Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2137 2138 [2139] 2140 2141 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6097033 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #32070 on: January 01, 2014, 10:56:34 pm »

Secretive mood, a milker claimed a jeweller's shop. Also, 5 of my dwarves decided to take a nap next to the river.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #32071 on: January 01, 2014, 11:01:24 pm »

Dealing with tantrums and berzerkers because I decided to clear up all the xClothingx and other crap clogging up my FPS and issue copper armor to most civilians. Went from single digits to 100 on most uneventful days. Still slows to a crawl when invaders show up, but oh well.

Lost a legendary hammerdwarf to a thief with an iron dagger. Poor guy got his upper spine nicked and suffocated. Also killed off a necro siege with unarmed, naked militarydwarves, because they decided to drop all their gear and pick it back up when I reorganized their squads.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32072 on: January 01, 2014, 11:14:51 pm »

Secretive mood, a milker claimed a jeweller's shop. Also, 5 of my dwarves decided to take a nap next to the river.

I hope you're not in a crocodile-friendly biome!  Do you have enough beds?

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #32073 on: January 01, 2014, 11:17:16 pm »

No crocs, (no real hostile creatures in general; I'm in a good biome and no goblinite shipments have arrived yet.), but I think all of my beds are claimed. I'm building a dorm right now.

Aaannd he made... a bucket. Skinnedship the Routed Legend is a bloodstone bucket. It menaces with spikes of bloodstone.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 11:33:39 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #32074 on: January 01, 2014, 11:45:14 pm »

No crocs, (no real hostile creatures in general; I'm in a good biome and no goblinite shipments have arrived yet.), but I think all of my beds are claimed. I'm building a dorm right now.

Aaannd he made... a bucket. Skinnedship the Routed Legend is a bloodstone bucket. It menaces with spikes of bloodstone.
At least it's not a figurine or something like that.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32075 on: January 01, 2014, 11:49:41 pm »

At least it's not a figurine or something like that.
[/quote]

I once got all excited when I thought the artifact announcement was for a gold war hammer.  Then I looked again I saw that it actually said gold TOY hammer :(.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32076 on: January 02, 2014, 12:32:09 am »

I thought that outfitting all of my dwarves in full iron armor would come in handy when a siege came.  With iron axes, no less, and many masterpieces among both armor and weapons.  Then a small siege came: goblin lashers with a swordsgoblin commander.

Well, I lost like five dead and ten injured.  Forgot whips cut armor like butter.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32077 on: January 02, 2014, 12:58:54 am »

Relicshield, pop. 158, Later Winter of 344 (Year 93)

Though the dwarves of Relicshield have long felt an affinity for dragons, wild ones have remained a threat.  Nganiz Brandedfire attacked before any preparations for capture could be organized.  She was slain by the swordsdwarf Mebzuth II Orbgroup, with the help of the marksdwarf Uvash Cresenttours.  Unfortunately, a civilian, Libash Graniteright, was nicked by Nganiz's breath and died soon after.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

fortydayweekend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32078 on: January 02, 2014, 04:35:38 am »

From my first (ever!) goblin ambush:

The Swordsdwarf punches The Goblin Maceman in the lower left back teeth from the side with his left hand and the severed part sails off in an arc.

Successfully avenging his militia captain's tragic tooth loss to the sea lamprey from a couple years back.

Funnily enough, that was Ingiz the "incredibly tough" Swordsdwarf's entire contribution to the battle. Didn't even bother to draw his sword, just went straight for the teeth. One punch, one kill. Hasn't even upgraded his wool gloves to gauntlets yet either.

He has a calm demeanour but does NOT handle stress well.
The Sea Lamprey bites the Miner in the lower left back teeth and the severed part sails off in an arc!

Urist McRas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32079 on: January 02, 2014, 05:01:30 am »

I had extra embark points so I took 20 cats. By the summer my carpenter adopted ALL of them.
The fortresses are penal colonies.
The mountainhome has far too many degenerates too deal with by itself, so it sends out minor nobles to establish penal colonies across the world.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32080 on: January 02, 2014, 05:06:40 am »

Funnily enough, that was Ingiz the "incredibly tough" Swordsdwarf's entire contribution to the battle. Didn't even bother to draw his sword, just went straight for the teeth. One punch, one kill. Hasn't even upgraded his wool gloves to gauntlets yet either.
Well done, Ingiz!  What was the rest of the battle like?

fortydayweekend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32081 on: January 02, 2014, 05:18:25 am »

Well done, Ingiz!  What was the rest of the battle like?

2 goblins killed, the rest (6 or so) dodged their way into to cages. No military dwarf casualties or even injuries (steel > leather) but I did lose a hauler who stumbled across the first goblins outside. There was a reason he was given that scavenging job though and it was not because he was unexpendable.

I was planning on holding back and using the goblins for target practice but my marksdwarf militia captain had no ammo so charged straight at them armed only with his artifact birchen crossbow. He entered a martial trance (which I guess kept him alive). The actual infantry kinda had to charge in there too to save face.
The Sea Lamprey bites the Miner in the lower left back teeth and the severed part sails off in an arc!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32082 on: January 02, 2014, 05:20:52 am »

I had extra embark points so I took 20 cats. By the summer my carpenter adopted ALL of them.

You know what you must do.

KingBacon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32083 on: January 02, 2014, 06:31:37 am »

You know what you must do.

RELEASE THE CATKRAKKEN!

e    e   e    U   U     
, , , . , , , , , , , ; , , , , , ; , , , , , 
. . . . . . . e U e   . . 0╬0 
###x##############
###x .  . ☼ ☼####£####
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32084 on: January 02, 2014, 02:28:23 pm »

I like my military. They're barely trained, and it's only the second autumn, but they managed to take out an ettin without it actually getting a hit in. Seriously, its only meaningful action was to free its broken right lower arm from my commander's toothy grasp.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 2137 2138 [2139] 2140 2141 ... 3842