Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

We're timeskipping. Who became Student Council Vice President?

Alice
- 9 (47.4%)
Jana
- 2 (10.5%)
Some random normie
- 4 (21.1%)
I'm GM and don't want to have to keep pressing "Show results"
- 4 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: 1 ... 1021 1022 [1023] 1024 1025 ... 1274

Author Topic: Eclipse Heights School for the Supernatural -- A Roleplay -- IC thread  (Read 651511 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Eclipse Heights School for the Supernatural -- A Roleplay -- IC thread
« Reply #15330 on: July 07, 2015, 09:29:51 pm »

"...Indeed."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15331 on: July 07, 2015, 09:32:49 pm »

"...Yes."
Black lives matter.

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
  • I have awoken from my long slumber....
    • View Profile
« Reply #15332 on: July 07, 2015, 09:34:13 pm »

James falls onto his rear grasping his heart and panting.

Falchion stomps over to Akane.
"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!? What in your right mind made you think it was a good idea to say something in a dark alleyway without stepping into the light you stupid... UGH!"
"Odd that is not the usual reaction I receive, most seem to show little to no reaction." Akane replies in her usual cold tone.

Tessa follows.
Now at the food court
"What do want Tessa?" Alice asks as grabs money out of her Murder Fun Bag.
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15333 on: July 07, 2015, 09:42:25 pm »

"...Yes."
"Uh huh."

Tessa follows.
Now at the food court
"What do want Tessa?" Alice asks as grabs money out of her Murder Fun Bag.
"Hm... I know we're in Japan and we should try whatever we can, but I just want a pizza right now."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #15334 on: July 07, 2015, 09:44:01 pm »

you know what she is. You know what she will become if she is not properly trained. Maturity is rapidly approaching, and she has not time for either coddling or petty moralizing. Think, Steward. You cannot in good conscience condone keeping her as she is. If she does not matter herself, and quickly, the date before her will be far worse than mere death.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15335 on: July 07, 2015, 09:45:35 pm »

Corentine looks Alaric in the eye.
Hers are very distracting, having two differently-colored irises and everything.
Black lives matter.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #15336 on: July 07, 2015, 09:48:20 pm »

"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!? What in your right mind made you think it was a good idea to say something in a dark alleyway without stepping into the light you stupid... UGH!"
"Odd that is not the usual reaction I receive, most seem to show little to no reaction." Akane replies in her usual cold tone.
"Those people are weirdos!"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15337 on: July 07, 2015, 09:48:53 pm »

Hers are very distracting, having two differently-colored irises and everything.
Al looks returns the look.

you know what she is. You know what she will become if she is not properly trained. Maturity is rapidly approaching, and she has not time for either coddling or petty moralizing. Think, Steward. You cannot in good conscience condone keeping her as she is. If she does not matter herself, and quickly, the date before her will be far worse than mere death.
...Is there no other way, that would be less harmful for her?
Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15338 on: July 07, 2015, 09:53:36 pm »

Plutarch attempts to find Eve, and if successful, and presuming that she is in an area where the supernatural can be discussed without the risk of leaking it to the outside world, it asks the following:
"What precisely is an enchantment? If magic is backed by the caster's cognition, how does an enchantment persist in spite of, say, if they become senile? I neglect to mention demise as that does not necessarily halt relevant thoughts, but loss of memory can.

Because as of now, I see two possibilities as towards their true nature: the first being that they are some sort of self-sustaining effect, a perpetual order machine of the first or second class. The second being that the user's will at the time of the enchantment's lingers within it, perhaps as a limited-sentience entity of sorts, a replication of their mind at that specific point in time, frozen in repetition of the same thoughts for an indefinite length of time.

Finally, there is of course the matter of what limitations there are to what precisely is enchanted. I am well aware that inanimate entities can be enchanted. Would I be correct to assume that living organisms can likewise be enchanted? In spite of the fact that parts of them are constantly being replaced - cells dying, nutrients being used, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. So, the question is, what about a symbol or process? Can a gust of wind, the motion of a bullet, or more pertinently, the runtime of a script or program be enchanted? That is, something that is entirely replaced quickly, a specific instance of a raw concept, and something that is moved through duplication and destruction respectively."
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 10:11:51 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15339 on: July 07, 2015, 10:05:03 pm »

"I'm not sure what we're supposed to be looking for, for true love."
Black lives matter.

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
  • I have awoken from my long slumber....
    • View Profile
« Reply #15340 on: July 07, 2015, 10:11:13 pm »

"Those people are weirdos!"
"Or perhaps you are the odd one, but that is another matter. What are you all up to? You seem to be searching."

Alice laughs a bit, thinking it is a little funny Tessa wants pizza at the moment. "Then pizza it is, what would you like on the pizza?"
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #15341 on: July 07, 2015, 10:12:22 pm »

'Jumping. It's a bit more like hopping for us, but it's jumping all the same.'
"Sounds... fun. Any other interests?"
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #15342 on: July 07, 2015, 11:55:21 pm »

"Why aren't you going to? Are you afraid of losing your reputation?"
She shoves him again.
...she wasn't that strong last time.
Some sort of red lightning is playing over her skin, occasionally flickering with black light, tiny sparks arcing from one part of her body to another before fizzling out.

Celia looks somewhat worried.
If Fred does find her, he'd notice that she isn't twitching at all.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 12:30:05 am by Adragis029 »
thincake

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #15343 on: July 08, 2015, 12:09:43 am »

Al looks returns the look.

...Is there no other way, that would be less harmful for her?

None that are as expedient as need be.

Plutarch attempts to find Eve, and if successful, and presuming that she is in an area where the supernatural can be discussed without the risk of leaking it to the outside world, it asks the following:
"What precisely is an enchantment? If magic is backed by the caster's cognition, how does an enchantment persist in spite of, say, if they become senile? I neglect to mention demise as that does not necessarily halt relevant thoughts, but loss of memory can.

Because as of now, I see two possibilities as towards their true nature: the first being that they are some sort of self-sustaining effect, a perpetual order machine of the first or second class. The second being that the user's will at the time of the enchantment's lingers within it, perhaps as a limited-sentience entity of sorts, a replication of their mind at that specific point in time, frozen in repetition of the same thoughts for an indefinite length of time.

Finally, there is of course the matter of what limitations there are to what precisely is enchanted. I am well aware that inanimate entities can be enchanted. Would I be correct to assume that living organisms can likewise be enchanted? In spite of the fact that parts of them are constantly being replaced - cells dying, nutrients being used, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. So, the question is, what about a symbol or process? Can a gust of wind, the motion of a bullet, or more pertinently, the runtime of a script or program be enchanted? That is, something that is entirely replaced quickly, a specific instance of a raw concept, and something that is moved through duplication and destruction respectively."

((I'll do a writeup on this when I'm home and have a keyboard.))
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15344 on: July 08, 2015, 12:09:54 am »

"Are you okay?" Fred asks Celia.
Pages: 1 ... 1021 1022 [1023] 1024 1025 ... 1274