Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

We're timeskipping. Who became Student Council Vice President?

Alice
- 9 (47.4%)
Jana
- 2 (10.5%)
Some random normie
- 4 (21.1%)
I'm GM and don't want to have to keep pressing "Show results"
- 4 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 1274

Author Topic: Eclipse Heights School for the Supernatural -- A Roleplay -- IC thread  (Read 651754 times)

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
  • I have awoken from my long slumber....
    • View Profile
Re: Eclipse Heights School for the Supernatural -- A Roleplay -- IC thread
« Reply #3240 on: May 30, 2015, 03:19:04 pm »

"A sword with it's blade set aflame but does not melt or burn the wielder." Alice states remembering one of her father's favorite swords.
((Alice's example  to the Enchanting teacher))
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #3241 on: May 30, 2015, 03:19:37 pm »

"A sword with it's blade set aflame but does not melt or burn the wielder." Alice states remembering one of her father's favorite swords.
((Alice's example  to the Enchanting teacher))
"Also, a good example."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3242 on: May 30, 2015, 03:19:42 pm »

"Divine,
 powered by deity, effects usually holy and often function as holy symbols when used for turning certain Undead. Usually only work if the deity or spirit has energy."

"Will Based, normally temporary. Often used by psions. Disruption in concentration results in spell shattering. Often violently."

"Soulbound. A soul is used to fuel the enchantment. An example would be an Amulet of Minor Warding powered by a puppy's soul. Souls often burn out if overloaded. Sapient souls tend to develop consciousness and can actively lash out at users they dislike via the innate energy or refuse to work."

"Infusion. Often used by mages. Infuses an item with magical energy of one type or another. Normally temporary. Disruption results in spell shattering violently. Multiple castings in a specific object occasionally result in the Infusion sticking. However only raw effects can be applied via this format. For complex things, you want to use Divine, Will Based, Soulbound, or Runic."
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 03:46:53 pm by Kevak »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #3243 on: May 30, 2015, 03:21:53 pm »

"Speaking from personal experience, some... Let me rephrase that, a very select number of enchantments can be applied to people and objects that can pass down through their descendants. Normally they're placed on ancestral weapons and their bloodlines. They're also useful for keeping thieves out of lairs.... Poor uncle Steve..."
James says seeming to get lost in thought at the end.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3244 on: May 30, 2015, 03:25:01 pm »

"Speaking from personal experience, some... Let me rephrase that, a very select number of enchantments can be applied to people and objects that can pass down through their descendants. Normally they're placed on ancestral weapons and their bloodlines. They're also useful for keeping thieves out of lairs.... Poor uncle Steve..."
"Yes, this is also possible. These are generally divine in origin, but other creatures can create such enchantments if they are sufficiently powerful."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #3245 on: May 30, 2015, 03:35:58 pm »

"How will we be... learning control?"
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3246 on: May 30, 2015, 03:40:32 pm »

"It depends on what you are. I believe I heard you were an 'embodiment of Malice'? With you, it will be more about turning the more violent parts of malice into the less so. Violent anger into passive aggressiveness, for example. Of course, as I myself learn more about you, other and more effective ways will show themselves"
Sigtext!

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #3247 on: May 30, 2015, 04:16:06 pm »

"It depends on what you are. I believe I heard you were an 'embodiment of Malice'? With you, it will be more about turning the more violent parts of malice into the less so. Violent anger into passive aggressiveness, for example. Of course, as I myself learn more about you, other and more effective ways will show themselves"

"That'd greatly reduce the amount of power I produce. The less extreme the emotion, the less Malice created, making that counter-productive."
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #3248 on: May 30, 2015, 04:17:26 pm »

What good is emotion if you can't control it?
Did you just say something philosophical?
Shut up.
thincake

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3249 on: May 30, 2015, 04:17:51 pm »

"That'd greatly reduce the amount of power I produce. The less extreme the emotion, the less Malice created, making that counter-productive."
"That's why I mentioned the better ways as I learn about you. Would you suggest an alternative until that point?"
Sigtext!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3250 on: May 30, 2015, 04:23:38 pm »

"I, uh... I can transform. Into a dragon."
Black lives matter.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3251 on: May 30, 2015, 04:28:51 pm »

"I, uh... I can transform. Into a dragon."
"Interesting. Is it difficult to control yourself in such a form, or is there another reason you chose this class?"
Sigtext!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3252 on: May 30, 2015, 04:29:51 pm »

"I do... well enough. There's a different reason."
Black lives matter.

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
  • I have awoken from my long slumber....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3253 on: May 30, 2015, 04:30:51 pm »

"Sounds like something I need to learn." Alice remarks thinking of putting an enchantment like that on Jack.
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #3254 on: May 30, 2015, 04:51:15 pm »

"That's why I mentioned the better ways as I learn about you. Would you suggest an alternative until that point?"

"Inasmuch as I've learned so far, it was to not dampen my emotions, but to channel them constructively, control them without lessening their intensity."
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 1274