Hell
- 3 (14.3%)
Other? Post in thread
- 1 (4.8%)
I'm GM and want to see the results.
- 4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 508 509 [510] 511 512 ... 534

Author Topic: Eclipse Heights School for the Supernatural OOC -- Hextuple Incendiary Chainsaws  (Read 430986 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

If Godzilla attacks cant Jana and ethon handle him/her
There is a marked difference in size between average-to-fairly-large-horse-sized and 50ft tall.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Godzilla.

It's in the name.

You kill the fucker, he comes back in a year or so to fuck more people up. You wipe him from existence, there will be another one. Tarrasques quiver in fear at the mention of him. Yautja only wish they could be as persistent as he is. Dragons would LOVE to be nearly as invincible as he is.

The only way to stop that thing from killing everything and everyone is to throw even bigger monsters at him- and not house-sized, at most, dragons who are likely not immune to having concentrated radiation breathed in their faces for long periods of time- and thus distract him while you get very, very far away from the fight with everyone you love and hope to god he doesn't look at you.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

Tl;dr: Godzilla too op pls nerf
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

yis
Also, discussion topic: New character slot. And smurf's vote doesn't count, he'll snark about it anyway. :P

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

pls no
there's too many characters to keep track of as-is

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

i could make bananako with this
thincake

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

no, because all new character slots are is just throwing starter on the embers. Fire isn't gonna start up properly if you just keep throwing starter at it, you need to tindle that metaphorical bitch with some plotwork and light character development.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 03:36:33 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

Well, I've already got that set out for my characters. Just takes time, in-universe.
thincake

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Holy shit that wasn't a shitpost? :P

Well, Adragis is doing well on the plotwork front. I just need a good in for my character development shit to happen. As he says, it needs time to happen, and in-universe, only two weeks have passed. :P

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

Personally one of my biggest pet peeves with this kind of setting is people don't rp right.

Most of you are rping as inhuman creatures with no humanlike traits whatsoever. Or whatever few humanlike traits are learned.

Yet somehow most of the characters are functionally humans with powers thrown in. A big example is Ether. He is literally a centuries old creature from another dimension that by definition rends the sanity of mortal minds simply by being there. Yet he acts more or less like a socially awkward human with powers thrown in. Same goes for a lot of other characters. Inhuman monstrosities Do Not Act Human. They can pass as it sometimes. But they aren't anxious human teens. Especially the centuries old vampires. All you vampire rper's need some work. You are playing as a centuries old bloodsucking monster that uses humans as no more then food. You aren't a teenager and you aren't an aloof outsider. You have lived for hundreds of years. Act like it. Even if you started as human, you aren't human anymore and have not been so for centuries. Same goes for a lot of other characters.

Just.. What.

Some of you are less guilty of this kind of thing then others, some of you actually rp the monster properly, and some of you actually have humans with powers thrown in, so I can't complain about those. But.. If you're gonna rp as an inhuman monstrosity. Then make sure your characters act like it. That new frost troll character is a good example. It seems a tad forced, but it's definitely not human in thinking. Or that skeletal manifestation of anger and hate. That's a good example of a properly rped inhuman.

And before you go and point fingers at the three Kitsune in this, they are functionally alien in thinking. They thrive off of eating emotions. Kumo is extremely unstable, partly due to not eating a balanced diet and partly due to upbringing, and it isn't exactly "normal" by human standards. Being a Tsuki though, he's a lot more aligned with a human mindset then any Stage 3 fox would be.

Kiri is a flat out sociopath by human standards, a onetail Inari. And although Inari are the "good" Kitsune, that doesn't stop them from being downright toxic by human standards. The majority of people are food to him. That random fuck in that grocery store? If Kiri wanted pain to eat, he'd break each and every one of the bones in the guy's body. Simply to eat the resulting pain. He would hold no malice towards the person. The person simply happened to be an easily accessible food supply. If he's being nice to you, it's for the resulting emotion you put out. If he's being a dick. It's for the emotion. The only people he actually gives any amount of shits about are other Kitsune. When it comes down to it, he isn't human in mind or thought. There are a couple things a person can do to actually catch his interest and cause him to actually give shits, but for the most part, he will give absolutely and utterly no fucks whatsoever. You're food and that is that.

Akia however is slightly different. She's by this point almost two millennia old. A Four Tailed Fox. Time has started to eat at her psyche and the first pangs of the loneliness of immortality has started to stir. She's eaten enough emotions to actually have some level of empathy for her food simply due to them rubbing off on her. That doesn't mean she doesn't consider you food however and she'd be just as willing as Kiri would to break every bone in someone's body for the pain emotion if it caught her fancy. She just might have a somewhat unapologetic sorry added afterwards. Also if she can be assed, she might drop the guy off at a hospital before he bleeds out internally. Unlike Kiri, who probably wouldn't bother.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

Exactly, so forcing more social interaction will be beneficial. It can be done simply through something as commonplace as a group project with randomly assigned members; all the way through to high-grade arc defining plots.

Entirely up to Twin, of course.

-snip-

Plenty of points I agree on here, some of the RP is just... ugh. If you want to play like a human, just grab some human and boot magic power into him/her, simples.

But on the other hand, you're a dirty hypocrite. Since Kiri is just a autistic sociopath, why is he at this school then? This is a re-education centre, and I don't believe he'd particularly be  interested. Same goes for the teacher, why is she still lurking around? Thousands of years old and they're just dicking around like useless assholes.

And lets not bring up the darkrom shit, because that is just fucking straight up wierd.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 03:57:53 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

This is why I play as humens
bcuz i m humen
thincake

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

Kiri is there because it's a large concentration of people packed together in an enclosed living environment. Said concentration is primarily volatile teenagers going through a hormone driven emotional rollercoster. Therefore it is a large concentration of emotion and therefore food, not to mention there's an omnipotent deity preventing anything that can actually cause problems from doing anything. Same goes for Akia.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

hormones ain't the only things at work
thincake

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Most roleplayers are also humans who find it hard to see it from the perspective of, well, aeons-old creatures given that none of us are actually aeons-old creatures. I do not say this to justify any characters or faults in RPing, only to explain potential actions. Here, however, is my justification for my characters.

As you say, Sabrina is indeed a normal human with powers. One who is incredibly low in self-esteem, to boot, justifiably; being a descendant of a monster hunter whose name is feared in the world does you no favours in the modern world where most people don't even know what a monster hunter is.

Yuri, however old he may be, is a spirit whose purpose is to serve humans and be their companion; the perfect butler, bodyguard and companion all in one, which understandably requires a certain level of intelligence and empathy. As such, his kind have a human-like psyche; otherwise it would be extremely difficult, if not impossible, to have any sort of working relationship of the kind domovoi have with humans. And thus, Yuri must think like a human, in order to understand how best to serve and help them and tailor his services. Too brainlessly loyal, and the domovoi would simply be yes men to their masters; likewise, too ruthlessly intelligent makes them unable to empathise and be a companion to their masters. However, with a human psyche comes human problems and emotions, so however old he is, Yuri will act human because his mind is human-like.

And yes, I emphasise human-like. There are some concepts he finds hard to grasp, but humans being far more plastic than just about every other supernatural creature out there and domovoi minds having been molded to emulate or outright become like that, he can pick it up easy.
Pages: 1 ... 508 509 [510] 511 512 ... 534