Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2969 2970 [2971] 2972 2973 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6092148 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #44550 on: December 14, 2015, 08:06:48 pm »

One of my dwarves made a roast.

(Stack of 78. Weight: 46Γ. Value: 140400☼)

Said roast currently comprises 20% of the value of the fortress. It's too bad it's not a masterwork.
In my fortress as well, I have reason to suspect that my food (both uncooked and cooked) is the main source of "produced wealth" in my fortress.

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #44551 on: December 14, 2015, 08:18:07 pm »

How does one reproduce the "all the flour ever" roast, or the "all the fruits/leaves", or... and so on. It SEEMS like a Planepacked, but I'm doubting the kitchen job would act exactly like a mood...

Or wait! The kitchen job sometimes, IIRC, continues even if one of the ingredients is forbidden! The dwarf simply gets another! So it may act like moods...

But they won't accept it if it's not in their burrow. Sigh. Off to experiment, I guess?
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #44552 on: December 14, 2015, 09:46:29 pm »

While i was busy building a citern in order to make a well near my cavern barracks, so my soldiers garrisoned there wouldn't have to walk in possibly dangerous area to drink from the cavern seas or walk up all the way to my surface and aquifer water, i encountered this bugger.

It's been a long time i had not seen one in my fortress caverns.

Hmm, made me think, gremlin ... water , i'm happy those creatures do not work like that in DF :D

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #44553 on: December 14, 2015, 09:52:53 pm »

The Forgotten Beast Akon has shown up! A huge quadruped composed of coral. Beware its Deadly Dust!

Needless to Say I wasn't fighting that. I was originally going to lure it into a cave in trap, but then this happened:

This is the beast's screen:

I've never seen a group of troglodytes beat the shit of a forgotten beast to the point of it running away. Unfortunately the beast came back and won round two.
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44554 on: December 14, 2015, 10:15:33 pm »

I had a very multicultural siege show up carrying musical instruments and books, and then they wandered across the site and off the other side, beating up some cats on the way.
I have no idea what was going on there.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #44555 on: December 14, 2015, 10:34:42 pm »

I had a very multicultural siege show up carrying musical instruments and books, and then they wandered across the site and off the other side, beating up some cats on the way.
I have no idea what was going on there.
they thought they would forcefully enlighten your dwarves but they found you too closed minded and gave up, didn't stop them from teaching some cats a lesson or two.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44556 on: December 14, 2015, 10:45:34 pm »

Hey I'm not racist! I have plenty of human friends and citizens. I respect them as soldiers.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

InsanityPrelude

• Bay Watcher
  • O SHI--
    • View Profile
« Reply #44557 on: December 14, 2015, 11:05:52 pm »

So I wasn't able to regen that spire volcano site I mentioned before, but the 3x3 patch of land Eldergilt sits on is even better.

Let's see what all we have here: limestone, lignite, magnetite and tetrahedrite within the first few z-levels; sphalerite, galena, gold and silver further down. And the first artifact in the fort is a silver mace. Jesus H. Christ. If there were surface magma it'd be Dwarfhalla.

Also, my civ is at war with the elves. I've never had that happen before, so that should be entertaining.

Edit: Also, the first book written in the fortress is "Probing and Other Travesties."  :o
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 11:11:10 pm by InsanityPrelude »
Forget down stairs, make an up stair
And then what?  Mine the sky? . . .  Actually, that'd be awesome.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #44558 on: December 14, 2015, 11:15:31 pm »

My Chief Medical Dwarf, one of my starting 7, just became a student of a visiting Historian whom I'd just granted permanent residence.

The game popped me a yellow message to alert me to it.

Awesome!
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44559 on: December 14, 2015, 11:20:15 pm »

Still on 40.24 and Facehugged is on its 27th year now. I'm hoping to break 50 years just so I can confirm whether moss does grow on constructed blocks as the wiki alludes to in its easter egg section. The construction for the mega obsidianizer to use against underground threats has ran into some problems with the lack of gabbro to make mechanisms with. I've been loathe to dig out any more space than necessary as the item count for rocks and blocks is already horrendously high, I've even skipped the water reactor, mist generator and tree farm plans entirely in favor of manual dwarf labor and better FPS (with FPS fluctuating at a reasonable 30 and upwards). 4 gabbro a year from the trade caravans just isn't going to do it, so it looks like its time to embark on another mega project. I may have to start production on rock crafts just to export all these excess stone though I doubt that will improve FPS by much.

In other news, roc breeding and dragon breeding are in full swing now, with 4 breeding pairs of each with good stats. I've been culling all the infant dragons with poor stats for awhile now, and my bone stockpiles are overflowing with dragon bones and dragon skulls. Now that I am at the point where I have a sizable megabeast farm going, I have to decide what to do with all these excess rocs and dragons. I' pretty set on dragon turrets, but have yet to envision a use for the rocs as my small military can already handle the goblins pretty well by themselves. Perhaps I can pit them against the syndrome carrying forgotten beasts and clowns? Ah, first world problems.

Ysyua

• Bay Watcher
  • .- ... - .-. ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #44560 on: December 14, 2015, 11:20:39 pm »

Just got a 10-person multi-racial performance troupe with mostly elf names (I think). They all have combat skills. Works for me!
Quote from: Ysyua
I had a trog give birth while scaling a wall. Just before one of my crossdorfs loosed a bolt at her. The trog baby drowned.
They said the walls were impregnable. You didn't have to prove me wrong by giving birth on them.

stormyseasons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44561 on: December 14, 2015, 11:26:31 pm »

Just hit year 2 in latest 42.03 fort. Accidentally uncovered first cavern, dug all the way down to the magma, leave df running while lunching... and I come back to realise that my lovely little fort of less than 100 dwarfs is crawling at 2-4 fps. turning temperature off does nothing. Sealed cavern access, magma accesses all blocked by smelters and forge impassable tiles.. Best guess is the various fruit/leaf/snow spatter murdered fps like whoa. .. If only dfhack 42.03 were out and I could run clean map all.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 11:38:25 pm by stormyseasons »
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper GOLD - 475+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #44562 on: December 14, 2015, 11:27:42 pm »

Looks like i just got my confirmation that when it happens a megabeast siege does not replace gobs siege, a bronze colossus just arrived on my site.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And a few moments after that, a new goblin siege happened

This time they came with only 60 gobs/trolls/beak dogs , nothing in common with the huge 280+ strong enemy siege i got previously, i guess the fact that since those 9 years, there are by now more than 500 gobs/trolls/beak dogs troops that were destroyed on my fortress grounds does not want them willing to send much more to their certain death.

The battle was a bloodbath,

I'm glad i have an atom smasher ready to deal with the clean up, considering i start to get near to 800 dead creature and their non-numbered items , i don't get to deal with thousands of item lag.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #44563 on: December 14, 2015, 11:29:39 pm »

I was just getting annoyed with the sheer amount of non-permanent guests is my tavern. For some reason the vast majority just won't go home. Some have been there for 5 years. There's about 40 of them, which isn't very beneficial for my fps preservation efforts.

Sometimes, there are those days when the universe just throws you a solution in your lap.

I now has a Cyclops in a cage <evil grin>
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44564 on: December 15, 2015, 12:01:08 am »

I've noticed a lot of guests not going home. I even told them they weren't allowed in the tavern so what do they do? Go to the library and start fights instead.
This is a dwarf fortress damnit, if you're not going to help with any work you can get out.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 2969 2970 [2971] 2972 2973 ... 3842