Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2976 2977 [2978] 2979 2980 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6091950 times)

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #44655 on: December 18, 2015, 05:23:58 pm »

So, the invaders felled the titan, but not before it claimed a great many of their lives. A few invaders managed to get past the trapline and smashed the trade depot, but that's okay, it was wood anyways. Though my dogs gave their lives valiantly, I lost no dwarfs. The siege was broken utterly; all that remains now are 3 trolls. One of them is unharmed and hasn't gotten himself off the map yet; the other two are a bit more of an issue. One has her right upper leg and both her lower legs mangled beyond recognition, while the other is missing his left horn, has a right upper leg that is mangled beyond recogniton and has his right lower arm, right lower leg and left upper leg fractured. Normally, I'd be happy to let them bleed to death, but they're INSIDE MY FORT and everyone refuses to go near them.
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #44656 on: December 18, 2015, 08:56:40 pm »

a werelizard managed to kill my captain of the guard, and bite one of my civilians before being pummedled to death with goblets by the military.
I drafted the poor sod straight from the hospital into the military, so she'd be surrounded by 'friends' when she turned.

Sadly, when she turned, she managed to latch on to her 2 month old baby's head, and rip it off before being dispatched by her squad mates. Oh, and she also put a chockehold on her 10 year old son who had rushed to avenge his baby sister's death, and strangled him to death. So very DF.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 08:58:53 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44657 on: December 18, 2015, 09:13:51 pm »

My world has passed into The Age of Goblins. My slaughter of 2 semi-megabeasts and a titan no doubt brought this about. I wonder to myself: can I kill enough goblins at my fort to end their age?

Oh, speaking of goblins, here's another siege. 300.....that's almost as many as the traps in my near-complete trapline. Hm, I think I need a bigger trapline.....

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44658 on: December 18, 2015, 09:20:30 pm »

My militia commander, of her own free will, by the grace of Armok and Ugath (local deity of dreams and nightmares), has removed a cap from her head, and donned a steel helm!

I didn't even have to specify "replace clothing"!  It's a miracle!!
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44659 on: December 18, 2015, 09:21:31 pm »

Inkblots has lost over half its population several times.  This is... unusual for my forts.

The first time was to a flying FB.  Eh, it happens.  Webby flying beakless sparrow, one eye, three tails, all trouble.  Got tired of slaughtering everything (EVERYTHING) in the first cavern and flew in through the damn well.  Militia was killed, but enough dwarves dogpiled it that it ended up dead.

Second time was to a goblin bowman siege group.  Been a long time since I saw the dwarves do the Headless Chicken Dance.  During the time of .40.X, I seem to have forgotten how to prepare for real, honest-to-god goblin sieges.  This should be fun.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #44660 on: December 18, 2015, 09:23:08 pm »

Remember when I said Admiredbrass would fall if I got another victory like that?

I got another victory like that.

Everyone is dead but one kid, playing in his room.

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44661 on: December 18, 2015, 09:48:25 pm »

The trolls and beakdogs absorbed the brunt of the falling stones, allowing the goblins to get through and wreak havoc. Oh well, time for another fort....

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #44662 on: December 18, 2015, 10:51:17 pm »

Which is why you use drawbridges and cage traps.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44663 on: December 18, 2015, 11:25:45 pm »

A parakeet woman bard visited my fort, and just flies in mid-air a good distance from my fort.  Wonder if I should report it as a bug.

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44664 on: December 19, 2015, 12:06:23 am »

Which is why you use drawbridges and cage traps.
And where is the fun in that? Nowhere, I tell you! Still, for my next fort, I think I'll make a failsafe magma-lock to kill everything that the trapline doesn't....

Glyphon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #44665 on: December 19, 2015, 12:21:34 am »

I cried.

Goblins attacked my 50ish strong fort, every animal and all but two people survived, a mother and her son who was incapacitated during the slaughter. for two weeks that mother did nothing but look after her son in his bed and in the end he died anyway, after which she just walked slowly out the fortress, through all the still, silent blood and bodies and drowned herself...

I stopped playing after that.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44666 on: December 19, 2015, 12:56:28 am »

so started a dwarf fort on a glacier

had it get wrecked by zombie Puffins,

returned to the place as goblins and walled them in outside of one fishergoblin.

who got murdered by a rotting cat, who now keeps killing yetis on the surface.

I’m going to start a inn at the top and see if I can sacrifice more people to the murdercat
oh and one of the dead dwarves turn into a ghost soo that's going to be FUN.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Lordhermitcrab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44667 on: December 19, 2015, 01:09:21 am »

Suddenly out of nowhere, all my dwarves decide that it's a great idea to completely ignore all the food that needs to be put away. Excellent.

Yes, all the fields full of withering plants, the entire refuse pile full of masterwork apple roasts and rotting fish, because of you, dwarves.

I don't know what's going down here. The food stockpile isn't even full yet.
THE CONCRETE IS ON FIRE

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #44668 on: December 19, 2015, 03:19:14 am »

My dorfs kept doing that, too. I'm still not sure why, since it turned out that altering hauling settings only fixed it for a short while.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
  • Sweet flaming monkey fire WHY are they doing that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44669 on: December 19, 2015, 05:23:12 am »

One of my dorfs got possessed and made an artifact statue. I'm going to put it into the centre of my non-denominational temple... as soon as i figure out how to get it out of the damn wheel barrow.
Pages: 1 ... 2976 2977 [2978] 2979 2980 ... 3842