Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2767 2768 [2769] 2770 2771 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6114458 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #41520 on: May 24, 2015, 12:12:54 pm »

If yer run out of barrels, rock pots are SO much more sustainable.
One wheel short of a wagon

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41521 on: May 24, 2015, 12:34:43 pm »

After the demons didn't bother destroying my fort quickly enough, I retired it to look at legends. No demon kills were listed, annoyingly, and it was mostly my craftsdwarves creating masterpieces.

Questionable judgement? Huh!
One wheel short of a wagon

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #41522 on: May 24, 2015, 12:37:11 pm »

Well, I've fully mastered the textile industry, minus gcs farming. That was cool. Maybe I'll mod some cool animals in the make super expensive wool...
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41523 on: May 24, 2015, 12:49:22 pm »

Using my cloth to augment my silk clothes, and found out my clothier has a creepy obsession about his wife eating celery... Every cloth image he's done has been her eating celery...

I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

angelious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41524 on: May 24, 2015, 12:52:51 pm »

the freaking incident is growing...over 100 graves filled and there is still people rotting in the streets of my fort...fuck this shit fucked me up.

Artichaut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41525 on: May 24, 2015, 02:16:07 pm »

I build a way with weapon trap on the entrace of the fortress, with a 10 level fall each side of traps. On the bottom i put lead floor and upright spears.

It works well against plenty of invaders. But ... Then come 2 necromancers and 60 zombies. Around 20-25 zombies fall, and my militia kill the others on the surface. On 15 dwarfs i loose 5. So it's time to achieve the one at level -10.

Baaad idea to open the door, the zombies were not wounded at all and kill all my militia and my fortress.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41526 on: May 24, 2015, 02:44:04 pm »

Killed that one, a stray hunter shot him in the head five times with -steel bolt-s. Wish I'd screenshotted the next one, it was particularly hilarious/terrifying.

The dwarf Lafi Arizepave has come! A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry!

The horror...

My favorite is in legends mode. "A wild human attacks!"

Rawr, I'm scary! Fear my pursuit predation and complicated dentition!

Curious Key

• Bay Watcher
  • Stumbling belligerence-first through life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41527 on: May 24, 2015, 04:47:39 pm »

A forgotten beast made of water picked a fight with a cave crocodile. I imagine the croc feels somewhat betrayed that it's natural habitat of water turned against it, and will now look at it's home lake with some suspicion each morning.

The amusing thing to me was examining the "corpse" puddle, which was described thusly:

"This is a water laced with water and water." Damn pesky forgotten beasts, contaminating my water with water....

malvado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41528 on: May 24, 2015, 06:41:00 pm »

Just retired a 6 year old fort that I had put miles away from the nearest home town (which was to the North) , then to my surprise when I was adventuring i noticed a new fort had popped up a little bit north of mine , went there and ho , they had made an underground road from the far north of the world map down to this little "fort" linking it to my fort...

Wow, just Wow!

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #41529 on: May 24, 2015, 06:56:03 pm »

One of my dwarves was just infected by a werelizard. Said dwarf, Ral Enshalvucar, is 278 years old, and saw the world created. Now she's an immortal horror locked alone in a dirt chamber, training to be a suicide soldier.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41530 on: May 24, 2015, 07:31:01 pm »

Finally finished my main building. Holds one of every relevant workshop, multiple smelters and other such furnaces, and has even a pair of stations specifically for enhancing specific items. Wool and cave spider silk clothes and stone/bone/shell/most clay crafts go on the right, with the cheap to moderate gems, billon, silver, cheap bones, and shells. Plant fiber, metal crafts, porcelain, cave spider silk, and Ontos wool clothes go on the left, with the moderate to rare gems, silver, gold, platinum, and expensive bones. This took over 5000 logs, and was seven months' focus above all else, minus one miner constantly mining. I've already got a weaver collecting cloth, and am moving onto plant gathering. A farming area will be made soon, with above ground and below ground farming right next to each other. Sadly, there's no water source nearby. A dormitory will be upstairs, and the dining room will be in the main room. 

ajar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41531 on: May 24, 2015, 08:05:22 pm »

Just retired a 6 year old fort that I had put miles away from the nearest home town (which was to the North) , then to my surprise when I was adventuring i noticed a new fort had popped up a little bit north of mine , went there and ho , they had made an underground road from the far north of the world map down to this little "fort" linking it to my fort...

Wow, just Wow!

Wow!
And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened. Jesus-

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #41532 on: May 24, 2015, 09:28:53 pm »

Amazing.  Retired fortresses really do act like normal worldgen fortresses.  Wonder how it connects...

Sorry, did you say that the small new fortress was connected to your fortress or a different one?
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #41533 on: May 24, 2015, 09:46:06 pm »

I, Lokum Bronzeesteem, the last dwarf of this outpost, have just finished the project: The Floating Trade Depot! Hooray!

But to my disappointment, the outpost liaison didn't seem to be impressed. He said the world was the same as before! Upon leaving he enquired the whereabout of my fellow citizens. I told him they were sleeping (well, it was not really a lie because they were literally 'sleeping' in the 6 small stone boxes in the basement). Then he left without a word.

I hope he didn't suspect a thing and would convince some migrants to move into this little paradise.

The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41534 on: May 24, 2015, 09:50:15 pm »

Got a glass industry going. If it weren't for the reliance on bags, I'd like it. Got a high master glassmaker, that's the only reason I'm using it, and there's no clay on the map. Legendary stone crafter and glassmaker are pumping out trade goods, hopefully the elves and gorillas will be pleased with my products. Can't remember if civilized gorillas will flip out about wood and clear glass like elves... I hope not, because they can ride on mountain dragons.
Pages: 1 ... 2767 2768 [2769] 2770 2771 ... 3842