Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: The Tower Council [NIGHT]  (Read 5643 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
The Tower Council [NIGHT]
« on: May 22, 2015, 10:05:50 am »

You are one of the Council Towers; powerful wealthy and wise men who control the coastal city of Ragona, a city-state that prioritizes trade and neutrality over meddling in distant politics. But with the west swarmed by the Ningard Empire, and the eastern nations are united by Cult of the Black Sun, who knows if it isn't the time to take the steering wheel of the republican city and establish an authoritarian rule... but the Senex Princeps is old and stubborn, and your enemies numerous and each one with their own agenda... will you prevail as a Tower, or will you crumble and fall to provide foundations for the more cunning?

OOC Thread is here!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 04:20:23 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: The Tower Council (the more players, the merrier!)
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 10:15:59 am »

Name: Cortez (Demonic Spoon)
Family Name: Muzalon
Family Trait(s): Powerful; Wealthy
Affiliation: Muzalon (Family)

What exactly are the granted powers of the Master of the Coin, Senex Princeps (which roughly translates to First Elder?) etc.?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 10:23:13 am by Demonic Spoon »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 10:24:51 am »

Master of the Coin regulates trade affairs both internal and external;
Senex Princeps presents the daily matters ot the Council and oversees the voting;
The Highest Judge deals with the Law changes and can pardon/arrest Towers;
The Chief of the City Centurii oversees garrison affairs, its armament and deployment.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 10:26:24 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 10:27:31 am »

Name: Ivo (Ama)
Family Name: Cardoso
Family Trait(s): Scheming, Wealthy
Affiliation: Family

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 10:27:59 am »

Senex Princeps presents the daily matters ot the Council and oversees the voting;
Does he have any actual power? Sounds like he just has limited information control, like if he chooses not to mention a certain daily matter.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2015, 10:33:03 am »

Well, he also makes sure everything is in order. He is also the person that foreign powers will talk to first, at least officially. He also temporarily becomes Coin Master, Centurii Chief or Highest Judge should they get removed in one way or another, till their replacement is choosen by during a vote.

If Senex Princeps gets removed, an emergency meeting and voting happens where a new Senex Princeps is choosen.
SigFlags!

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2015, 10:34:12 am »

Ok, so:
What does "present" and "regulate" mean in this context?
And how can anyone be affiliated with a group that is controlled (well, overseen) by another PC?
Finally what happens if a Tower is killed/arrested? (do you get to roll for a new one? get a penalty, while your successor char trains? Are there now fewer towers, and if so, can I murder my way to Dictator?)

<also, application spot reserved. (in case you decide dealing with all the players is too tedious for your liking)>
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2015, 10:37:30 am »

Well, he also makes sure everything is in order. He is also the person that foreign powers will talk to first, at least officially. He also temporarily becomes Coin Master, Centurii Chief or Highest Judge should they get removed in one way or another, till their replacement is choosen by during a vote.

If Senex Princeps gets removed, an emergency meeting and voting happens where a new Senex Princeps is choosen.
So he'd be the one to investigate if say, a Tower suddenly got assassinated? Or do you mean something else by that everything in order? I'm guessing he doesn't get a vote, since he oversees the voting process? Does he at least get some sort of veto power? Honestly he seems to be mostly a figurehead, not really sure why you'd want to get that spot beyond the prestige.

EDIT: Well I guess if you had some ridicolously skilled assassins you could keep assassinating the other heads of state and become de facto dictator since all their titles becomes yours for the interim, but it'd get pretty obvious pretty quickly what was going on.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 10:47:10 am by Demonic Spoon »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2015, 10:45:42 am »

Ok, so:
What does "present" and "regulate" mean in this context?
And how can anyone be affiliated with a group that is controlled (well, overseen) by another PC?
Finally what happens if a Tower is killed/arrested? (do you get to roll for a new one? get a penalty, while your successor char trains? Are there now fewer towers, and if so, can I murder my way to Dictator?)

<also, application spot reserved. (in case you decide dealing with all the players is too tedious for your liking)>

Regulating trade affairs means 'okay this guild gets away tax free and these get double taxed and this foreign scum has no entry to Ragona whatsoever'. Of course any of Coin Master's decisions in these matters can be questioned by the Towers. Decisions of the Highest Judge and Chief of Centurii can be questioned too.

Senex Princeps presents aka explains current matters of the city and events. Basically gives you something to discuss and vote on :P SP controlled by me will honestly tell you everything you need to vote on, but once a Player becomes Senex Princeps, I will send current affairs to them and then they should present them to other Towers during the council time.

I kinda can't wait to see how much of administrative clusterfuck this becomes once you people get the titled positions :P

So he'd be the one to investigate if say, a Tower suddenly got assassinated? Or do you mean something else by that everything in order? I'm guessing he doesn't get a vote, since he oversees the voting process? Does he at least get some sort of veto power? Honestly he seems to be mostly a figurehead, not really sure why you'd want to get that spot beyond the prestige.

Foreign diplomats speak with Senex Princeps first, too. Senex Princeps is also only person that can hold a vote to remove a Tower or title-holder from position. And no, he isn't blocked away from voting (and neither are other titled positions). Everyone's vote counts equally.
SigFlags!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2015, 10:46:36 am »

Name: Arnold (Harry Baldman)
Family Name: Blackridge
Family Trait: Scheming
Affiliation: Ragona's Centuria
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 09:49:33 am by Harry Baldman »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2015, 10:51:46 am »

So clarification request: If player A and B come from the same family, do they have to pick the same family trait?

Related, if Player Aaffiliates himself with his family and his family thus has two traits, and player B also affiliates himself with the same family, but doesn't choose family affiliation, does he also get both family traits?

Is it possible to hold two or more titles? E.g. Master of Coin and Highest judge.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2015, 10:54:06 am »

So clarification request: If player A and B come from the same family, do they have to pick the same family trait?

Absolutely yes. I hoped it would be obvious :P

Related, if Player Aaffiliates himself with his family and his family thus has two traits, and player B also affiliates himself with the same family, but doesn't choose family affiliation, does he also get both family traits?

You only get second family trait if you affiliate with family, duh. Otherwise just one.
SigFlags!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2015, 10:55:09 am »

Is it possible to hold two or more titles? E.g. Master of Coin and Highest judge.

Nothing prevents it but for obvious reasons numerous people would prefer to see different people on different positions.

EDIT: Bleh I cannot into buttons.
SigFlags!

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2015, 10:56:38 am »

I expect the second "family" affiliation refers to tapping deeper reserves of the family (valet branches, distant cousins, in-laws, etc.)

I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2015, 10:57:44 am »

Yeah, kinda like that.
SigFlags!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7