Hell
- 3 (14.3%)
Other? Post in thread
- 1 (4.8%)
I'm GM and want to see the results.
- 4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 478 479 [480] 481 482 ... 534

Author Topic: Eclipse Heights School for the Supernatural OOC -- Hextuple Incendiary Chainsaws  (Read 432854 times)

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile

This will be fun  :)
No sig yet

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
  • I have awoken from my long slumber....
    • View Profile

I call dips on Pope and Abe!
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

And now I go to sleep. G'night.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Black lives matter.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also true, but most monsters also tend to have inherent weaknesses to stuff like silver, salt, running water, cold iron, holy water, fire and so on and so forth.
You forgot to mention how quick they are to resort to violence. Makes running false-flags and turning them against one another quite easy.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

Also, regarding anti-magic...

that's mostly a blanket term. There are several kinds of antimagic.

There's magic dampening, which makes mana itself function less in the area around a person.

There's disjunction, which actually IS magic, and is basically just tearing apart spells as they form.

And there's Antimana, which..

Is not what they use.

Antimana is kinda... well, you know what antimatter is?

That.

Except for magic.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

I'm thinking of dropping this game. I just don't feel I'm having as much fun as other people even when I try to set thing up for it.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

There's magic dampening, which makes mana itself function less in the area around a person.

There's disjunction, which actually IS magic, and is basically just tearing apart spells as they form.

Is not what they use.

That.

Except for magic.
*slaps with fish*
STOP USING WORDS I DON'T UNDERSTAND ;-;
Hm. Antimana might be the best one to explain Sabrina's antimagic, simply because it IS specified she is completely unable to cast magic of her own.

I'm thinking of dropping this game. I just don't feel I'm having as much fun as other people even when I try to set thing up for it.
no kj-sempai
pls
we need ships

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

Is not what they use.

That.

Except for magic.
*slaps with fish*
STOP USING WORDS I DON'T UNDERSTAND ;-;
Hm. Antimana might be the best one to explain Sabrina's antimagic, simply because it IS specified she is completely unable to cast magic of her own.

No, it really wouldn't.

If she was using antimana, it would be less a problem of magic-users spells fizzling around her and more of them tapping into their mana and exploding violently
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*drools*
but it would be so fun
explosions
EXPLOSIONS

Ahem. So either antimana or some sort of very-extreme non-magical disjunction stuff, primarily because either one explains how Sabrina herself can't use magic. Ever.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

*drools*
but it would be so fun
explosions
EXPLOSIONS

Ahem. So either antimana or some sort of very-extreme non-magical disjunction stuff, primarily because either one explains how Sabrina herself can't use magic. Ever.

She's a walking mana dampener.

Mana decays when it gets near her, turning into some other type of energy and dispersing.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll have a crack at it:
  • A field of twisted reality around her that magic simply cannot exist in. As in, it's very concept ceases to exist.
  • Continuous magical emissions. White-noise basically. Drowns out everyone's magic.
  • Telepathic anomaly. Blocks out fucking everything by preventing people from being able to form the required thoughts.
  • An event horizon of sorts. Whatever's required to power magic just gets sucked into her. So it can't escape, meaning she can't cast anything. But no one else in the area would be able to cast anything either because she's basically siphoned all the resources.
  • Sheer stubbornness. Disbelieves magic so hard despite all evidence to the contrary that it simply gives up and stops working.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

• A field of twisted reality around her that magic simply cannot exist in. As in, it's very concept ceases to exist.
  • Continuous magical emissions. White-noise basically. Drowns out everyone's magic.
  • Telepathic anomaly. Blocks out fucking everything by preventing people from being able to form the required thoughts.
  • An event horizon of sorts. Whatever's required to power magic just gets sucked into her. So it can't escape, meaning she can't cast anything. But no one else in the area would be able to cast anything either because she's basically siphoned all the resources.
  • Sheer stubbornness. Disbelieves magic so hard despite all evidence to the contrary that it simply gives up and stops working.
Telepathic anomalies, magical event horizons and sheer stubbornness wouldn't work, because she's established to not even have a telepathic presence, she can suppress her antimagic to allow others to work around her and she knows magic exists- she even lived with a Necromancer and had Yuri as a servant.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

There's also the explanation that Magic is a phenomenon that is defined by being something that shouldn't exist, so she might just be emanating some sort of field that enforces reality.

Hell, that might be the actual source of their Edges Boons and their rituals just shape it into specific things :P

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There's also the explanation that Magic is a phenomenon that is defined by being something that shouldn't exist, so she might just be emanating some sort of field that enforces reality.
So she's basically a walking holocaust seeing as supernaturals shouldn't exist? :D

Oh and something ripped off from one of my own setting: self replicating spells. Sort of like how viruses and prions are just masses of chemicals that happen to hijack cells, forcing them to create more of them and thus proliferating them. Except in this case, it's a spell. She continuously emits spells that hijack whatever the hell people cast magic using, forcing them to continuously cast copies of themselves, thus rendering them unable to cast anything else.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 02:56:48 am by Empiricist »
Pages: 1 ... 478 479 [480] 481 482 ... 534