Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2856 2857 [2858] 2859 2860 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6101366 times)

melkor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #42855 on: August 27, 2015, 12:37:39 pm »

well i haven't started playing cause i wanted to look up the legends and apparently there are only 5 dwarfs alive in this world.
they kept being attacked by a goblin civ with a demon as leader.
gonna be a fun embark
Quote from: Robocorn
what do postdwarvenists do with goblins?

Quote from: Andreus
We slaughter them by the thousands.
But... you know, we do it ironically.

Borge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42856 on: August 27, 2015, 11:41:01 pm »

Say hello to the happiest dwarf in my fortress, he feels repentant (x50) for not making amulets on time.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nr33

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #42857 on: August 28, 2015, 12:54:18 am »

So I go to choose my trade goods and I find a stack of 192+ masterful pear biscuits which has a trade value of 228096. I was wondering how they were so expensive until i saw the recipe...

StumpytheOzzie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42858 on: August 28, 2015, 01:12:09 am »

I just spent an hour finding an embark site. Sand, fire clay, volcano, hematite, cassitterite, tetrahedrite (naturally) and marble.

At war with 4500 goblins who live on the other side of the embark screen and a tower within range.

But the elves have all died out already. So maybe not quite perfect.
Jesus doesn't embark in terrifying biomes, and these forums certainly count.

Nikita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42859 on: August 28, 2015, 03:41:55 am »

What's the biggest aquifer that you guys have seen?

I'm already 6 layers deep into this one and it's showing no signs of ever ending ;_;

taptap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42860 on: August 28, 2015, 06:50:35 am »

What's the biggest aquifer that you guys have seen?

I'm already 6 layers deep into this one and it's showing no signs of ever ending ;_;

3 layers. What are your conditions that you get so much aquifer. I love aquifers.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #42861 on: August 28, 2015, 08:18:51 am »

9, if I recall, on a naked embark.  Good heavens, that game took a while to get any stone.

Nikita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42862 on: August 29, 2015, 12:19:44 am »

Some loss of class-D personell later, I have caged two cyclops and a vampire. Woop woop.

Now, if only I could get a werebeast and a necromancer...

Edit: Also, an Etti came to my fort, and was defeated by 20 naked haulers in a fistfight. A couple died but the rest served as a good training material for my medical dwarf.

Edit2: Finally defeated the aquifer! It was whole 9 layers deep. Took me 3 in-game years.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 09:12:52 am by Nikita »

SyrusLD

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42863 on: August 29, 2015, 06:10:36 am »

Goblins must be getting desperate after losing about over 1300 of their people to my fortress - newest siege consisted of mostly human, elf and goblin recruits with just a few normal soldiers with them. Captured them all, will add them to my collection and once my Jabberer breeding has produced a good number of adult and fully grown ones, I'll put them all in a room and release the prisoners. Will be fun watching the three different goblin entities fight among each other, while my Jabberers have fun doing their thing. I just hope they are as scary as they sound to be...

Now I wish I had a breeding pair of Rocs.

Still, this will be fun! Going to take a few months or years of breeding though.
In Remembrance of Bengel Hairybasement,
Strangler of a Sasquatch, Troglodytes and a Cyclops,
Slayer of a Giantess, whom he burned alive.
Died in a Heroic Fight with a Grizzly Bear.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42864 on: August 29, 2015, 11:09:43 am »

My wagon Ox just wrestled a Wild Boar to death ::)

INSANEcyborg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42865 on: August 29, 2015, 11:14:35 am »

Another Forest Titan has come to my fort.  This one is Senama Imerefima, a winged worm that breathes fire.  After appearing on the map, it went straight for my forts entrance, running though a cloud of vile dust in its way.  As such, it has gained the distinction of being the only thing to survive the cloud's effects.  For now at least, every part of it is rotten, and swollen with ichor. 

Still, the Titan made it to the entrance.  It even managed to wash itself off after going though a murky pool.  Almost everyone got inside, but one refused the safety of the fort.   Having no shells for artifact, a dwarf had fallen to melancholy, and stayed outside to meet his fate.   He was quickly crushed to death, but not before a breath of fire ignited the surrounding forest.  Looks like we won't be making any peach cider or apricot wine this year.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #42866 on: August 29, 2015, 11:28:15 am »

I've always found it humorous when a vital part explodes into gore and the game adds 'an artery has ben opened by the attack' in case we weren't aware that an exploding head damages arteries.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42867 on: August 29, 2015, 11:57:53 am »

I've always found it humorous when a vital part explodes into gore and the game adds 'an artery has ben opened by the attack' in case we weren't aware that an exploding head damages arteries.

Mangled beyond recognition amused me. I imagined a cadre of medical dwarves standing over a patient, saying "Welp, that there is where his leg used to be, but there's just a' some kind of broken appendage all over that spot and we don't know where'n it went."
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #42868 on: August 29, 2015, 11:58:50 am »

Mangled beyond recognition amused me. I imagined a cadre of medical dwarves standing over a patient, saying "Welp, that there is where his leg used to be, but there's just a' some kind of broken appendage all over that spot and we don't know where'n it went."

"Stick a bar of soap in it, Urist! Stick it where his leg used to be!"

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #42869 on: August 29, 2015, 02:16:08 pm »

Goblins must be getting desperate after losing about over 1300 of their people to my fortress - newest siege consisted of mostly human, elf and goblin recruits with just a few normal soldiers with them. Captured them all, will add them to my collection and once my Jabberer breeding has produced a good number of adult and fully grown ones, I'll put them all in a room and release the prisoners. Will be fun watching the three different goblin entities fight among each other, while my Jabberers have fun doing their thing. I just hope they are as scary as they sound to be...

Now I wish I had a breeding pair of Rocs.

Still, this will be fun! Going to take a few months or years of breeding though.
At Bastiongate, I've got one roc. Somewhere out there is a second roc. Someday the Eyrie will be filled with the cheeping of roc hatchlings.
Pages: 1 ... 2856 2857 [2858] 2859 2860 ... 3842