, it says it weighs 10814 urists. A non giant saltwater croc, which this caravan also brings me, only weighs 864 urists.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 01:06:36 pm by martinuzz »

Pages: 1 ... 3092 3093 [3094] 3095 3096 ... 3842