Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2847 2848 [2849] 2850 2851 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6102126 times)

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #42720 on: August 14, 2015, 12:49:07 pm »

malimbar04, are you plagued by necromancers, or is the land around you suffering the curse of undeath?  I hope, if it's the latter, that you did that in a non-reanimating portion of your map...  *undead werecavies eat everyone*
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

SyrusLD

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42721 on: August 14, 2015, 01:44:14 pm »

Going by experience, menacing spikes - especially if it is 1380 (138 traps) of them - do quite a decent job. Upright Spikes linked to a lever in your dining room...lots of FUN for the FUN!

Violentlash. Such a wonderful place.

Wargolds currently possesses over 800 steel spears (I let the forges go on auto for a bit too long).

Re: this.

Besides that, well, Violentlash is in its 39th year now, going quite strong. The berserk goblin is slowly but surely going back to non-stressful stress levels. No signs of her becoming non-berserk though, then again, she is still at 200+k stress. I still doubt she will turn back, buuut...who knows!
Next year I'll just slaughter the elves coming to my fortress, maybe that'll make them unhappy at last...
Cave dragon breeding is going good, not like they are really useful at such young age, but ... maybe I'll just slaughter them or something. Still haven't gotten around to unleashing my flood of cave crocodiles - maybe I should figure out a way to safely release all my goblin/troll prisoners ... and then release my crocs on them!*

And I'm STILL waiting for jabberers to pop up in my cavern (there's only one 8| )...I so wish to breed them...hrrmphhh...
In Remembrance of Bengel Hairybasement,
Strangler of a Sasquatch, Troglodytes and a Cyclops,
Slayer of a Giantess, whom he burned alive.
Died in a Heroic Fight with a Grizzly Bear.

PyroTechno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42722 on: August 14, 2015, 10:57:57 pm »

Going by experience, menacing spikes - especially if it is 1380 (138 traps) of them - do quite a decent job. Upright Spikes linked to a lever in your dining room...lots of FUN for the FUN!

Violentlash. Such a wonderful place.

Wargolds currently possesses over 800 steel spears (I let the forges go on auto for a bit too long).

Re: this.

Besides that, well, Violentlash is in its 39th year now, going quite strong. The berserk goblin is slowly but surely going back to non-stressful stress levels. No signs of her becoming non-berserk though, then again, she is still at 200+k stress. I still doubt she will turn back, buuut...who knows!
Next year I'll just slaughter the elves coming to my fortress, maybe that'll make them unhappy at last...
Cave dragon breeding is going good, not like they are really useful at such young age, but ... maybe I'll just slaughter them or something. Still haven't gotten around to unleashing my flood of cave crocodiles - maybe I should figure out a way to safely release all my goblin/troll prisoners ... and then release my crocs on them!*

And I'm STILL waiting for jabberers to pop up in my cavern (there's only one 8| )...I so wish to breed them...hrrmphhh...

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_THINK:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42723 on: August 15, 2015, 02:07:03 am »

Lashedspear, my latest fortress in the long string of test forts as I got the minotaur civ up and running, has captured my attention even as the mod has continued to develop. I've already received three sieges from the minotaurs. The first one had eleven of the bullheaded critters, none wielding the special weapons I modded in. The second siege was composed of 14 dwarves with Minotaur-language names (evidently kidnapping victims or something). They, in fact, were wielding the new weapons.

Lastly, the third siege came with well over 40 minotaurs and trolls. I'm just glad my cage trap corridor was long enough.

It's not like I haven't had the time or steel to make a military, I just don't like any half measures so I've been waiting for legendary weaponsmiths and armorers before I begin the process of crafting the 40+ full sets of steel that I'll need to kit out my dwarves. And in the meantime I get to pirate the gear and melt down the bits and pieces that the minotaurs bring.

Weighted Silver Whip? Yes pls. :3
What would it be like to live in a world that was copy/pasted? Would we even notice? If not, how many times have we switched celestial harddrives or whatever?

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42724 on: August 15, 2015, 02:59:06 am »

Sudden appearence of soil where my dining room was meant to be threw some spanner in my already awkward design. Now dwarves will come to dining hall though the hatch.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #42725 on: August 15, 2015, 03:39:31 am »

Unretiring this fort brought a couple oddities. All friendly civs have merchants that keep hanging around, and there's an axelf(!) clad in full steel(!!!!!) just sort of loitering about. I also found a bin stuffed with a minecraft stuffed with more bins and various other pieces of armor seem to have warped off of my militia and onto the "Friendly" people on the map.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42726 on: August 15, 2015, 04:30:01 am »

Undead had came and slaughtered my fort before I even discovered metal. Such a shame.

I will now reclaim my fort with seven military dwarved. I already set up basic necessities, I just need to gain foothold until working immigrants come.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Xazo-Tak

• Bay Watcher
  • *Camping forever*
    • View Profile
« Reply #42727 on: August 15, 2015, 04:53:07 am »

Unretiring this fort brought a couple oddities. All friendly civs have merchants that keep hanging around, and there's an axelf(!) clad in full steel(!!!!!) just sort of loitering about. I also found a bin stuffed with a minecraft stuffed with more bins and various other pieces of armor seem to have warped off of my militia and onto the "Friendly" people on the map.
axelf
minecraft
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g0kYZhxpEI
How to have recursive Fun:
Have Fun
Reclaim fort
Destroy your main graveyard with a cave-in

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #42728 on: August 15, 2015, 07:17:25 am »

Undead had came and slaughtered my fort before I even discovered metal. Such a shame.

I will now reclaim my fort with seven military dwarved. I already set up basic necessities, I just need to gain foothold until working immigrants come.

Don'tcha know turtling is a good defense against anything?  Except your dwarves.  And undead dwarves.  And tantrumming dwarves.  And lazy, starving dwarves.  And buggy dwarves...  Dwarves.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42729 on: August 15, 2015, 07:20:31 am »

I turtled initially, sort of, but decided to risk it and fight four undeads. They were stronger then I expected. I also failed to unpack in timely manner.

Now I don't seem to get any migrants, even though I went through winter and spring.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42730 on: August 15, 2015, 09:23:52 am »

On second attempt turtling worked, but I still wanted a fight. I managed to break the siege, but somehow, I lost my veterans to zombie emu heads. Now I've got one recruit, I hope he can become a supreme fighter and avenge his comrades killing the dreaded emu heads before I abandon the fort.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #42731 on: August 15, 2015, 09:26:41 am »

Unretiring my fotress results in my liason becoming hostile to me.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42732 on: August 15, 2015, 09:46:31 am »

Apparently, undead emu heads are perfect to teach children how to fight. Unfortunately, they probably won't live to use those skills.

Some new migrants had arrived. I probably shouldn't have send them right away to fight emu heads in my dining room, but I guess if we can't take back food stockpile, we are as good as dead anyway.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #42733 on: August 15, 2015, 09:50:47 am »

Apparently, undead emu heads are perfect to teach children how to fight. Unfortunately, they probably won't live to use those skills.

Some new migrants had arrived. I probably shouldn't have send them right away to fight emu heads in my dining room, but I guess if we can't take back food stockpile, we are as good as dead anyway.
Chicken beaks.  i had some thralled chicken beaks in 34.11; and they were perfect for teaching dwarves how to fight.  At least for a year, dwarves would exhaust themselves unpon the beaks, until they would crawl out of combat as others charged the beak away from them.  Then one dwarf got nipped on the cheeck and some thralling dust got on him.  And we all died happily ever after.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42734 on: August 15, 2015, 09:54:11 am »

Question remains - are reanimated sculls even killable at all?

All my surviving troops are already legendary but no end is in sight.
Pages: 1 ... 2847 2848 [2849] 2850 2851 ... 3842