Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2899 2900 [2901] 2902 2903 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6099431 times)

Wormser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #43500 on: October 24, 2015, 11:58:16 am »

At voidspider, the elves sent their diplomat to complain of the tree-felling ways of the dwarves.  This caravan disappointed with some monkeys and cat-like creatures (Bobcat, Jackal, Ocelot).  After that one year with the rhinoceros, I'm disappointed in the elves.  They may get trade this year, but they might have problems if they disappoint again.

On another note, I've apparently got 600+ bars of lead at Voidspider, and don't know what to do with it!

Make crutches an splints out of them... I did. =^.^=

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #43501 on: October 24, 2015, 12:02:07 pm »

On another note, I've apparently got 600+ bars of lead at Voidspider, and don't know what to do with it!

A truly dwarfy solution is to make barrels out of lead.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #43502 on: October 24, 2015, 12:52:14 pm »

Or *snicker* toys for children.

Bonus points if the toy involves the child licking/swallowing it!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43503 on: October 24, 2015, 01:13:39 pm »

Or *snicker* toys for children.

Bonus points if the toy involves the child licking/swallowing it!
Hmm, I wonder If toady is adding pacifiers for kids in the next version?
Anyone wont some pacifiers, I make mine out of lead.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #43504 on: October 24, 2015, 01:43:44 pm »

Lead pacifiers? Pitchblende is where it's at.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43505 on: October 24, 2015, 02:01:33 pm »

Do you have any place where you need to drop invaders from a great height? Lead flooring. Masses of lead minecarts have also their uses.

Or just put someone to stud stuff with it on repeat; that's what I usually do with excess useless materials. It doesn't add weight or clutter and trains your craftsdwarves further towards perfection.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #43506 on: October 24, 2015, 02:19:54 pm »

Zombie siege. Fucked up on my estimation of pathing costs and basically let the entire siege waltz in and kill everyone. I had a chance to save a few by locking them up in the hospital, but then i got greedy and tried to save one more dwarf and a zombie got in there too.

At least I know what to fix for the reclaim.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43507 on: October 24, 2015, 03:41:15 pm »

That kid has made a crundle bone shield; while I'm disappointed he didn't use bones of more expensive creatures that I know damn well are lying around, I am glad that my commander now has a lightweight artifact shield. In other news, more animal babies are being born, and the trainers continue to procrastinate training them.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 03:44:15 pm by cochramd »
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43508 on: October 24, 2015, 04:59:24 pm »

Make wind instruments and give them as gifts to the elves.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43509 on: October 24, 2015, 05:34:00 pm »

Buckets and mugs is where it's at! Or paving your cistern. But you have far too much lead, sacrifice it to armok; toss 'er in the magma.
Moving on from deliberate brain damage, my fort is in a messy situation after my very fast built cistern leaked all over the shop. The general mood of the fort is borderline madness. First I've played with the new mood system. The sight of corpses bothers everyone a lot. Elves with beards! Let them go mad.
The strong shall survive.

Bakaridjan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43510 on: October 24, 2015, 05:47:41 pm »

Thanks to one of my Axe Lords not listening to that small inner voice (me) telling him to station with the others behind the 3rd Cavern doors he went one-on-one with a fire-shooting crab Forgotten Beast. I kept advancing it in small increments and then checking the reports. It was a pretty epic battle with lots of limbs being hacked off and a good 6x6 patch of chitin smear everywhere. It went for a page an half of reports, but the Axe Lord never got hit once and finished him off before the rest of the squad arrived. After vanquishing such a mighty foe single-handedly what's he thinking?...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43511 on: October 24, 2015, 06:04:19 pm »

Make wind instruments and give them as gifts to the elves.
I saw a gif somewhere around these forums earlier that would perfectly express both how heinous I find that and how much I approve of it, but it would be too troublesome to find it.

Anyhow, I have all the glass tubes and glass corkscrews I need for my great magma pump stack, but still feel like procrastinating its construction, so I've decided that the blocks used in its construction will be glass too. Question: will a pump stack still work if it is the top pump that's hooked up to a bunch of waterwheels instead of the bottom? I'd rather use my brook on the surface than create a dwarven water reactor at the bottom.

Also, how effective are large serrated discs when they are made of glass?
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

Iliithid

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank You, Friend Computer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43512 on: October 24, 2015, 07:05:56 pm »

I have the first dwarf I've ever seen wielding a pike, and it turns out she's one hell of a vampire:

"Here's a weapon of ridiculous destructive capability I invented, it is capable of wrecking tons of shit in horrific fashion... now I just need to figure out how to aim it."

That's absurdly dwarven of you, I'm so proud to be here to see it.

SirAero8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43513 on: October 24, 2015, 07:26:01 pm »

Been trying to start a war with the elves for a long time, killed 3 different groups of elf merchants, and no war. Finally, in the most recent group of elf merchants, one out of the five elves escaped. Hopefully that elf will be the spark for a war. Out of boredom, I flooded the lower caves with lava and killed a few dwarves in the process. Somehow, through the lava flooding my dwarves discovered adamantine. Worth a few dwarves to get it. Now starting a mission to get miners down there without risk of a lava-ey death. If the elves come to attack, my dwarves will be ready in adamantine.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #43514 on: October 24, 2015, 07:29:25 pm »

Anyhow, I have all the glass tubes and glass corkscrews I need for my great magma pump stack, but still feel like procrastinating its construction, so I've decided that the blocks used in its construction will be glass too. Question: will a pump stack still work if it is the top pump that's hooked up to a bunch of waterwheels instead of the bottom? I'd rather use my brook on the surface than create a dwarven water reactor at the bottom.

Also, how effective are large serrated discs when they are made of glass?
Yes, pumpstacks will work with a power source attached to the top rather than the bottom. As long as a source of power is attached to any of the pumps and all other pumps are attached to that pump, the whole thing will have power.

Serrated glass discs are a great cheap method of blending anything made of meat and poorly armored, like goblins.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 2899 2900 [2901] 2902 2903 ... 3842